Author Topic: Other Wrothy Olympia Performances?  (Read 1624 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Other Wrothy Olympia Performances?
« on: October 05, 2006, 11:10:13 AM »
Since there is so much bickering in alot of the other threads I figured I'd start a new one and ask a simple question.

Who else besides the Jay and Ronnie thing got your attention-either ina good or bad way-at the olympia?
nasser=piece of shit

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Other Wrothy Olympia Performances?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:25:35 AM »
Since there is so much bickering in alot of the other threads I figured I'd start a new one and ask a simple question.

Who else besides the Jay and Ronnie thing got your attention-either ina good or bad way-at the olympia?

Melvin sure looked great , he's keep moving up with spot on conditioning he could move higher , people claim he's to small  ::) I believe he's 5'9" and weighs 240lbs thats what Lee Haney weighed at his first Olympia win and he's 2" taller

I think Ronnie Rockel was shafted he looked awesome , such a great looking physique , he's what a bodybuilder should look like , hopefully if he's doing the Euro-tour he'll fair better with European judges .

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 11:31:08 AM »
Melvin sure looked great , he's keep moving up with spot on conditioning he could move higher , people claim he's to small  ::) I believe he's 5'9" and weighs 240lbs thats what Lee Haney weighed at his first Olympia win and he's 2" taller

I think Ronnie Rockel was shafted he looked awesome , such a great looking physique , he's what a bodybuilder should look like , hopefully if he's doing the Euro-tour he'll fair better with European judges .

good call, I always like Rockel shame he won a show this year and gets overlooked at the big dance...I thought him and Dave henry were the best of the last place guys.
nasser=piece of shit

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 11:37:20 AM »
I thought Gunter coming in 10th place was a bit of a surprise; he's probably wondering which way is up right about now.  That and Vince Taylor placing 11th, He just turned 50 in August.  Well done Vince  8)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 11:39:43 AM »
I thought Gunter coming in 10th place was a bit of a surprise; he's probably wondering which way is up right about now.  That and Vince Taylor placing 11th, He just turned 50 in August.  Well done Vince  8)

unless gunter is 100% he's lucky to be in the top 5, he was a low level pro before 02 adn he just shocked everyone with his performance that year.  I like him and I want him to do well but realistically unless he's totally shredded and someone else is off he shouldn't be beating anyone int he top 5 from this year.
nasser=piece of shit

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 11:47:56 AM »
Dave Henry!!!! Oh wait, he might have placed higher had he actually lifted weights and not gotten a good pump using DC training.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »
My only real complaint with the show would be the lighting, or lack of rather.  In this shot of Toney Freeman, it's almost like he's posing in the dark.

Alex23

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 03:14:08 PM »

Melvin no doubt about it; on stage and off stage. At the breakfast conference on sunday morning he was telling jokes on how he break a fight with his wife just to cruise to Krispy cream and have "1" donut and end up buying the box...eat one, throw the box away but still go back to the trash to eat the rest...  anyway, this guy has personality and improves ever year.

He still has room on his frame but his words, "want to add on size slowly, last thing I wants is to look 2nd trimester on stage"