Author Topic: Politics + war child board vote  (Read 7590 times)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: Politics + war child board vote
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »
Bet on it.  If you wanna make such accusations, but your $ where your mouth is.

Let's both mail Hedgehog $1000.  He can test your theory, and keep 10% for his trouble.  I'll take my $1800 whenever he'd done.

(this is the part where you bitch out)

because a 60+ page thread on 911, the biggest event of our lifetimes in America, is a little too cluttered to discuss things adequately.

When you post new relevent information it isn't merged. Your rehashed arguments are the ones merged.
Z

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »
Bet on it.  If you wanna make such accusations, but your $ where your mouth is.

Let's both mail Hedgehog $1000.  He can test your theory, and keep 10% for his trouble.  I'll take my $1800 whenever he'd done.

(this is the part where you bitch out)

pardon me for thinking that surely there wasn't another retard like you running amok.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 02:52:40 PM »
This thread has spun out of control because of people like Nordic going apeshit.

Right... ::) it has nothing to do with 240 being adamant on being a mod and not fucking off when everyone has told him NO!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2006, 02:53:47 PM »
I don't see why there shouldn't be a politics board. Many forums have one. One thing is for sure, a big merged thread is very confusing.
Most importantly, what harm will it do to have another board for politics? None. I am pretty sure that it will be active, much more so then the womens bodybuilding board or the NPC contest board - they are ghost towns.

I would be careful of choosing a mod though, as I am sure debates will get very heated. Someone without a 'dog in the fight' would be best IMO.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2006, 02:57:06 PM »
I would be careful of choosing a mod though, as I am sure debates will get very heated. Someone without a 'dog in the fight' would be best IMO.

Damn straight brother!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »
Idea...Rob throw a free forum for this together...There are plenty of sites that host them or make one yourself, ie. boom7.
 :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2006, 05:28:16 PM »
Damn straight brother!

CQ is a chick...correction...a hot chick

de ja vu?

Lets keep this thread on track please ladies and gentlemen

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2006, 05:40:23 PM »
oh, there are plenty of forums out there.  But i enjoy chatting with my getbig brethrean.

Learning 911 was an inside job opened my mind up to a while new world.  I like to share that with people. 

I'm fine with a neutral moderator, as long as we dont have 80 page merged deals.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »
f**k it, i'm leaving Getbig if you and Ozmo become fucking mods...

How the hell can that be fair? 2 people with agendas ruling the politics section? Give me a fucking break...

Why don't u get Haider to mod too? Fucking wonderful! ::)
LOL, I find it wonderful that you've voted yourself off the list as if you were ever going to be considered in the first place  ;). However, I do find it interesting that you would have beef with a muslim being mod...such as myself (though I consider myself far too young and "stupid" to hold such a position), as if I have ever been caught pushing my "agenda". My religious belief's aside, I don't think that I am biased...misinformed maybe.. Judging my opinions based on my religion is nothing short of prejudice on your part. Regardless, I think I can do well for myself arguing from a standpoint outside the realms of the religion I belong to...meaning I don't let it restrict my thinking as much as you like to think...yes you.
follow the arrows

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2006, 05:59:59 PM »
oh, there are plenty of forums out there.  But i enjoy chatting with my getbig brethrean.

Learning 911 was an inside job opened my mind up to a while new world.  I like to share that with people. 

I'm fine with a neutral moderator, as long as we dont have 80 page merged deals.

You're like a born again CT'er handing out flyers at the mall  ;D

I know what you mean....  When finally we see the BS the goverment and the media try and make us believe and how there is very subtle propaganda everywhere it's hard not to talk about it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2006, 06:07:50 PM »
For the record, i would like a Politics and War board, but if it doesn't happen i don't plan to file any legal action on those responsible for it's demise.  I'll just continue to post on the general board with a good attitutde towards others.   ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2006, 03:20:22 AM »
Al G, I don't think you should be able to threaten and insult Jag on the new board like you do here.  Calling her the daughter of Farrakhan and implying that a call to the FBI can be made on her behalf - that is something we don't need in the new board.

That's something that should not be allowed by anybody on ANY board.
If someone is breaking the law, infringing on another's rights...that's one thing, ...but for having a differing opinion?
  :(

Put passionate people on there.  nothing gets deleted unless it breaks rules.  And yes, there might need to be three threads on one topic.  There are currently 75 threads on Jay's Mr O win on the main board.  Can you imagine the mess G&O would be if they merged?

I'm ready to break down evidence, spread things out and have a nice fine debate :)

As for a new child board, at this point in time, I really don't see why one is necessary. . . especially in light of the cyclical nature of politics. This is an election year, so we're going to see political issues permeating discussion far more frequently than at other times. There are a lot of things going on in the world of politics right now and that inevitably will spark more watercooler discussion.

The big challenge I have is when people choose to hijack threads and spin them off into an entirely new area. I think a new topic is warranted for that. eg: Katie's revenge. I bring this up, not because it is a topic I started, but rather because I believe it is the clearest example I can immediately bring to mind.  This thread was properly titled and the subject matter made clear immediately, ...however it was hijacked and spun in a different direction. I'm of the opinion a new topic should have been started by those who wanted to discuss the issues they raised off-topic to the thread, because those who perhaps may have found it of interest, most likely would not see it. having initially clicked on it, they would continue to assume new posts to the thread would be about vigilante jailhouse justice. This deprives participants of the opportunity for discourse and input into a topic they otherwise might find of interest and to which they may have something of value to contribute ...at least those posters with self control. I don't know where it is written that says one must read every single post or subject they encounter. Where does such a lack of self-control stem from? ...and when should others be held responsible for their lack of self-control? It's not a magnet, ...it's a post on a bulletin board.

I also have a problem with moderators arbitrarily merging threads especially into those of DIFFERENT subjects, and especially without any notification to the original poster, or to the rest of the readers. I think it's inconsiderate. I've seen both STella and Beast move threads they deemed inappropriate for boards they modded, and leave notations for readers that enabled those who participated and/or followed those threads to be able to find them. Without such courtesies, users grow resentful. I saw great discussions taking place on 911 which were respectful and illuminating, where points were beginning to be debated in a respectful way, unfortunately, it all got lost in the jumble. Ironically, from what I was able to gather, the overwhelmingly stated desire for a merger of these threads was because so many who were interested in the discussions taking shape, were having difficulty keeping up. Now, we're seeing calls for merger from those who don't even want to take part in those discussions. Well then don't click the thread. DAH!

I think if mods remove, or alter a post, they should at least be willing to own up to doing so, and at least have the courtesy and decency to inform the offender exactly what it is about their post that has been found objectionable and allow them the opportunity to remedy the situation in order to avoid misunderstandings.

If the decision is made to have a political child board, then I truly don't think it should be a matter on 1 mod from either side. Rules are clear whether you are a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green Party member etc., If somebody posts something you don't like about the party you find yourself affiliated with ...TUFF BEANS! Why should a member of the natural law party scream to the mod who votes natural law that something unsavoury about a natural law candidate is on the board so remove it? That's ridiculous. Furthermore, if the state of partisan politics in the realm most frequently discussed, ...not to mention the level of ignorance to be found vis-a-vis the current state of affairs is any indication, then moderation or board leadership based on partisanship has already demonstrated itself to be a poor, dysfunctional, and unproductive policy. There is already a set of rules, which if actually adhered to, and applied equally, across the board, the type of continued marginalization, harassment, bigotry, bullying, and hypocrasy that has well proven itself to be fertilizer for the growing animosities we are seeing here, would not continue to grow, and we would be able to have meaningful, enlightening, and co-operative discourse with our neighbours here in Getbig.

I also think that in political posts people naturally have a tendency to get heated, therefore we should all self moderate our statements without purposely trying to piss people off, ...whether overtly or through the passive / aggressive ways so many around here adopt. I also think it's about time we stop attacking the messenger. I also think there are certain established relationships here that provide people with sufficient enough background to know who they can tease and have their playful teasing accepted within the spirit with which it was sent. Those without that history of such an established relationship shouldn't attempt to do so because it will lead to hidden resentments and meltdowns.

There... I've weighed in my 2 cents. What a mouthful, ...but then again, ...I've hardly been known for brevity.  ;)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2006, 03:21:48 AM »

Anyhow, to reiterate: I think 240 would be a terrible choice for moderate. He can't even moderate himself.

...and you can?  ::) When was the last time you saw a post started by '240 is back' with a subject heading designed for no other purpose than to attack and harrass a reader of this forum?
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2006, 05:14:21 PM »
...and you can?  ::) When was the last time you saw a post started by '240 is back' with a subject heading designed for no other purpose than to attack and harrass a reader of this forum?

haguar, did you see me nominate myself for moderator? I like taking potshots at you and 240 and the others in your parade of retards too much to do that. try and keep up . . . I know it's tougher for you than it is for most normal people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »

I like taking potshots at you and 240 and the others in your parade of retards too much to do that. try and keep up . . . I know it's tougher for you than it is for most normal people.

A parade of retards which seeks a complete investigation of the most horrific event of our lifetimes?

I'd suggest the 'parade of retards' is the group who would chew their mulch and just nod their heads obediently to the findings of a politically biased, underfunded and incomplete investigation.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2006, 06:46:56 PM »

I'd suggest the 'parade of retards' is the group who would chew their mulch and just nod their heads obediently to the findings of a politically biased, underfunded and incomplete investigation.

i agree . . . why do you feel the need to reiterate the nature of your "investigation"? ???

BTW, where's my fanboys tonight?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »
i agree . . . why do you feel the need to reiterate the nature of your "investigation"? ???

Are you saying the 911 Investigation was thorough and complete?

Because the men who ran it admit that it was incomplete, underfunded, rushed, and that they were unable to answer many of the questions that they had.

You know what the word 'appease' means?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2006, 07:11:42 PM »
240 you are hijacking this thread again.

Not only that but you have spun back to the same arguement.

Time to move on.
Z

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
Yeah, dude.   you are doing it again.   :P

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2006, 09:40:16 PM »
How about a child board where 240 and I can snipe at each other? seems to account for about 25-50% of the posts on the General Board . . .  :-\

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2006, 12:31:22 AM »
yes on politics board - no limits there though.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2006, 03:36:37 AM »
To update:

There are 5 members for a child board...maybe 6, could CQ please clarify her vote.

And 6 against

There are several members who voted that havent been here long enough for their votes to count but thankyou for contributing

voting ends in 24 hours ish so if you have a preference please voice it now

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2006, 04:17:56 AM »
To update:

There are 5 members for a child board...maybe 6, could CQ please clarify her vote.

And 6 against

There are several members who voted that havent been here long enough for their votes to count but thankyou for contributing

voting ends in 24 hours ish so if you have a preference please voice it now

Am I the deciding vote? Am I the 'man of the hour'?
It's a big decision, I have tossed and turned - and I vote...
YES to a politics board.
I am sure we can count on 240 and Jag to fill it for us :)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2006, 04:27:47 AM »
Am I the deciding vote? Am I the 'man of the hour'?

not quite...its 6 a piece now

are you the man of the hour? Ive defended your gender twice this week already.... ;)