Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97480 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #225 on: October 22, 2010, 07:41:29 AM »
7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
23rd Arnold Classic and Bikini International Finals
Arnold Strongman Classic Finals
AUDITORIUM
RESERVED SEATING $50 and $100

Great, the Arnold has caved as well.  The women are no longer anything but window dressing for men's bodybuilding.   

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2010, 07:47:03 AM »
Ballroom Dancing Competition at 9am?  Way too early.....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2010, 07:47:48 AM »
Great, the Arnold has caved as well.  The women are no longer anything but window dressing for men's bodybuilding.   

What is all this "caved" and "sold out" talk..?  It's called progressing and moving with the times, especially from a business perspective....much like I said to Howie...no one duct tapes you into the seat and forces you to sit through the whole show...GET UP, MOVE AROUND..enjoy the experience.

The women have their place, and their fans...and they are a welcomed part of the BB sport...

BB has expanded, evolved and has increased it's money flow many times over due to expanding the brand....this has allowed for prize money to go up, more opportunities to be created and ultimately, more athletes able to make a living from something that was never intended to be a full time position...

Take a breath and enjoy, bro!  10,000 chicks in bikini's isnt all that bad...trust me  ;)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »
The sport Betty entered, and the sport it has become are two different worlds.  While she makes no excuses, and is proud of her accomplishments, she has seen things from many different perspectives over the years, one as a competing BB, one a contest prom oter, another as a representative of FBB...it's what FBB had devolved into that she hates, and is willing to take a stand.  She is not alone, as you ASSUME that all FBB are on board with the status quo, I can assure you as someone who talks and interacts with hundreds of them from all over, this isnt the case....

Many of them absolutely hate doing what they feel they have to do in order to compete, and find themselves in a no win senario....you would be surpised at the numbers who are on board, support the movement, and cant wait to gt off the gear, keep the femininity, and be able to enjoy training/ competing again...all the while, opening up a whole new world of potential sponsorships, magazine coverage, business, acceptance, etc...

For me Bob on a personal level it has more to do with a reduction in bodybuilding and increase in NON bodybuilding events at an IFBB/NPC event now . I don't have any probelms with bikini girls or figure, etc. They could have a female FARTING divsion for all I care.

I go to a bodybuilding event to see mostly bodybuilding. If they throw in a few extra things, fine, so long as the majority of the show is BODYBUILING. Plus, I have no faith in David Pecker or AMI to do the right thing for the sport of bodybuilding to be blunt about it.

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011
« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2010, 11:52:08 AM »
Bob - what is pickle ball?

BTW, I spoke to a former FBB (retired pro), this new division raised her interest more than than a glass of the best chardonnay from Sonoma did...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: October 22, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »
For me Bob on a personal level it has more to do with a reduction in bodybuilding and increase in NON bodybuilding events at an IFBB/NPC event now . I don't have any probelms with bikini girls or figure, etc. They could have a female FARTING divsion for all I care.
I go to a bodybuilding event to see mostly bodybuilding. If they throw in a few extra things, fine, so long as the majority of the show is BODYBUILING.
Plus, I have no faith in David Pecker or AMI to do the right thing for the sport of bodybuilding to be blunt about it.

Gotta be honest, Howie...David Pecker and AMI purchased and run the publications, not the NPC or IFBB...they dont have anything to do with rules, regulations, or any other means or ways about the sport itself...

If you doint like what the magazines have become/ are...then thats an issue directly related to Pecker/ AMI....anything else falls under Jim Manion/ Weider Family

These other events. etc are what help FUND our beloved bodybuilding...we could have been extinct some time ago without changing with the times and being open to expanding the brand...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: October 22, 2010, 12:10:15 PM »
Bob - what is pickle ball

??

BTW, I spoke to a former FBB (retired pro), this new division raised her interest more than than a glass of the best chardonnay from Sonoma did...

Allright...as it has many. Lots of women have retired as a result of not liking where the sport has gone and the look it lends to...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #232 on: October 22, 2010, 12:33:14 PM »
Gotta be honest, Howie...David Pecker and AMI purchased and run the publications, not the NPC or IFBB...they dont have anything to do with rules, regulations, or any other means or ways about the sport itself...

If you doint like what the magazines have become/ are...then thats an issue directly related to Pecker/ AMI....anything else falls under Jim Manion/ Weider Family

These other events. etc are what help FUND our beloved bodybuilding...we could have been extinct some time ago without changing with the times and being open to expanding the brand...

Extinct?  Maybe the women's side.  Men's BB has been tripping all over itself for 20 years and they're still drawing a good crowd at the large shows.  It's not because the brand expanded, it's because of the diehards who faithfully attend all these shows.  You have to be fan friendly to the group who is the meat and potatoes of the audience.  Figure or bikini is a nice side show, but it shouldn't be the majority of a BODYBUILDING show.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: October 22, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »
Extinct?  Maybe the women's side.  Men's BB has been tripping all over itself for 20 years and they're still drawing a good crowd at the large shows.  It's not because the brand expanded, it's because of the diehards who faithfully attend all these shows.  You have to be fan friendly to the group who is the meat and potatoes of the audience.  Figure or bikini is a nice side show, but it shouldn't be the majority of a BODYBUILDING show.

Please bro...I've been to more shws than just about anybody...many of these shows would be dead in the water, from the NPC to the IFBB circuit shows.  Yes, the biggest shows would survive, but they're exceptions...

The fans have MUCH more to go and see than in years past, complete with supplement companies giving out free samples, lots of industry info, entertainment, etc...It's still BB, just with a whole lot of other stuff for the many people that attend...

Like I said, we support what we want to support...no one has a gun at anyones head to sit thre and watch....

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: October 22, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »
2weeks ago I went to a state npc show.   The bikini and figure was first at prejudging and it took 3hrs to get thru 11 classes!!   Now they hadnt even started the mens prejudge......teen, masters, novice classes........gawd, 5 hrs in and the open classes started.  I had freinds in heavyweight and supers so it was 6hrs later to see them!!!!!!!   Everyone waas pissed and starving in the audience.

The girls need their own shows.....

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #235 on: October 22, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
2weeks ago I went to a state npc show.   The bikini and figure was first at prejudging and it took 3hrs to get thru 11 classes!!   Now they hadnt even started the mens prejudge......teen, masters, novice classes........gawd, 5 hrs in and the open classes started.  I had freinds in heavyweight and supers so it was 6hrs later to see them!!!!!!!   Everyone waas pissed and starving in the audience.

The girls need their own shows.....

Amen.  And if they can't have their own shows, at least have definitive starting times for each division throughout the day (written on the ticket), so there is a schedule to follow.  As Bob says, you can attend the portions you're there to support. 

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #236 on: October 22, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »
The sport Betty entered, and the sport it has become are two different worlds.  While she makes no excuses, and is proud of her accomplishments, she has seen things from many different perspectives over the years, one as a competing BB, one a contest prom oter, another as a representative of FBB...it's what FBB had devolved into that she hates, and is willing to take a stand.  She is not alone, as you ASSUME that all FBB are on board with the status quo, I can assure you as someone who talks and interacts with hundreds of them from all over, this isnt the case....

Many of them absolutely hate doing what they feel they have to do in order to compete, and find themselves in a no win senario....you would be surpised at the numbers who are on board, support the movement, and cant wait to gt off the gear, keep the femininity, and be able to enjoy training/ competing again...all the while, opening up a whole new world of potential sponsorships, magazine coverage, business, acceptance, etc...

So Bob(Chick),   as a short(not even five feet) LW bodybuilder that just turned pro, I was really looking foward to competing at the pro level.   If we downsize will this catagorie work for us.    I keep hearing that even if the fbb downsizes the WPD won't  be for us we will still be too big.    I would love not to have that sucked up face look, I love getting lean but would definitly have a fuller face if I didn't get as super shredded as I do.   I would post a pic but don't know if I want feed back from all. 

Claire O'Connell
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »

I like this idea of the new division.  As I have stated in other threads, there are a great deal of female bodybuilding competitors that have complained that they don't want to be all muscular, that symmetry and conditioning should count.  A lot of these competitors, especially in the local NPC area, are already willing the enter this new division.   

A lot of complaints were there for fitness, figure and bikini too.  Yet, they are doing quite well.   

As for myself, I enjoy the mixture at the contests. 

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: October 22, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »
So Bob(Chick),   as a short(not even five feet) LW bodybuilder that just turned pro, I was really looking foward to competing at the pro level.   If we downsize will this catagorie work for us.    I keep hearing that even if the fbb downsizes the WPD won't  be for us we will still be too big.    I would love not to have that sucked up face look, I love getting lean but would definitly have a fuller face if I didn't get as super shredded as I do.   I would post a pic but don't know if I want feed back from all. 

Claire O'Connell
I don't think the WPD is for you Claire ,you look like a dude no offense.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: October 22, 2010, 05:32:28 PM »

Claire O'Connell

No one one can say in a blanket statement,that a GROUP of people will or wont fit in...it's up to the individual to display the physique that will fit into the criteria...lots of room for most women to be able to do it....and yes, the lighter girls ill have the best chance for obvious reasons. 

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #240 on: October 22, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »
I don't think the WPD is for you Claire ,you look like a dude no offense.

wow that is an old picture,  lets at least put up a recent pictures even if I do look like a dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ::) ;D

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #241 on: October 22, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »
No one one can say in a blanket statement,that a GROUP of people will or wont fit in...it's up to the individual to display the physique that will fit into the criteria...lots of room for most women to be able to do it....and yes, the lighter girls ill have the best chance for obvious reasons. 

But basically what everyone is saying is unless you are a beauty queen naturally we are shit out of luck.   sounds to me like most aren't even going to give a female bodybuilder the opportunity to change her physique.   most are looking at our pictures and judging on what we have brought to the stage because that is what the judges wanted. most have only seens us completely dieted down, to lean, sucked up face.  how do they know what we will look like if we do downsize, keep a softer look,  don't get so hard looking, have a softer face.  some of us may not be beauty queens but some of us fbb are cute when we are a bit softer.    My question Chick are we even going to be givin a CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2010, 07:58:03 PM »
But basically what everyone is saying is unless you are a beauty queen naturally we are shit out of luck.   sounds to me like most aren't even going to give a female bodybuilder the opportunity to change her physique.   most are looking at our pictures and judging on what we have brought to the stage because that is what the judges wanted. most have only seens us completely dieted down, to lean, sucked up face.  how do they know what we will look like if we do downsize, keep a softer look,  don't get so hard looking, have a softer face.  some of us may not be beauty queens but some of us fbb are cute when we are a bit softer.    My question Chick are we even going to be givin a CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to consider who "most" you keep referring to, really are....

NONE of them are judges...and we have yet to even have a show....RELAX!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2010, 08:12:48 PM »
To clarify a point....people keep asking me about these "declining numbers"....here is a recent example:

Jon Lindsay (NPC Promoter) has a show tomorrow

NPC/ IFBB PRO Figure

160+ in the show

100 are NPC Bikini and Figure

2 are FBB

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
You have to consider who "most" you keep referring to, really are....

NONE of them are judges...and we have yet to even have a show....RELAX!

Ok I will relax because I can adjust my physique,  I started competing as a bodybuilder when I was a teenager back in the 80's then took 15 years off from competition but not from some kind of weight lifting and exercise so I finally make my goal of pro this year and now the rug is being pulled out from us female bodybuilders, so yeah I am a little worried.   I truly love this sport and I honestly don't mind the idea of a more classic physique but for someone to call me a dude(I purposely didn't post a pic) when they are only looking at a competition pic, well that sucks.  here I will post pics from that same year months after the one where Che posted where he called me a dude,  I honestly don't believe that word applies to the offseason photos or a more softer look.

And why can't we keep the word bodybuilding,  why not call it Classic Bodybuilding.   We are bodybuilders.   
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »
Woman....no male hormones added.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
Woman....no male hormones added.

yes, as a bodybuilder, i respect other bodybuilders regardless of their gender

that being said

hormones tend to do bad things to women.......the voice get harsh, the face gets harsh, the skin gets harsh, the hair get brittle, other "things" change dimension

the fitness and figure chicks take plenty of shit, winny, anavar, clen, hgh........thats pretty much where it should end

but the FBB's are into pure androgens now, test is a male sex hormone............just like when a tranny takes estrogen and progesterone to look more feminine..........female bodybuilders really are changing their gender and that has no appeal to anyone outside a circle of creepy freaks

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
why not call it Classic Bodybuilding.

Sounds like a good name, but Women's Physique is the one that was chosen.

Ok I will relax because I can adjust my physique,

Claire, the pics you have that are not completely too muscular look good, and of course, you have a chance. I remember that type of physique in early 90's, and also that type of physique is more prelavant in local contests. I like those pics better, and so do many who think that symmetry and overall physique matters more in women's bb than muscularity.   

I truly love this sport and I honestly don't mind the idea of a more classic physique but for someone to call me a dude when they are only looking at a competition pic, well that sucks

Yes it does suck, because when some female bb are so muscular, with the voice change, and facial changes with the sucked up look, mainstream people tend to view it negatively.  But like you, many female bb competitors like the idea of a more classic physique and welcome the change to look 'less' muscular. 

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »
To clarify a point....people keep asking me about these "declining numbers"....here is a recent example:

Jon Lindsay (NPC Promoter) has a show tomorrow

NPC/ IFBB PRO Figure

160+ in the show

100 are NPC Bikini and Figure

2 are FBB

I could care less how many are in the "show", how many are in the audience?  How many are new to the audience?  How many are repeat schmoes?

Bodydoping is not something the general population is even remotely interested in and all because it is quite disgusting given the drugged up male and "female" competitors.   No one I know would even entertain the idea of attending a bodydoping show and why should they?  Fake muscles, fake hair and fake tans do not a healthy image promote.

It is not a sport, not in the most far-ranging sense of the word.  It is a highly subjective endeavor judged by (given the current state of bodydoping) and for weirdos.  And for the record, why would a woman desire to look like a man?

If any man took estrogen and got breast and butt implants, wore makeup and paraded around like they thought the were a woman what would you call them?  A dissolutioned, fugly, transvestite and that would be polite. 

The idiots that perpetrate this human dross on the world, this flotsam of fake muscles and masculine "women" are responsible for taking what was once a health conscious pastime and making a mockery of it.  Those that participate in this display of stupidity are responsible for their own actions.  They are fake, fugly, look like burn victims with severe infections and all that for a trophy that won't hold the front door open when the wind blows hard.

I suppose a career in "female" wrestling/boxing films or male thongoloid "lifestyle" presentations is the best these extra chromosome endowed "athletes" can expect.  Cretins the lot of them.  Nothing less than sickening licentious cultural philistines attend their displays of aritificial physiques.

Their health, such as it is , will most definately decline with the passage of years, as will their salability to schomes/schmoettes. 

Keep it up, IFBB and NPC.  Like the WNBA, no one of any importance really cares.  You know,  the people with money.  The public.  The ones that attend real sporting events like football or soccer games.  There is nothing remotely athletic about these things, male or "female".  What they have to offer is nothing more than a facade.

And as for calling something "Classic" bodybuilding, it has to have class to begin with.  Sorry.  No how, no way.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »
I could care less how many are in the "show", how many are in the audience?  How many are new to the audience?  How many are repeat schmoes?

Bodydoping is not something the general population is even remotely interested in and all because it is quite disgusting given the drugged up male and "female" competitors.   No one I know would even entertain the idea of attending a bodydoping show and why should they?  Fake muscles, fake hair and fake tans do not a healthy image promote.

It is not a sport, not in the most far-ranging sense of the word.  It is a highly subjective endeavor judged by (given the current state of bodydoping) and for weirdos.  And for the record, why would a woman desire to look like a man?

If any man took estrogen and got breast and butt implants, wore makeup and paraded around like they thought the were a woman what would you call them?  A dissolutioned, fugly, transvestite and that would be polite. 

The idiots that perpetrate this human dross on the world, this flotsam of fake muscles and masculine "women" are responsible for taking what was once a health conscious pastime and making a mockery of it.  Those that participate in this display of stupidity are responsible for their own actions.  They are fake, fugly, look like burn victims with severe infections and all that for a trophy that won't hold the front door open when the wind blows hard.

I suppose a career in "female" wrestling/boxing films or male thongoloid "lifestyle" presentations is the best these extra chromosome endowed "athletes" can expect.  Cretins the lot of them.  Nothing less than sickening licentious cultural philistines attend their displays of aritificial physiques.

Their health, such as it is , will most definately decline with the passage of years, as will their salability to schomes/schmoettes. 

Keep it up, IFBB and NPC.  Like the WNBA, no one of any importance really cares.  You know,  the people with money.  The public.  The ones that attend real sporting events like football or soccer games.  There is nothing remotely athletic about these things, male or "female".  What they have to offer is nothing more than a facade.

And as for calling something "Classic" bodybuilding, it has to have class to begin with.  Sorry.  No how, no way.

I tend to agree with this post.

Most of the people I know who were into it in the early 1990's: Going to shows, knowing different BB's by name, into the whole culture are disgusted and no longer really support the sport and may just check in now and again.

I was never into the whole female bodybuilder look.  I thought Cory Everson looked great and I liked Lenda Murray, but I didn't want to look like them. Most of the male BB's I knew back in the day didn't like the way they looked either from an attraction standpoint.

This entire industry seems to have gone past the point of no return.  If you watched the Lee Haney  interview he was doing nothing but telling the truth.  There is no presentation and no class.  The competitors (male and female) look a mess for the most part.

I remember in the 90's I was so inspired by the female fitness competitors. I loved Amy Fadhli, Marla Duncan, Monica Brant, Mia Finnegan, Brandi Carrier, etc. I read everything I could get my hands on about them, but now I pick up Oxygen and look at the Figure competitors and shake my head.

The men....Well I've made it pretty clear that in a sitaution where men are basically naked and showing their bodies off, straight women should be turned on.  They aren't.  Except for maybe the really old ones.