Author Topic: Dwayne Johnson Training  (Read 6669 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Dwayne Johnson Training
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:49:45 PM »
I read that he used to bench 350-400 pounds as a freshman at 17 years old. Anyone know what type of routine he fallowed at that age?
just push some weight!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Training
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 12:51:59 PM »
I read that he used to bench 350-400 pounds as a freshman at 17 years old. Anyone know what type of routine he fallowed at that age?

He bench pressed.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 01:12:40 PM »

Dude he was just naturally a stong freak. I dont think it had a thing to do with his routine Alexx. He played football by me out here in PA.

Another example, James Mungro of the Indianapolis colts...He went to the neighbouring school to mine.  He was naturally built like a bodybuilder. Naturally strong..he hardly would train legs, actually, compared to how we train, you would say he didnt know how to train- yet he was strong as hell, fast, etc...(we would train in the same gym, nice guy)

genetics man...

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 01:15:33 PM »
football in PA? He did college at Univ Miami and trains at a gym in Weston FL (his family still lives nearby)/ He is very kind, cool with no entourage.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 01:21:47 PM »
He bench pressed.

AHAHAHAHAH!!!  Yes, Alexxx is about as sharp as a marble.

body88

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 01:23:13 PM »
football in PA? He did college at Univ Miami and trains at a gym in Weston FL (his family still lives nearby)/ He is very kind, cool with no entourage.

lol

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 01:40:31 PM »
body88 That Avatar is a crackup ! Is that Agassi ( circa 1990 ) ?

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 01:42:15 PM »
The Rock was also a fatty boom batty bouy back then, he was super over weight and had lipo done before he entered the WWE...
They call me Jaejonna!!!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:01:24 PM »

Be careful not to read everything you believe or to believe everything you read. The guy is Samoan and every Samoan I have ever seen in the gym was incredibly strong = genetics. 
and keep moving!

body88

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »
body88 That Avatar is a crackup ! Is that Agassi ( circa 1990 ) ?

Yes!!! One of the most extravegent mullets of all time!!!! Look at that beast of a hair cut!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 02:18:09 PM »
Be careful not to read everything you believe or to believe everything you read. The guy is Samoan and every Samoan I have ever seen in the gym was incredibly strong = genetics. 

Bone Density and short Muscles and Higher bodyfat,(Better Mechanical Advantage) tend to make these guys decent lifters, but not for their bodyweight. :)

They tend to be prone to carry higher bodyfat levels even at lower calories.  I have noticed this with certain Asians as well.

Stavios

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »
Dwayne Johnson is the man, I am pretty sure he could do it since like Max_Rep said, he is samoan and they are all some strong mofos

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »
He's half Samoan half black. 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »

Samoans have no distinct advantage. First time the rock steped into the gym at 13 he missed a 135 bench press but next week got it.
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 03:11:41 PM »
Samoans have no distinct advantage. First time the rock steped into the gym at 13 he missed a 135 bench press but next week got it.

the first time I steped into a gym at 14 I missed a 90 pounds bench press !!!!!  :o

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 03:13:25 PM »
the first time I steped into a gym at 14 I missed a 90 pounds bench press !!!!!  :o

lol but thats actually good considering most guys at your gym do that!
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 03:16:56 PM »
lol but thats actually good considering most guys at your gym do that!
most guys at my gym are actually pretty strong

no one seems to go heavy in the legs exercises thought

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 03:17:08 PM »
The Rock was also a fatty boom batty bouy back then, he was super over weight and had lipo done before he entered the WWE...
didn't he get chest implants too?? i also read that at one time he was completly poor, pretty much living on the street.
bodybuildersreality.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 03:17:26 PM »
most guys at my gym are actually pretty strong

no one seems to go heavy in the legs exercises thought

They can all press 135 pounds?
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 03:18:27 PM »
They can all press 135 pounds?

yes  :o

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 03:21:26 PM »
didn't he get chest implants too?? i also read that at one time he was completly poor, pretty much living on the street.

No he never had implants... ::)

As for the piss poor comment yes its true. When his agent sent him to Calgary (Canada) to play in the CFL. He shared a room with 4 other players and was going through trash to find a decent piss free matress. He would go to the meetings uninvited to get some a free sub or two which would last him the better part of the whole week.

But he still remained huge and strong even living on possibly lower than 1000 calories.

After a few months he went back home and started on his wrestling career with his father.
just push some weight!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 03:22:35 PM »
No he never had implants... ::)

As for the piss poor comment yes its true. When his agent sent him to Calgary (Canada) to play in the CFL. He shared a room with 4 other players and was going through trash to find a decent piss free matress. He would go to the meetings uninvited to get some a free sub or two which would last him the better part of the whole week.

But he still remained huge and strong even living on possibly lower than 1000 calories.

After a few months he went back home and started on his wrestling career with his father.
:o whoa.
bodybuildersreality.com

Stavios

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 03:22:53 PM »
where did you read that alexxx

AVBG

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »
ya gotta love the ROCK  8)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 03:25:09 PM »
I have his autobiographie at home and am rereading it again for motivation. I also have Hulk Hogan's. Recommend both to all action movie fans.
just push some weight!