Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 177231 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #650 on: December 31, 2022, 06:21:07 AM »
What does it matter if someone knits a sweater between sets you are between sets do whatever the fuck you want
Pansy Of Peace

We would have thrown you out of our gym back in  the day.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #651 on: December 31, 2022, 06:28:31 AM »
Pansy Of Peace

We would have thrown you out of our gym back in  the day.

At your age you really shouldn’t be throwing anything

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #652 on: December 31, 2022, 06:34:15 AM »
At your age you really shouldn’t be throwing anything
I have missed a lot of training but I was getting into  great condition.

Can you incline the 85 pounders or do 12 reps on  flyes with the 65 pounders?

I doubt it and if you did I bet they`d be partial reps just like your so called paralell squats.

I have used much more and still could but I have learned over time, and especially at my age that it`s not necessary.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #653 on: December 31, 2022, 06:39:30 AM »
If it was effective you would be able to post a pic showing it to be effective yet you haven’t in 2 years. Newsflash if I did 1/4 of the nonsense you guys post I would be 0 percent body fat so why aren’t you and Sc shredded to the bone after a week ? Inferior genetics? Hell I just do some light snowboarding with the kids and I have visibly leaned out after 3 days. How the fuck can you workout hours a day and not be in contest condition? Either your workouts are ineffective or you have shit genetics take your pic

My results are my performance.  Want me to take a pic of my log book?

Newsflash you broken down wrecked piece of shit....being a super low body fat isn't conducive to what I do.  Why is that so incredibly difficult for you to comprehend???

Why do I have to be in contest condition?

Again, prove to me my workouts are not effective for what I want to do?

I will AGAIN wait as you look through all of those research articles you profess to read.  Impress us all with your knowledge.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #654 on: December 31, 2022, 06:45:59 AM »
What drugs I have taken 400mg of test in the last month and last I checked test doesn’t make anyone lean. I am lean from a lifetime of being active

Seems in your reading of ALL research articles, you missed these:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15733735/

https://journals.lww.com/cardiovascularendocrinology/Fulltext/2015/09000/Effects_of_testosterone_replacement_on_glucose_and.5.aspx

Testosterone supplementation in men has shown an increase in lipolysis and decrease in lipoprotein lipase activity and triglyceride turnover in abdominal fat, with no effect on femoral fat metabolism.

https://www.nature.com/articles/0801280/

Testosterone (T) and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) are fat-reducing hormones, even though they exert this effect by different mechanisms. In particular, T inhibits lipid uptake and lipoprotein-lipase (LDL) activity in adipocytes, and stimulates lipolysis by increasing the number of lipolytic β-adrenergic receptors.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #655 on: December 31, 2022, 06:59:25 AM »
My results are my performance.  Want me to take a pic of my log book?

Newsflash you broken down wrecked piece of shit....being a super low body fat isn't conducive to what I do.  Why is that so incredibly difficult for you to comprehend???

Why do I have to be in contest condition?

Again, prove to me my workouts are not effective for what I want to do?

I will AGAIN wait as you look through all of those research articles you profess to read.  Impress us all with your knowledge.

Performance is a good indicator of results. But let’s see an official competition lift. I am going to set a world record for my age group in my next meet. You guys can talk all the nonsense you want but I will have a world record in a matter of months. 160lbs is the record and I am going to crush it. What performance world records are you going to set this year?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #656 on: December 31, 2022, 07:01:17 AM »
Performance is a good indicator of results. But let’s see an official competition lift. I am going to set a world record for my age group in my next meet. You guys can talk all the nonsense you want but I will have a world record in a matter of months. 160lbs is the record and I am going to crush it. What performance world records are you going to set this year?
I think thats the qualifying lift

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #657 on: December 31, 2022, 07:02:25 AM »
I think thats the qualifying lift

Nope that is the record for my age group granted the Open record is what is going to win the Arnold and I am nowhere near that yet but I am at the record for my age group right now so yeah I will take that next meet

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #658 on: December 31, 2022, 07:03:50 AM »
I am going to set a world record for my age group in my next meet.
You were gonna` squat 405 for reps too....look how that  panned out.  ;D

It`s great to be confident but you setting a new world record just ain`t gonna` happen in this lifetime.  LOL  ;D

Other guys are training for it also and they`re not watching TV while training or posting on a message board during their workout.....you can bet on that.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #659 on: December 31, 2022, 07:05:16 AM »
You were gonna` squat 405 for reps too/.....look how that  panned out.  ;D

It`s ghgreat to be confident but serring a nrew world  record ain

It’s only 3.5lbs heavier than what I did in my first meet on my 3rd lift and I had more in me.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #660 on: December 31, 2022, 07:05:25 AM »
Nope that is the record for my age group

Dont you think its odd that the weight get progressively less year on year?

Maybe someone very strong at 60 could lift 170?

Im prety sure thats the weight you need to have lifted to qualify for the meet, otherwise there could be 300 competitors onstage.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #661 on: December 31, 2022, 07:09:01 AM »
It’s only 3.5lbs heavier than what I did in my first meet on my 3rd lift and I had more in me.
If you had more in you ,you would have done more.

I get wanting to establish yourself on your first attempt, but after that you should have pulled out all the stops.

Don`t forget,I used to powerlift in the AAU and I know a bit more than you do even with your extensive reading......experience teaches more than reading some fucking study by a guy who never trained a day in his life.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: December 31, 2022, 07:09:10 AM »

Dont you think its odd that the weight get progressively less year on year?

Maybe someone very strong at 60 could lift 170?

Im prety sure thats the weight you need to have lifted to qualify for the meet, otherwise there could be 300 competitors onstage.

It is still 170lbs to qualify for the Arnold because they don’t take age into consideration. But they do for records and for my age group and weight class that is the world record. I will absolutely go for it my next meet.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #663 on: December 31, 2022, 07:10:43 AM »
It is still 170lbs to qualify for the Arnold because they don’t take age into consideration. But they do for records and for my age group and weight class that is the world record. I will absolutely go for it my next meet.

is it "strict Curl nation" world record?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #664 on: December 31, 2022, 07:12:05 AM »
If you had more in you ,you would have done more.

I get wanting to establish yourself on your first attempt, but after that you should have pulled out all the stops.

Don`t forget,I used to powerlift in the AAU and I know a bit more than you do even with your extensive reading......experience teaches more than reading some fucking study by a guy who never trained a day in his life.

No they only give you 3 lifts I made my 3rd lift at 156.5lbs you don’t get to then try a 4th for more but it was my first meet now I know to open heavier and go heavier I think I could have hit 161lbs that day if given the opportunity I will go for it on my 3rd lift next time out

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: December 31, 2022, 07:13:28 AM »
is it "strict Curl nation" world record?

They are the largest strict curl federation they have the highest records but regardless it’s a powerlifting world record I am going to set and y’all are going to be mad as hell when I do so start trying to discredit it now because it’s going to happen and none of the shit any of you talk is going to stop it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #666 on: December 31, 2022, 07:15:32 AM »
No they only give you 3 lifts I made my 3rd lift at 156.5lbs you don’t get to then try a 4th for more but it was my first meet now I know to open heavier and go heavier I think I could have hit 161lbs that day if given the opportunity I will go for it on my 3rd lift next time out
I know the amount of attempts you get,I just  told you I was a REAL powerlifter.

It still changes nothing that  I wrote in my post.

You should have gotten your nuts out of the sand and went for the gusto even if it was your first lift.....you were afraid to fail......it`s called a contest remember?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #667 on: December 31, 2022, 07:16:38 AM »
They are the largest strict curl federation they have the highest records but regardless it’s a powerlifting world record I am going to set and y’all are going to be mad as hell when I do so start trying to discredit it now because it’s going to happen and none of the shit any of you talk is going to stop it
The largest Mickey Mouse Organization that some guy made up because he found out he was pretty good at curling.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #668 on: December 31, 2022, 07:19:11 AM »

I have the world record for the most bodybuilding trophies won by people in my street

Being a world record holder in something that about 600 people in the world actually do isnt all that great

Oh, and get back in your own thread and stop ruining this one.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #669 on: December 31, 2022, 07:21:23 AM »
I know the amount of attempts you get,I just  told you I was a REAL powerlifter.

It still changes nothing that  I wrote in my post.

You should have gotten your nuts out of the sand and went for the gusto even if it was your first lift.....you were afraid to fail......it`s called a contest remember?

Yeah I didn’t set the world record my first meet that’s ok I will in my second

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #670 on: December 31, 2022, 07:22:17 AM »
The largest Mickey Mouse Organization that some guy made up because he found out he was pretty good at curling.

Do you have a world record in any organization for anything?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #671 on: December 31, 2022, 07:23:15 AM »
I have the world record for the most bodybuilding trophies won by people in my street

Being a world record holder in something that about 600 people in the world actually do isnt all that great

Oh, and get back in your own thread and stop ruining this one.

And what organization recognizes that record? Like I said y’all going to be real mad. And you assholes ruined my thread I started about training you want to argue about everything but training. So keep telling yourself jumping jacks and leg raises is hardcore training I am going for powerlifting world records

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #672 on: December 31, 2022, 07:23:26 AM »
Yeah I didn’t set the world record my first meet that’s ok I will in my second
OK Nostradamus!   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: December 31, 2022, 07:25:38 AM »
And what organization recognizes that record? Like I said y’all going to be real mad
Why would we be mad?

We wouldn`t be happy for you and give you props though because anytime anyone here has won anything,all you did was put them down.....sounds to me like you were the one who was mad.  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #674 on: December 31, 2022, 07:26:16 AM »
Do you have a world record in any organization for anything?
Do you ???