Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97491 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
Depends on the show you go to, Howie...you picked the Nationals, which has THEE MOST amount of women competing.  LOcal/ regional/ even pro circuit shows arent even close to those numbers....

Besides, you need to come out to se the new division...
Thanks for the invite but I swear to GOD, all I can think of is THIS is where it is headed...GOD bless 'em hehehe
http://www.uspoledance.com   LOL, I am keeping my sense of humor, and I still think you are a better MC then Lonnie Teper. ;)

Ya know Bob , I don't know why this bugs me more than any other thing done in BB,  in over 30 yrs in the sport, this makes me want to finally say screw it and move on, sorry.
Ya know I always had mixed feelings about extreme steroid use ( legal reasons) and some of the judging criteria, BUT in the end it was always BODYBUILING.
Thanks for taking a few minutes at most shows to speak to me, I enjoyed that.

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2010, 07:17:43 PM »

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »
I guess I'm missing what point you're trying to make....?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2010, 07:36:12 PM »
I guess I'm missing what point you're trying to make....?
Hey Chick, if you use your connections to get me hooked up with a hot bikini babe, I will give it my full support. ;)
Take care and good luck my large friend.
I hope this works out for ya , but who knows.

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2010, 07:38:55 PM »
international IFBB amateur figure girls fucking SMOKE the fat, smooth, unmuscular (mistake them for bikini competitors) IFBB  figure competitors in the USA

cough.......cough............Nicole Wilkins Lee

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2010, 07:49:28 PM »
this looks like a fucking bikini competitor to me, an out of shape bikini competitor actually

DPump

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »
international IFBB amateur figure girls fucking SMOKE the fat, smooth, unmuscular (mistake them for bikini competitors) IFBB  figure competitors in the USA

cough.......cough............Nicole Wilkins Lee

I agree with this statement-  Also, one word-   BODYFITNESS is an awesome class they have in Europe-  kinda like a sexy slightly more muscular version of figure

Also-  what I dnt understand is a lot of the NPC fig girls look a lot more complete, better conditioned and put together than IFBB Pro Fig-  and they have that cool gold color sometimes

DPump

• Getbig III
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »
Bodyfitness

see girl on left

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »

I agree with this statement-  Also, one word-   BODYFITNESS is an awesome class they have in Europe-  kinda like a sexy slightly more muscular version of figure

Also-  what I dnt understand is a lot of the NPC fig girls look a lot more complete, better conditioned and put together than IFBB Pro Fig-  and they have that cool gold color sometimes

you are correct, what i dont understand is why do they keep the line SO DAMN close between bikini and figure............you would think with bikini around now, they would want to clearly delineate figure criteria and let them tighten up and add some mass

because right now........i have a hard time telling the difference........there were girls at the olympia who were completely interchangable and could have looked at home competing in fitness or figure

this girl is pretty much what figure should look like.........muscular, but not as dramatic as bodybuilder.,.............and a tad bit less hard , BUT NOT SMOOTH

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »
When the criterion is about male likes and preferences then the sport is doomed. You need some objective criterion.

Look at the 'would you hit it' posts on Getbig. If the poster thinks the gal is hot he assumes that other guys will as well. That seldom happens and shows how each of us has different ideals about female beauty. I dare say the women have different ideals. The IFBB is hopelessly lost about the women's contests and have no clue about any of it.

Makes you wonder why any woman would want to enter such subjective pageants. They are hardly contests. I guess they want to transcend themselves and be recognized as a figure, bikini or whatever winner.

I seldom agree with unsung but he is right about the criteria being sexist. Of course, stooges like Bob C are way too thick to appreciate this. Look at how devotely he explains and defends the official propaganda about the new women's division.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2010, 08:15:18 PM »
When the criterion is about male likes and preferences then the sport is doomed. You need some objective criterion.

Look at the 'would you hit it' posts on Getbig. If the poster thinks the gal is hot he assumes that other guys will as well. That seldom happens and shows how each of us has different ideals about female beauty. I dare say the women have different ideals. The IFBB is hopelessly lost about the women's contests and have no clue about any of it.

Makes you wonder why any woman would want to enter such subjective pageants. They are hardly contests. I guess they want to transcend themselves and be recognized as a figure, bikini or whatever winner.

I seldom agree with unsung but he is right about the criteria being sexist. Of course, stooges like Bob C are way too thick to appreciate this. Look at how devotely he explains and defends the official propaganda about the new women's division.

I like Bob , always did. BUT I am with you on this one Vince.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2010, 08:18:19 PM »
female bodybuilding was the one division where the object isnt to be sexually attractive to the judges.......there are plenty of places for that

like it or not, FBB.....was where the true athletes went, who had a vision of where they want their body to be........it was the one place where gender role conventions were redefined by women who were 100% focused on the bodybuilding lifestyle (lets face it, you can give 70 percent and do well in figure) ............and  living free from the behest of males telling them what they SHOULD look like

its a shame that these greedy sexist pigs, could not just let them have this,,,,,,one little thing........that stood irregardless of sex........one thing that was not patriarchal and exploitative

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »

Clueless as usual, ImBasile...

What leads you to believe there isnt perspective and input from women?  Betty Pariso co-wrote this initiative with me, and supports it 100%.  Also, the panel that voted on this has women on it...who were all in favor of it.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2010, 08:22:15 PM »
female bodybuilding was the one division where the object isnt to be sexually attractive to the judges.......there are plenty of places for that

like it or not, FBB.....was where the true athletes went, who had a vision of where they want their body to be........it was the one place where gender role conventions were redefined by women who were 100% focused on the bodybuilding lifestyle (lets face it, you can give 70 percent and do well in figure) ............and  living free from the behest of males telling them what they SHOULD look like

its a shame that these greedy sexist pigs, could not just let them have this,,,,,,one little thing........that stood irregardless of sex........one thing that was not patriarchal and exploitative

fucking parasites    

See above post to ImBasile....

And you might want to consider a course in business 101, it might give you a better perspective of ROI and Supply and Demand...

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2010, 08:29:22 PM »
See above post to ImBasile....

And you might want to consider a course in business 101, it might give you a better perspective of ROI and Supply and Demand...

thats true, that is the place where your really have the conversation dead-to-rights

if toyota is making a model of vehicle that they are losing money on (for a long period of time)

who in their right mind would expect Toyota to continue producing the model,.........just cause an unjustifiably small group of people liked it

you definitely have me on this point..........

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
So Bob was helping to draw up the women's rules. Just what a pro athletes rep should do. Leave that up to the philosophers. This guy has no clue. They will institute the new division and rules then play by ear. Bob will have to run backstage between MC roles to supervise the results. Only in the IFBB. When there is controversy he will explain that the athletes didn't understand what the judges were looking for. When they finally learn to cooperate things will be fine in the IFBB. All of which means: Do what Bob and the other jerks tell you to do.

If they were earnest about saving women's bodybuilding they would institute drug testing. No fake boobs. These two changes would see a big change in the bodies presenting at contests. Then do the same for the men. No fake boobs in any of the contests.   

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2010, 08:59:35 PM »
Clueless as usual, ImBasile...

What leads you to believe there isnt perspective and input from women?  Betty Pariso co-wrote this initiative with me, and supports it 100%.  Also, the panel that voted on this has women on it...who were all in favor of it.

Bob you are Betty are class acts and I have a deep respect for both of you, but on this issue I feel you are wrong.
It is the right of the NPC/IFBB to decide to do this. It is also my right to boycott any IFBB/NPC events in the future.
AS you have said many times, it is fan base, ticket sales and $$$ that will dictate the success or failure of any  sport. I am nothing much, but my support will go elsewhere.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »
Bob you are Betty are class acts and I have a deep respect for both of you, but on this issue I feel you are wrong.
It is the right of the NPC/IFBB to decide to do this. It is also my right to boycott any IFBB/NPC events in the future.
AS you have said many times, it is fan base, ticket sales and $$$ that will dictate the success or failure of any  sport.
I am nothing much, but my support will go elsewhere.

Just what do you feel is wrong?  That we had women that also had a voice in whats going on??

As for your support, you can bring it where you wish...that's your prerogative (like Bobby Brown)....but dint you think you're being a bit hypocritical?  No one says you have to support any of the other divisions, but why turn your back on BB?  I, like you Howie, have been around more than 30 years in the biz....and I grew up being a BB fan as well as competitor....when they added FBB, I didn't care...had no impact on me and what I liked. When they added fitness, figure, and now bikini....I couldn't have cared either way, as it has never had any impact on me or my love for MY sport...

You should do what we do when were at shows and dint care for whats going on on stage at a given time....shoot the shit, make the rounds, talk shop with the other pro's/ fans....no one is forcing you to sit there through countless hours of competition you have no interest in....GET UP, MOVE AROUND, have some fun with other fans and fellow people in the business...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2010, 10:02:18 PM »
So  Bob was helping to draw up the women's rules. Just what a pro athletes rep should do. Leave that up to the philosophers.This guy has no clue. They will institute the new division and rules then play by ear. Bob will have to run backstage between MC roles to supervise the results. Only in the IFBB. When there is controversy he will explain that the athletes didn't understand what the judges were looking for. When they finally learn to cooperate things will be fine in the IFBB. All of which means: Do what Bob and the other jerks tell you to do. If they were earnest about saving women's bodybuilding they would institute drug testing. No fake boobs. These two changes would see a big change in the bodies presenting at contests. Then do the same for the men.

No fake boobs in any of the contests.

We get it, Basile...you dont like tits....great....move along now weirdo.

sassy69

• Getbig I
Re: Women's Pro BB to be renamed Female Physique and shows to add more Bikini
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »
I'm interested to see how this plays out....

DPump

• Getbig III
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2010, 10:56:15 PM »
I think the supplementation gets all the negative credit for the rough and extreme look. What people don't understand is that the diuretics and extreme condition is what makes the look so extreme.

SIMPLE SOLUTION TO SAVING FBB

-DIURETICS TESTING
-WEIGHT CLASSES

Some of the offseason women are lusciously round and have amazing curves

Unfortunately, come contest time -  they diet their ass and facial beauty off

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2010, 04:36:44 AM »

unfortunately, come contest time-  they diet there ass and facial beauty off

the facial beauty of the new york pro winner

double standard ?...