Author Topic: Politics + war child board vote  (Read 7552 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Politics + war child board vote
« on: October 03, 2006, 07:16:19 AM »
At the request of several valued members, lets vote whether politics and war should have their own child board down here at getbig board 11 (general topics). Or if you believe it is a 'general topic' and the people starting all the threads etc. should just show some consideration in posting and leave the topics here.

a yes vote = you want a child board and please suggest who you believe would make fair moderators

a no vote = no child board

a sensible reason for your vote would be appreciated

vote = till Friday nightish...any unrelated posts or arguments in this thread will be deleted  :D

results will be forwarded to Ron

nb: Only 3 star plus members votes will count

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Politics + war child board vote
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:29:55 AM »
please please please

make this a child board to general topics?

Moderators: OzmO, Hedgehog

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 07:34:30 AM »
Yes, and 240 or Hedge.

The child board should be in general topics just like the religion board.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:38:24 AM »
Yes
Moderators, Norris Superman, Wotten, Hedgehog

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 08:13:08 AM »
No

How about just enforce proper posting and Send PMs out those that seem to start 10 threads a day. IE 240, and jaguar. Sounds to me like a cop out to 240 since he has been whining for this for months.

If political and war talk left this board then in the last week you would have had rate your favorite rock band, what is it, BKS and Re: Delete as the discussions for this board. Those are fine topics, but do they make up a board? Sounds kind of lame to me.

The general board is fine for these discussions and they will move back here anyway. Just look at how many religious discussion seem to move back and forth from the religion board.

For that matter I think the religious board should merge back into general discussions.

If there is a new board. Then there is no way that 240 or Nordic should be moderators if that board is made.
Keep the same mods as the general board.
Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 08:29:26 AM »
No. I don't want a child board.

If there is a child board however:

I vote for myself, CQ and Beach Bum as moderators.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 08:55:40 AM »
No

How about just enforce proper posting and Send PMs out those that seem to start 10 threads a day. IE 240, and jaguar. Sounds to me like a cop out to 240 since he has been whining for this for months.

If political and war talk left this board then in the last week you would have had rate your favorite rock band, what is it, BKS and Re: Delete as the discussions for this board. Those are fine topics, but do they make up a board? Sounds kind of lame to me.

The general board is fine for these discussions and they will move back here anyway. Just look at how many religious discussion seem to move back and forth from the religion board.

For that matter I think the religious board should merge back into general discussions.

If there is a new board. Then there is no way that 240 or Nordic should be moderators if that board is made.

What he said.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »
Enough boards.  General topics handles them OK for now.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 09:14:02 AM »
Yes
Moderators, Norris Superman, Wotten, Hedgehog

I love you Chesney! :-*

Yes I believe there should be a seperate board.

But the following people should not be mods:

[any muslim member], Nordic Superman, 240 is back, jag, ozmo, beserker.

All these people have political agendas and it would undermine a politics forum if they became mods.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 09:16:41 AM »
I love you Chesney! :-*

Yes I believe there should be a seperate board.

But the following people should not be mods:

[any muslim member], Nordic Superman, 240 is back, jag, ozmo, beserker.

All these people have political agendas and it would undermine a politics forum if they became mods.

I knew i liked you for some reason Nordy  ;D

But really,  everyone has some sort of political agenda.  Even Hedge.  Basically what you are saying is  anyone who is actively discussing politics shouldn't be considered.  That might make it hard to find a moderator.  IMO.   

So maybe a current moderator might consider the extra duty.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 09:41:15 AM »
No. I don't want a child board.

If there is a child board however:

I vote for myself, CQ and Beach Bum as moderators.

YIP
Zack

I feel so special :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 11:10:45 AM »
Politics & War would be a great child board for General.

Religion and politics are the two topics which friends should never discuss, they're the two corenerstones which fill our minds and are the basis for nearly all debates.  Secular and Religious. 

Making the child board has allowed people to further expand upon thoughts.  We cannot do that now.  For instance 9/11 - the single most defining life of every American and the justification for the 2 wars we are in - warrants more than one jumbled thread.

Mods - I would suggest three - one from each extreme and one in the middle.  That would be 240 / Hedge / OzmO.  Oz and I brought this to the comments board a few weeks ago originally, thinking that as we were both passionate about it, but from opposite sides of the aisle, we'd make a good team.  Honestly, if it ends up being 2 or 3 people who just mock and merge 911 topics, it was a complete waste.  Mods have to be passionate, open minded, and from all side of the political spectrum, including at least one who embraces a viewpoint skeptical of the official govt version of daily events.

I want to expand upon ideas.  I want debates on the reasons we're at war. I want debates on the facts.  I don't want an organizational drawer with one pinned 911 thread, one pinned iraq thread, etc.  I want to expand upon ideas and let them grow.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 11:25:53 AM »
Fuck it, i'm leaving Getbig if you and Ozmo become fucking mods...

How the hell can that be fair? 2 people with agendas ruling the politics section? Give me a fucking break...

Why don't u get Haider to mod too? Fucking wonderful! ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 11:36:07 AM »
f**k it, i'm leaving Getbig if you and Ozmo become fucking mods...
How the hell can that be fair? 2 people with agendas ruling the politics section? Give me a fucking break...

That is the idea!  You see how shows like hannity and Colmes work - you have two moderators with difference sets of fundamental beliefs, who adhere to one set of rules.  If you have 2-3 casual politics followers, it'll turn into a sock drawer of info.  But OzmO and I would set up equal space for both sides, the ability to seriously debate things, create a knowledge base of sources, videos, and text content which people could reference, and an overall feel of acceptance for both, or all 3 sides of every argument.

I don't want the Politics board to become another random mess of ideas.  I want it to be a place where people from Getbig will go to seriously learn and seriously debate - and respectfully.  There has to be a wide right person, and there has to be a wide left person, and a moderate.  And one of them has to be open-minded to the possibility of self-attacks by governments - because even tho 7 of 10 people would deny it til the day they die, the other 30% do see that governments do this.  And least one moderator has to be from this arena of thought.

Strong moderation for organization, respectful arguments, no veiled threats of "calling the FBI on each other", etc.  One 911 skeptic among moderators is all I ask. Polls show that 1 in 3 people doubt the official story - so it should follow that 1 of 3 mods be from this school of thought.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 11:53:36 AM »
f**k it, i'm leaving Getbig if you and Ozmo become fucking mods...

Why don't u get Haider to mod too? Fucking wonderful! ::)

What does a mod do exactly?

The only thing i've seen them do is pull disrespectful posts and merge threads occasionally.

BTW....if you leave Get BIG who will i apologize for instaed?   ;D

Dude Chill......   drink some fo that fantastic Beer you have over there.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »
Sorry guys, I don't mind you both, but fucking having control for you 2 is not right.

Are you both not man enough to admit you have agendas? How can it be fair?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 11:59:32 AM »
Sorry guys, I don't mind you both, but fucking having control for you 2 is not right.

I'm sure i have some sort of agenda...  I hate BUSH and the neo-cons,  and i'm not keen on our 2 party system i think we need other choices.  So i guess i do have an agenda.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »

The only "control" would be tossing out threatening posts, or merging forty Z1 threads on the same topic.

I think we both admit we have agendas - which is what you WANT when assembling a political forum of any kind.  As long as all sides are represented, and neither moderator deletes unless rules are broken, it'll make for a better board.  

Would you rather have 2-3 people that casually watch the news?  or people from both sides of teh spectrum who passionately believe in the topics?  

And, any mod who deletes anything which isnt' 1) illegal 2) threatening/offensive, should be removed from duty.  None of this Chic/Ray stuff, where you start debates then delete when you lose. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 12:14:54 PM »
Politics & War would be a great child board for General.

Religion and politics are the two topics which friends should never discuss, they're the two corenerstones which fill our minds and are the basis for nearly all debates.  Secular and Religious. 

Making the child board has allowed people to further expand upon thoughts.  We cannot do that now.  For instance 9/11 - the single most defining life of every American and the justification for the 2 wars we are in - warrants more than one jumbled thread.

Mods - I would suggest three - one from each extreme and one in the middle.  That would be 240 / Hedge / OzmO.  Oz and I brought this to the comments board a few weeks ago originally, thinking that as we were both passionate about it, but from opposite sides of the aisle, we'd make a good team.  Honestly, if it ends up being 2 or 3 people who just mock and merge 911 topics, it was a complete waste.  Mods have to be passionate, open minded, and from all side of the political spectrum, including at least one who embraces a viewpoint skeptical of the official govt version of daily events.

I want to expand upon ideas.  I want debates on the reasons we're at war. I want debates on the facts.  I don't want an organizational drawer with one pinned 911 thread, one pinned iraq thread, etc.  I want to expand upon ideas and let them grow.

240 - There are at least 20 threads on 9-11 alone.
You want to expland on your missinformation about 9-11, fine. Start a thread that isn't about the same WTC 7 building crash and won't be merged. You are constantly arguing the same points that is why the 9-11 threads keep getting merged.
Also most of this board already is politics.
Between you and Jaguar, Berserker, we had about 20 of the same topics appear a day, that was what was causing the problem. If you stick to single in smaller threads there wouldn't be a need for this a Politics board.
You, Jaguar, and Berserker, always start new threads when similar information comes up. You had at one time three WTC 7 threads, before the first merge. You kept adding threads as you were losing the debate in other thread. It was terribly annoying and this type of crap would constantly be happening in a child board moderated by you.

By the way OzmO isn't on the other side from you. Mr. Intensone is, even Beach Bum is farther right then OzmO. Ozmo is more on your side then most, he just wants you not exaggerate or change the side you argue from in the same post.

I really think you would not be suited to mod something like this.

The four best Mods IMO are probably Stella , Hedgehog, and Mindspin, maybe even Bigger Business. At least they don't try to cloud general discussion and in Stella's case with the Religion board actually add to the discussion, with the Religious information threads.
Z

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 12:18:27 PM »
No

i agree w this post.

also think there should be a limit on the number of threads a poster may begin in a 24 hr. period.

if there is a new board, stella, hedgehog, and bigger business for mods.  they are known  quantities.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 12:24:04 PM »
Al G, I don't think you should be able to threaten and insult Jag on the new board like you do here.  Calling her the daughter of Farrakhan and implying that a call to the FBI can be made on her behalf - that is something we don't need in the new board.

Put passionate people on there.  nothing gets deleted unless it breaks rules.  And yes, there might need to be three threads on one topic.  There are currently 75 threads on Jay's Mr O win on the main board.  Can you imagine the mess G&O would be if they merged?

I'm ready to break down evidence, spread things out and have a nice fine debate :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 12:26:53 PM »
240 - There are at least 20 threads on 9-11 alone.
You want to expland on your missinformation about 9-11, fine. Start a thread that isn't about the same WTC 7 building crash and won't be merged. You are constantly arguing the same points that is why the 9-11 threads keep getting merged.
Also most of this board already is politics.
Between you and Jaguar, Berserker, we had about 20 of the same topics appear a day, that was what was causing the problem. If you stick to single in smaller threads there wouldn't be a need for this a Politics board.
You, Jaguar, and Berserker, always start new threads when similar information comes up. You had at one time three WTC 7 threads, before the first merge. You kept adding threads as you were losing the debate in other thread. It was terribly annoying and this type of crap would constantly be happening in a child board moderated by you.

By the way OzmO isn't on the other side from you. Mr. Intensone is, even Beach Bum is farther right then OzmO. Ozmo is more on your side then most, he just wants you not exaggerate or change the side you argue from in the same post.

I really think you would not be suited to mod something like this.

The four best Mods IMO are probably Stella , Hedgehog, and Mindspin, maybe even Bigger Business. At least they don't try to cloud general discussion and in Stella's case with the Religion board actually add to the discussion, with the Religious information threads.

Couple of points:

-  If i couldn't say what ever i wanted to say when ever i wanted to say it then i wouldn't want to be a mod.

-  Next is believing that 9/11 was a military opp an idication of political ideology?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 12:28:50 PM »
The only "control" would be tossing out threatening posts, or merging forty Z1 threads on the same topic.

I think we both admit we have agendas - which is what you WANT when assembling a political forum of any kind.  As long as all sides are represented, and neither moderator deletes unless rules are broken, it'll make for a better board. 

Would you rather have 2-3 people that casually watch the news?  or people from both sides of teh spectrum who passionately believe in the topics? 

And, any mod who deletes anything which isnt' 1) illegal 2) threatening/offensive, should be removed from duty.  None of this Chic/Ray stuff, where you start debates then delete when you lose. 

Of course I would rather have casually political people mod the forum. This way only really offensive shit is removed etc... otherwise your own agenda might come into play (see excellent post by a_joker10).

You should do the right thing and exclude yourself from possible mods.

You're also mentally deranged, just one more thing to add up on the abacus of why you shouldn't be mod.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 12:33:51 PM »

Couple of points:

-  If i couldn't say what ever i wanted to say when ever i wanted to say it then i wouldn't want to be a mod.

-  Next is believing that 9/11 was a military opp an idication of political ideology?

True
and
No
You stated yourself many times that you are liberal.
Mr. Intenseone is not.
240 states that he is a conservative, however I think that MR. Intenseone would fully disagree, as would many people that support President Bush. 240 Might be a libertarian but that is not a true conservative.
Z

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 12:36:03 PM »
Al G, I don't think you should be able to threaten and insult Jag on the new board like you do here.  Calling her the daughter of Farrakhan and

I have never threatened anyone on any of the boards here.  If you and jag and other dumbasses have paranoid delusions, that's your problem, not mine.

And IMO, jag is figuratively Farrakhan's daughter.  A member of a minority group who disguises their hatred for another minority/nation as "truth." that's bullshit.

implying that a call to the FBI can be made on her behalf - that is something we don't need in the new board.

I have no idea what you paranoiacs are talking about. And I would never make a foolish assertion like that--FBI for a Canadian? WTF?

Anyhow, to reiterate: I think 240 would be a terrible choice for moderate. He can't even moderate himself.