Author Topic: Lets see if the Liberal press reports this................  (Read 1671 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Lets see if the Liberal press reports this................
« on: October 05, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 5 2006 2:53:48 ET XXXXX

CLAIM: FILTHY FOLEY ONLINE MESSAGES WERE PAGE PRANK GONE AWRY
**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

According to two people close to former congressional page Jordan Edmund, the now famous lurid AOL Instant Message exchanges that led to the resignation of Mark Foley were part of an online prank that by mistake got into the hands of enemy political operatives, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

According to one Oklahoma source who knows the former page very well, Edmund, a conservative Republican, goaded an unwitting Foley to type embarrassing comments that were then shared with a small group of young Hill politicos. The prank went awry when the saved IM sessions got into the hands of political operatives favorable to Democrats.

The primary source, an ally of Edmund, adamantly proclaims that the former page is not a homosexual. The prank scenario was confirmed by a second associate of Edmund. Both are fearful that their political careers will be affected if they are publicly brought into the investigation.

The prank scenario only applies to the Edmund IM sessions and does not necessarily apply to any other exchanges between the former congressman and others.

The news come on the heels that Edmund has hired former Timothy McVeigh attorney, Stephen Jones.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2006
Not for reproduction without permission of the author

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Lets see if the Liberal press reports this................
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 04:39:45 PM »
if he's that effin stupid, it's a good thing he's no longer representing his former constituents.

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
I think this is the same story that was ****competely debunked**** on CNN today along with some other recent drudge event that was related to a page.
The world is mine!!!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:08:04 PM »
Wow, all quiet on the Liberal front with this thread!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 07:28:58 PM »
OK,  this isn't counter press?

I mean, Foley even claimed he was molested to deflect blame.

And ins't he' by his own admission guilty?

Now, this story is ran as a claim.  So  until it's more substansiated then i don't see your "liberal" media (which is reallly conservative) sacrificing it's credibility right yet.  .

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 07:53:47 PM »
Who cares. The legal age of consent is 16 in DC.

The only question here is abuse of power. Pretty safe to say if you have power, you are abusing it.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 08:04:36 PM »
I'm waiting until someone a little more credible either confirms or denies this story. Drudge is a nutjob to an even higher degree than Limbaugh. In fact he's so strange that he's borderline in Michael Savage terrority. Not someone you want to be using as a source.

You have to know not the trust what Drudge says without confirming with other sources right Mr. Intenseone? Right?

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 08:29:05 PM »
Who cares. The legal age of consent is 16 in DC.

The only question here is abuse of power. Pretty safe to say if you have power, you are abusing it.
I would have thought this to be a ***whopper of a no brainer.***  How about the parents of pages from all over the country?  I venture to bet they care-------You can refer to most of their immediate family and friends as voters ;) possibly pissed off ones!!!!!!!!
The world is mine!!!!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 07:05:08 AM »
I would have thought this to be a ***whopper of a no brainer.***  How about the parents of pages from all over the country?  I venture to bet they care-------You can refer to most of their immediate family and friends as voters ;) possibly pissed off ones!!!!!!!!

Foley's transgressions show a blatant disregard for the rules in place for Congressional Pages. In order for such a relationship to exist, both parties would have to consentually carry it on.

My brother was a Page, and from what he tells me there is tight supervision of all the Pages. 6-7 adults watching over them constantly.

For such an occurance as this, it's clear Foley acted above the rules. Likewise, the Aide must have been 1.) Scared to say anything to anyone (ridiculous), or 2.) Enjoyed it.

Since he's of legal age, I guess the onus is on him to either tell someone, or not.

Anyone who knew about it should be censured. Not because what transgressed was illegal, but because it's a blatant violation of power.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 01:42:21 PM »
he is obviously gay. 

of course its natural to be attracted to teenage men or women, depending on your preference.  but acting on these impulses shows a complete lack of self control or common sense. 

Valhalla awaits.