Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97312 times)

chris10000

• Getbig III
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #250 on: October 23, 2010, 02:23:11 AM »
But basically what everyone is saying is unless you are a beauty queen naturally we are shit out of luck.   sounds to me like most aren't even going to give a female bodybuilder the opportunity to change her physique.   most are looking at our pictures and judging on what we have brought to the stage because that is what the judges wanted. most have only seens us completely dieted down, to lean, sucked up face.  how do they know what we will look like if we do downsize, keep a softer look,  don't get so hard looking, have a softer face.  some of us may not be beauty queens but some of us fbb are cute when we are a bit softer.    My question Chick are we even going to be givin a CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as in every beautycontest , that doesnt have clear written guidelines it will help a lot with your placings to have sex with the judges

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #251 on: October 23, 2010, 08:25:26 AM »
as in every beautycontest , that doesnt have clear written guidelines it will help a lot with your placings to have sex with the judges

Yeah, yeah - sounds like a typical complain of a jilted boyfriend whose girl did not place well at a contest.  How about being in shape for your division.  Each division has its own criteria.   At the NPC Nationals, after the contest, one competitor waited to hear why she didn't place well, and when told the truth, started tearing up.  Asking advice is hard, especially if you get the real answer and not the one that that you want to hear.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 23, 2010, 08:29:04 AM »
Yeah, yeah - sounds like a typical complain of a jilted boyfriend whose girl did not place well at a contest.  How about being in shape for your division.  Each division has its own criteria.   At the NPC Nationals, after the contest, one competitor waited to hear why she didn't place well, and when told the truth, started tearing up.  Asking advice is hard, especially if you get the real answer and not the one that that you want to hear.

::) ::)

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
Re: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011
« Reply #253 on: October 23, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
I agree with all you have said Ron,  thanks for listening to my rant.  :) ;D

Sounds like a good name, but Women's Physique is the one that was chosen.

Claire, the pics you have that are not completely too muscular look good, and of course, you have a chance. I remember that type of physique in early 90's, and also that type of physique is more prelavant in local contests. I like those pics better, and so do many who think that symmetry and overall physique matters more in women's bb than muscularity.   

Yes it does suck, because when some female bb are so muscular, with the voice change, and facial changes with the sucked up look, mainstream people tend to view it negatively.  But like you, many female bb competitors like the idea of a more classic physique and welcome the change to look 'less' muscular. 
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2010, 10:26:09 AM »

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: October 23, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »
I agree with all you have said Ron,  thanks for listening to my rant.  :) ;D

Claire ,how often do you shave your face?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #256 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:39 AM »
Where is Women's Bodybuilding going ?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #257 on: October 23, 2010, 10:52:55 AM »

::)

what a bunch of BS!!!

sonia gonzales wins bikini with arms harder than any figure girl.  yeah...softness  ::)

ops... she's in those siren JMM comics or whatever?  who is she signed with... JMM?

how in the world a PURE, never had anything to do with a figure show, bikini girl didnt win the 1ST EVER BIKINI OLYMPIA?

Nate Melo - the front runner coming into the O but her ass, which gives her uniqueness,  all of a sudden becomes a problem at the O.  ::)

Amando Latona - her placing was a joke.  did she turn down an offer from JMM... given her connection to JC
Chavez...

i leave adela out since she is fitness and hasnt beat tanji in 2 yrs in the fitness round.  ::)

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2010, 11:22:14 AM »
I know... it was you who announced that it was dead... then jm saw the reaction he went back
and posted:

1) Fitness will be scored 2/3 Routine, 1/3 Physique.

Clearly not the case or Adela would not have beaten Tanji at the Olympia.

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2010, 11:30:30 AM »
Claire ,how often do you shave your face?

Well Che since I am not marketable,   and don't make any money from this sport, I obviously can't afford razors,  so I guess the answer would be never.     So damn why don't I have a super ass long ass beard.
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: October 24, 2010, 08:17:32 AM »
Well Che since I am not marketable,   and don't make any money from this sport, I obviously can't afford razors,  so I guess the answer would be never.     So damn why don't I have a super ass long ass beard.

Mainstream is brutal on women's bodybuilding, unfortunately. But with Women's Physique, I think it is going to do quite nicely. Wouldn't it be great to focus on overall physique instead of just worrying how big muscles are going to be.  The girls I have talked to like this move on less muscularity.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2010, 08:32:34 AM »

A depilatory is quite common for cases such as this.  Perhaps a more permanent treatment such as laser hair removal?  By the way, given those photographs of you posted here, why in the name of the Buddha do you want to look like a man?

Outwardly, your body is no longer remotely reminiscent to that of a woman, to say otherwise is to fool no one.  You are doing your best to remove every vestige of femininity from your body.  Outside of dykes, schomes and others of such ilk, no one thinks it is attractive, much less healthy.  But you already know that, don't you?

There is nothing wrong in being fit, but being fit to be tied?  Yuck!  By the way, that term is derived from days gone by with nothing to do with perversity's such as bondage.  Instead it refers to the fact that people in a state of bedlam were often bound (i.e., tied) to prevent them from harming themselves or others.

I despise what has happened to bodybuilding. 

cyp200la

• Getbig III
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2010, 08:38:09 AM »
all bodybuilding male and female is a fucking joke...

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2010, 08:39:10 AM »
Mainstream is brutal on women's bodybuilding, unfortunately. But with Women's Physique, I think it is going to do quite nicely. Wouldn't it be great to focus on overall physique instead of just worrying how big muscles are going to be.  The girls I have talked to like this move on less muscularity.

To be succinct, the real world, i.e., outside the weirdness that is the current state of bodybuilding is brutally honest with regard to the physiques present by both male and "female" bodybuilders.  Why?  They are disgusting.

Now then, I doubt that few from the real world are going to attend a "Women's Physique" competition.  It will be primarily viewed by fellow enthusiasts and perhaps family and friends and there is nothing wrong with that.  But why this is so often the case?  Like male bodybuilding comparisons (note, not "competitions") it is not a sport.  It is, for the greater part, boring.  It has always been this way, even when the physiques being presented were real.  That is a truth that some may well have difficulty accepting, but it is what it is.  The truth.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
To clarify a point....people keep asking me about these "declining numbers"....here is a recent example:

Jon Lindsay (NPC Promoter) has a show tomorrow

NPC/ IFBB PRO Figure

160+ in the show

100 are NPC Bikini and Figure

2 are FBB
I assume these numbers are correct and have no doubt that they are.
If that is the case, then the show ( by the numbers) is mostly NON bodybuilding events on stage, right?
THAT is my point exactly BOB. I don't want to attend and event that is mostly NON bodybuilding. I would rather move on to something else myself.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
By Bob Chicks own numbers...
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2010, 09:52:49 AM »
In a recent thread on the controversy over the ending of WBB, Bob Chick posted some entry numbers to make his point. In a recent NPC show they had 160+ entered in the show , at least 100 were female figure and bikini, while only two(2) were female bodybuilders.

By useing Bob's own numbers it is obvious that this NPC contest was mostly NON bodybuilders featured on stage ( bikini/figure).  The NPC/IFBB has become a swimsuit contest with some male BODYBUILDING included.   Once again, the numbers show the even male BB is a much smaller % of those in any contest. With the dropping of FBB and addition of WPD and MPD *(in board shorts), the % of NON bodybuilding will increase even more. I am not going to support an organization that isn't majority bodybuilding. I have no problem with some small % of bikini or figure girls or even male fitness models, on stage in shows.

BUT, when I join or attend a bodybuilding organization , I want it to feature mostly bodybuilding.

kevinf

• Getbig III
Re: By Bob Chicks own numbers...
« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2010, 10:45:09 AM »
you really cant blame them(NPC/IFBB) for their move tho Howard. Its a business, so their bottomline is increase profit. By adding more male competitors(mens figure), they will increase their revenue greatly from more competitor. and the audience attending will also increase, as more schmoes will be drawed to see more dudes dancing around. its a fact that the large majority of males who attend these shows are homosexual, so im sure they dont mind losing a small minority of their audience(like you) in return to increase their dominantly large target audience (homosexual schmoes). All your crying isnt going to change shit dude, so just give it up. The schmoes will always dominatebodybuilding.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »

Howard - as much as i agree with you.... Its all about the money man!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2010, 02:37:05 PM »
Will start out so so and then get freakier... like anything else.
In 10 years Mike O'Hearn will represent the Bikini class.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »
If that is the case, then the show ( by the numbers) is mostly NON bodybuilding events on stage, right?
THAT is my point exactly BOB. I don't want to attend and event that is mostly NON bodybuilding. I would rather move on to something else myself.

I didn list the numbers for mens BB, howie....

As I said before, no one HAS to sit there and watch everything....you have legs, use them

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #270 on: October 24, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »
you really cant blame them(NPC/IFBB) for their move tho Howard. Its a business, so their bottomline is increase profit. By adding more male competitors(mens figure), they will increase their revenue greatly from more competitor. and the audience attending will also increase, as more schmoes will be drawed to see more dudes dancing around.

The increase in competitors will obviously help the NPC, where numbers equal cash.  I don't think there will be any attendance increase at the pro level.  The look of men's BB hasn't changed and women's events/male figure aren't going to draw an audience.  

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #271 on: October 24, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »

To play devil's advocate Howard, the problem isn't necessarily the  new divisions.  The problem is the old divisions did not take care of business and screwed most of the competitors.

These new divisions are coming into play because the old ones went to the  point of no return.

Women's Bodybuilding led to Fitness...the overemphasis of gymnastics and not enough objective criteria led to figure....Figure got carried away and now you have bikini.

Same with the men.  GH guts, too many unattractive, and unhealthy physiques have now led to men's physique or whatever you want to call it.

To see where it all went wrong...listen to Lee Haney's interview.  I DOUBT many of the competitors pay attention to detail like that anymore, and the consequence is the replacement of BB'ng with these things designed to be more appealing.

I don't know if it will work though.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »
http://www.hardbody.com/news/2010/10/27/ifbb-womens-bodybuilding-rep-moving-in-the-right-direction-with-a-positive-message/

Thanks to Isaac Hinds and our sister site, Hardbody.com, for posting this statement...

IFBB Women’s Bodybuilding Represenatative, Betty Pariso issued a statement today, regarding the Women’s Physique Division. The details of the new division are still be ironed out but the interwebs have been all a buzz about the new division. It’s said to be for women who aren’t muscular enough to be competitive in bodybuilding but too muscular for figure. The division is still be explored and official word from the NPC/IFBB has yet to be released.

Betty recently retired from competitive bodybuilding but she is very active in promoting shows with her husband Ed. Betty shared, “First let me say that Ed & I have added a 2nd Pro Women’s Contest to our Event Schedule in 2011. We will be bringing FIBO / Europa to the USA and we have included Pro Women Bodybuilding to the line-up of events. It will be held in Chicago – September 30, 2 weeks after the 2011 Olympia.”

Betty had this to share today…

MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WITH A POSITIVE MESSAGE

TIME LINE:

April 2007: In 2007 I had created a overall program called Women’s Physique Division , and presented it to the IFBB Committee, and at that time it was rejected. I felt at the time, and still do that there is a big niche that we are missing…women that want to train and build some muscle.  Currently, we are missing a huge market, somewhere between the current level of Women’s Bodybuilding and Figure. Women that want muscle, just not to the excess…that is what I keep hearing from so many Women that they want. The progression of Women’s Bodybuilding over the years may have discouraged many from competition in our sport.

April 2010: I made the decision one month after the Arnold to retire from Women’s Bodybuilding. I was not tired of Women’s Bodybuilding, Competing or Training, but had decided I would not do what it takes to compete at that level of muscularity. Ed knew competing for me was so much of who I am…so we looked around and the only thing left out there for me was Figure. Although Figure is smaller than I wanted to be, I was excited with this new challenge, and it became a fun new goal for me that kept me motivated to change my body. I dropped 30 pounds in 3 months and of course loved the clothes I could fit into !

August 2010: Bob (Bob Chicherillo, the IFBB Pro Athlete’s Rep) contacts me and ask me to join and support a somewhat similar proposal that he too named “Women’s Physique Division”. I was happy to be involved and will lend my support and hopefully be able to give some ideas and direction. At this time the exact criteria is not known. You have heard directly from Steve Weinberger that Women’s Bodybuilding is not going anywhere.

MY THOUGHTS:  As a woman…I do feel in my heart it is the right direction and message regardless. I am always about being inclusive. I know some of you will not fit into this new category, but as it currently stands, many do not fit in either Figure or Pro Women’s Bodybuilding. So we have left out a huge group of women that will now have somewhere to go.

As I get older, and hopefully wiser I have always been concerned about the message we are sending to the young women coming up in the sport of female bodybuilding. The image that is winning at the highest level is a body image that is causing many women to make very difficult choices or drop out of the sport of Bodybuilding. For a lot of Women, some muscle on a woman is very beautiful…no question, but we are way over on the muscularity end of what many female bodybuilders originally liked about the sport and wanted for themselves.  If this new division proves to be successful in the NPC, then these women will now have the Women’s Physique Division in which to compete.

Women’s Bodybuilding has evolved to the highest level of muscularity, and it has created a huge void between Figure and Women’s Bodybuilding. Hopefully I will have some input in
developing the criteria and this new division lands somewhere in the middle.

Sincerely,
Betty Pariso
IFBB Women’s Bodybuilding Rep
IFBB Promoter

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »
Love you Ron!   :D  :-*

:)

tonie thompson

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:45 PM »
http://www.hardbody.com/news/2010/10/27/ifbb-womens-bodybuilding-rep-moving-in-the-right-direction-with-a-positive-message/

Thanks to Isaac Hinds and our sister site, Hardbody.com, for posting this statement...

IFBB Women’s Bodybuilding Represenatative, Betty Pariso issued a statement today, regarding the Women’s Physique Division. The details of the new division are still be ironed out but the interwebs have been all a buzz about the new division. It’s said to be for women who aren’t muscular enough to be competitive in bodybuilding but too muscular for figure. The division is still be explored and official word from the NPC/IFBB has yet to be released.

Betty recently retired from competitive bodybuilding but she is very active in promoting shows with her husband Ed. Betty shared, “First let me say that Ed & I have added a 2nd Pro Women’s Contest to our Event Schedule in 2011. We will be bringing FIBO / Europa to the USA and we have included Pro Women Bodybuilding to the line-up of events. It will be held in Chicago – September 30, 2 weeks after the 2011 Olympia.”

Betty had this to share today…

MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WITH A POSITIVE MESSAGE

TIME LINE:

April 2007: In 2007 I had created a overall program called Women’s Physique Division , and presented it to the IFBB Committee, and at that time it was rejected. I felt at the time, and still do that there is a big niche that we are missing…women that want to train and build some muscle.  Currently, we are missing a huge market, somewhere between the current level of Women’s Bodybuilding and Figure. Women that want muscle, just not to the excess…that is what I keep hearing from so many Women that they want. The progression of Women’s Bodybuilding over the years may have discouraged many from competition in our sport.

April 2010: I made the decision one month after the Arnold to retire from Women’s Bodybuilding. I was not tired of Women’s Bodybuilding, Competing or Training, but had decided I would not do what it takes to compete at that level of muscularity. Ed knew competing for me was so much of who I am…so we looked around and the only thing left out there for me was Figure. Although Figure is smaller than I wanted to be, I was excited with this new challenge, and it became a fun new goal for me that kept me motivated to change my body. I dropped 30 pounds in 3 months and of course loved the clothes I could fit into !

August 2010: Bob (Bob Chicherillo, the IFBB Pro Athlete’s Rep) contacts me and ask me to join and support a somewhat similar proposal that he too named “Women’s Physique Division”. I was happy to be involved and will lend my support and hopefully be able to give some ideas and direction. At this time the exact criteria is not known. You have heard directly from Steve Weinberger that Women’s Bodybuilding is not going anywhere.

MY THOUGHTS:  As a woman…I do feel in my heart it is the right direction and message regardless. I am always about being inclusive. I know some of you will not fit into this new category, but as it currently stands, many do not fit in either Figure or Pro Women’s Bodybuilding. So we have left out a huge group of women that will now have somewhere to go.

As I get older, and hopefully wiser I have always been concerned about the message we are sending to the young women coming up in the sport of female bodybuilding. The image that is winning at the highest level is a body image that is causing many women to make very difficult choices or drop out of the sport of Bodybuilding. For a lot of Women, some muscle on a woman is very beautiful…no question, but we are way over on the muscularity end of what many female bodybuilders originally liked about the sport and wanted for themselves.  If this new division proves to be successful in the NPC, then these women will now have the Women’s Physique Division in which to compete.

Women’s Bodybuilding has evolved to the highest level of muscularity, and it has created a huge void between Figure and Women’s Bodybuilding. Hopefully I will have some input in
developing the criteria and this new division lands somewhere in the middle.

Sincerely,
Betty Pariso
IFBB Women’s Bodybuilding Rep
IFBB Promoter

Hopefully the same competitors do not keep placing in the same spots...

Also I watched the youtube interviews...hmmmm...the re were other competitors that followed the 20 percent less rule but were continually over looked...sad but true.  The only reason they stopped competing was because they were over looked time and time again.  Now it is time for the judges to actually do and say enough is enough.  I stayed in this sport even when I couldn't even get a second glance because of my size.  I never boo-hooed about it, because if the women are not doing this sport for themselves then they should not be doing it and if they are not staying true to themselves, they should not be doing it. Let's face it, there are no real benefits in being a pro, no health care or retirement package or even a salary as a competitor so do it for yourself first and then for your fans and say to hell with all the rest of the BS because we have all put ourselves out there to be judged.