Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 343222 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Hey Adonis, Is This Guy On Drugs? MONSTER TRICEPS!
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2006, 01:00:11 PM »
Listen...here's where you need faith as a bodybuilder...with 15-20 pounds of fat and water on top of that shit he'd look like your typical Arnold Classic expo booth bum.  There is a very fine line at the end that you cross that puts you over the edge in terms of your OH SHIT factor.  You gotta keep pushin' but right there at the end the impression is universal.  This is a respectable bodybuilder by most anyone's standards.  Most juicers will recognize this guy as just as hardcore as them, and I think that may be one fundamental factor we're dealing with here in all the hate issues regarding juiced vs. naturals.  Perhaps the naturals are offended by a perception of the juicers' general disregard.            
not really, if i saw either one of those guys in the gym i wouldn't think they were big but they do have good cuts, they're just not very impressive sizewise, sorry but the truth is that they're 170lbs. tops.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2006, 01:01:46 PM »
OK, well that's what we're all waiting for.  Feel free to post all the "science" you find backing up how you're GONNA look in the meantime.  I think YOU are the one blinded by science, my friend.  Science has nothing to do with this shit.  NOTHING.        

You are an idiot if you think that.

Science is the ONLY thing that governs our bodies.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2006, 01:05:32 PM »
not really, if i saw either one of those guys in the gym i wouldn't think they were big but they do have good cuts, they're just not very impressive sizewise, sorry but the truth is that they're 170lbs. tops.

What is the significance of bodyweight here?  What does bodyweight equate with to you in terms of competitive advantage on a stage, in a ring, in life, in any competitive arena?  Are you your bodyweight? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2006, 01:07:15 PM »
The show was the 2006 Team Universe, which was on July 14th and 15th (pictures below are from prejudging).  
My prep before the show was fairly simple.  I put together a diet and gradually reduced calories every week.  My basic diet stayed the same, but calories were gradually reduced.  I drank a lot of water throughout, and manipulated sodium/potassium/water a few days before the show.  Here's another description: http://graphicmuscle.com/vbp/forums/showthread.php?t=465

As for the Adonis principles, here's how I see it.  
A) TA is just messing around with everybody and enjoying the fact that people really think he is serious.  He's probably enjoys arguing with you guys.
Or
B)  TA is serious.  If so, to each his own.  I dont think there's anything wrong with him believing in his principles.  In fact, regardless of whether they work or not, it is comforting to believe you know what you're doing.  I would say its better that he does something wrong which he truly believes in, rather than doing something thats right but he thinks is wrong (at least that way he is happy).  Even worse, he does nothing.  Hey, at least he seems proud of his accomplishments (nothing wrong with that).  

Is it A or B?  It doesnt really matter to me.  Either way, I dont mind him posting about his principles.

B.

Except Science is what I am using and my diet is Based SOLELY on Scientific LAWS so there is no failure rate ever.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2006, 01:07:31 PM »
What is the significance of bodyweight here?  What does bodyweight equate with to you in terms of competitive advantage on a stage, in a ring, in life, in any competitive arena?  Are you your bodyweight? 
why are you getting so defensive about these dudes Jeff? i said before that they look awesome but measurement, thickness and sizewise they're nothing special, let's see them maintain the same condition at 240lbs. then i'll be extremely impressed.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2006, 02:03:55 PM »
The show was the 2006 Team Universe, which was on July 14th and 15th (pictures below are from prejudging).  
My prep before the show was fairly simple.  I put together a diet and gradually reduced calories every week.  My basic diet stayed the same, but calories were gradually reduced.  I drank a lot of water throughout, and manipulated sodium/potassium/water a few days before the show.  Here's another description: http://graphicmuscle.com/vbp/forums/showthread.php?t=465

As for the Adonis principles, here's how I see it.  
A) TA is just messing around with everybody and enjoying the fact that people really think he is serious.  He's probably enjoys arguing with you guys.
Or
B)  TA is serious.  If so, to each his own.  I dont think there's anything wrong with him believing in his principles.  In fact, regardless of whether they work or not, it is comforting to believe you know what you're doing.  I would say its better that he does something wrong which he truly believes in, rather than doing something thats right but he thinks is wrong (at least that way he is happy).  Even worse, he does nothing.  Hey, at least he seems proud of his accomplishments (nothing wrong with that).  

Is it A or B?  It doesnt really matter to me.  Either way, I dont mind him posting about his principles.

Spoken like a true champion!  Thanks, jrod.  Awesome.   :) 

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2006, 02:20:37 PM »
B.

Except Science is what I am using and my diet is Based SOLELY on Scientific LAWS so there is no failure rate ever.

Right, science is perfect and has a zero failure rate that is why cancer and cardiovascular disease are such big killers... ::)

w

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2006, 02:22:54 PM »
First off I have to give props to Jrod for his conditioning, bravo.  And I believe he is natural. Very few BB's are able to achieve conditioning like that and it usually requires dieting for a very long amount of time dropping calories very slowly.  Adonis, good luck getting that hard and dry.  I have a friend who I used to compete with that I know is natural.  He is able to achieve a very shredded look close to Jrod.  As shredded as he is he is still at 6% bodyfat measured by 14 pt caliper test. Here are pics of my friend Brad, 100% natural, 5'6" and weighing somewhere in the 160's.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2006, 02:23:24 PM »
Right, science is perfect and has a zero failure rate that is why cancer and cardiovascular disease are such big killers... ::)

Science is never fact.  
Science is all theories, based around the "theories" that describe our world.  

Unfortunately, history has proven science to be incredibly unreliable.....
Y

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2006, 02:29:18 PM »
Jeff,

Do you think it is bad to feel that you are the best?  I know you did at one point and I'm guessing that mania ended.  Probably with a thud or a whimper rather than a bang.  Nevertheless maybe it is possible to maintain a more moderate hypomanic state, I don't think Adonis has gone all the way god body nor he is he necessarily headed in that direction.  He also has shown pretty consistently high levels of self-regard throughout his messageboard tenure.  Even direct contradictions like the loss of Mr. Getbig were unable to unseat his pride.  It is unlikely that you will be able to knock him down a peg either, but lets assume for the sake of argument that you could.  Would it be a good thing?  Would it be better for him to think of himself as a so-so natural?  Would he be as happy, would he contribute as much to the community?  I doubt it.

I don't think it's bad for one to suspect that he or she may have the ability to be the best at whatever he or she has chosen to be provided they are able to demonstrate that ability without having to shame others along the way, and I've shamed many in my time here.  Jrod's amicable response here to Adonis helped me craft that answer, so there you go...consider me humbled once again.  Jrod's what somebody who's doing it right should sound like, if you ask me. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »

LAWS of Science my friend are irrefutable. Scientific Law: This is a statement of fact meant to explain, in concise terms, an action or set of actions. It is generally accepted to be true and univseral, and can sometimes be expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. Scientific laws are similar to mathematical postulates. They don’t really need any complex external proofs; they are accepted at face value based upon the fact that they have always been observed to be true.

Some scientific laws, or laws of nature, include the law of gravity, the law of thermodynamics, and Hook’s law of elasticity.

Physical laws are:

True (a.k.a. valid). By definition, there have never been repeatable contradicting observations.
Universal. They appear to apply everywhere in the universe. (Davies)
Simple. They are typically expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. (Davies)
Absolute. Nothing in the universe appears to affect them. (Davies)
Stable. Unchanged since first discovered (although they may have been shown to be approximations of more accurate laws—see "Laws as approximations" below),
Eternal. they appear unchanged since the beginning of the universe (according to observations). It is thus presumed that they will remain unchanged in the future. (Davies)
Omnipotent. Everything in the universe apparently must comply with them (according to observations). (Davies)
Generally conservative of quantity. (Feynman)
Often expressions of existing homogeneities (symmetries) of space and time. (Feynman)
Typically theoretically reversible in time (if non-quantum), although time itself is irreversible. (Feynman)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2006, 04:00:41 PM »
Science helps us explain and reconcile with the past, but it doesn't help us predict the future.  Not even a little bit, really...I've actually been throwing around the idea lately that maybe the future is, by some inescapable requirement of our mental design, ironic.  That's not to say it's unjust; I just suspect that perhaps all outcomes must also accompany some unexpected element of surprise. 

"If you wanna make God laugh, tell him about your plans."   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2006, 04:06:36 PM »
Rammer,you`re friend looks damned near perfect......great physique!!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2006, 04:09:26 PM »
Rammer,you`re friend looks damned near perfect......great physique!!

Ski, tell Adonis!  If science had any merit you'd have been dead 25 years ago and Massive G wouldn't have moderator status!   ;D

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »
But hey...looking at that guy again, he MIGHT BE on drugs.  I honestly can't say I'm for certain.  I've seen alot of shit now, so I don't know.  But let's take into consideration that this guy IS certainly NOT big by, say, Sarcasm's standards  ;D and we honestly have to wonder if he's on steroids because something about his look is so impressive.  Look at him sitting here in regular clothes, though.  At any rate, there needs to be some more appreciation given to guys who can be sliced like this AND look big in clothes.  It's really not for me to say whether this guy is juiced or not.  Draw your own conclusions.  I'm sure if Adonis doesn't come to look like this he will come to believe that he is on drugs.  He will NEED to hold this belief to maintain his sense of self-worth as long as image is his primary determinant of worth.  There are alot of things that people can use to determine their own self-worth.  It usually happens to be that people judge their own self-worth based on their own perceived most outstanding qualities.  If they find that their abilities aren't as unique as they once suspected in these respective arenas, they usually will move on in an attempt to find something else to be "special" at.                

Just a bunch of skinny dudes with low bodyfat
Don't let em fool ya

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2006, 04:22:53 PM »
copied from the link jrod provided.

5 galls of water? this fucker has to sleep with a hose attached to his pecker avoid the 10 pee trips

"Jeff Rodriguez, middleweight sensation at the 2006 NPC Team Universe discusses his water intake with Ruth Silverman. Check out the video http://www.graphicmuscle.com

WATER INTAKE
Here was my strategy for my daily water intake leading up to the team universe. I made drinking large amounts of water easier by adding Crystal Light to my water.

8 Weeks out – 3 weeks out: at least 3 gallons of water per day
2 Weeks out -8 days out: at least 3.5 gallons of water per day
7 days out – 3 days out: at least 5 gallons of water per day
2 days out: 2.5 gallons of water
1 day out: 1-1.25 gallons of water
Show days: 1 gallon of water
(Since the show was at night I had about 50 ounces before prejudging and 80 ounces after)"
Here comes the money shot

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2006, 04:23:51 PM »
I would have never been allowed to live at all !!  :)

It`s alive...............it`s alive!!!  LOL   ;D

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2006, 04:30:05 PM »
LAWS of Science my friend are irrefutable. Scientific Law: This is a statement of fact meant to explain, in concise terms, an action or set of actions. It is generally accepted to be true and univseral, and can sometimes be expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. Scientific laws are similar to mathematical postulates. They don’t really need any complex external proofs; they are accepted at face value based upon the fact that they have always been observed to be true.

Some scientific laws, or laws of nature, include the law of gravity, the law of thermodynamics, and Hook’s law of elasticity.

Physical laws are:

True (a.k.a. valid). By definition, there have never been repeatable contradicting observations.
Universal. They appear to apply everywhere in the universe. (Davies)
Simple. They are typically expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. (Davies)
Absolute. Nothing in the universe appears to affect them. (Davies)
Stable. Unchanged since first discovered (although they may have been shown to be approximations of more accurate laws—see "Laws as approximations" below),
Eternal. they appear unchanged since the beginning of the universe (according to observations). It is thus presumed that they will remain unchanged in the future. (Davies)
Omnipotent. Everything in the universe apparently must comply with them (according to observations). (Davies)
Generally conservative of quantity. (Feynman)
Often expressions of existing homogeneities (symmetries) of space and time. (Feynman)
Typically theoretically reversible in time (if non-quantum), although time itself is irreversible. (Feynman)

What about string theory?  Black matter?
Things which cannot be explained by our understanding of physics? 

Scientific laws are constantly in debate, and in constant change. 
What is FACT now, was not FACT 1,000 years ago, and much of what is FACT now, wasn't FACT 50 years ago. 
Science is never FACT, and that is the only fact of science. 

Science is based on truths founded on theories. 
One minor f' up in a basic theory such as the "theory of relativity" and all hell breaks loose. 

Y

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2006, 08:04:25 PM »
good pictures.  Makes me want to get back to dieting sooner than later.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2006, 08:12:46 PM »
Science helps us explain and reconcile with the past, but it doesn't help us predict the future.  Not even a little bit, really...I've actually been throwing around the idea lately that maybe the future is, by some inescapable requirement of our mental design, ironic.  That's not to say it's unjust; I just suspect that perhaps all outcomes must also accompany some unexpected element of surprise. 

"If you wanna make God laugh, tell him about your plans."   ;D

Alternate responses

RESPONSE A:
you are a mysterion.  Worshiping before that which confuses you, because it confuses you.

You are also a hypocrite.  You trust science to predict your future as much as you trust your eyes to see and ears to hear.  Otherwise you would never take a plane to 20,000 feet above sea level or to drive a car 90 mph 50 feet behind another car (yes I know how people frive in LA).

RESPONSE B:
You are an empiricist if so you are merely saying that sceince maybe illusory just as everything else may be.  This is not much of an argument.

EITHER way it's silly to decry science through a communication medium created by it.  Unless you think "the internet is a series of tubes" trafficed by magic elves.

Oh Legendary Kings Unite, for your Epic Olympian Gods call on you to set off on Epic Epics.

yangmian

• Getbig II
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2006, 09:27:01 PM »
My next pictures that I post of my physique will be that lean and leaner.

Very impressive!
r u planning on maintaining that level of leaness longterm.what about when u go back 2 gaining muscle do u think u will have 2 gain a little bodyfat

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »
r u planning on maintaining that level of leaness longterm.what about when u go back 2 gaining muscle do u think u will have 2 gain a little bodyfat

I am gaining muscle and strength and losing fat simultaneously.

Muscle is a function of pressure to adapt to environment and the amount of fat one carries is determined by the presence of fuel surplus.  The two things are not directly related.  Lift harder and heavier and eat less.  Nothing could be simpler.

yangmian

• Getbig II
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2006, 09:59:37 PM »
I am gaining muscle and strength and losing fat simultaneously.

Muscle is a function of pressure to adapt to environment and the amount of fat one carries is determined by the presence of fuel surplus.  The two things are not directly related.  Lift harder and heavier and eat less.  Nothing could be simpler.
but what about the calorie surpless u need 2 gain muscular weight,unless u get it spot on a little body fat seems inevitable at least 4 the majority of people

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2006, 10:23:42 PM »
but what about the calorie surpless u need 2 gain muscular weight,unless u get it spot on a little body fat seems inevitable at least 4 the majority of people

Nope...you will synethesize muscle preferentially over other forms of tissue if your body demands it.  If you stimulate your body with the proper exercise it will demand muscle.  We are built to adapt.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2006, 10:09:32 PM »
that injection spot above his tricep proves he's natural.

good eye everyone should look at that first pic again obvious swelling
A