Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97495 times)

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2010, 12:32:45 PM »
The board of governors votes....question is, who didnt?

People love Jim Manion, as he has given a lot of people a great oppportunity to make a living from a sport we love...

Now answer my question...
It's not a sport.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »
I believe this look should be a great example of what the division should look like....

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »
So there's fitness (routine), figure (quarter turns), and physique (posing).  Problem is, they all look the same.  When the judges start to reward the harder, more muscular girls again, what will be the next move?  Another division?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »
Glad you're on  board. , would be the key, as were looking to provide a platform that will promote women who like to train while preserving a healthy, athletic, feminine look.  Women who feel like this would be a good fit, should be looking to not scale back the training in the gym, but rather the diet/ supplement programs....
Not to bust your balls , but the supplement they should be cutting back on is "Vitamin S" , right ;)

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2010, 12:51:34 PM »
if the fbbs have self respect they would leave and compete in the nabba universe

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »
if the fbbs have self respect they would leave and compete in the nabba universe
Bingo! I suspect they will now they are being phased out in the NPC and IFBB.
I won't buy any more night show tickets for pro or NPC that has more bikini and fitness than bodybuilding.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2010, 01:09:43 PM »
I believe this look should be a great example of what the division should look like....

I agree and it should be the limit on the most amount of muscle a female competitor should carry.

Gladys, Mclish, etc is what a female bb should look like.

bigmike99

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
Bingo! I suspect they will now they are being phased out in the NPC and IFBB.
I won't buy any more night show tickets for pro or NPC that has more bikini and fitness than bodybuilding.

Same here

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
I agree and it should be the limit on the most amount of muscle a female competitor should carry.

Gladys, Mclish, etc is what a female bb should look like.
and the male bb should look like mark schenkenberg

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »
and the male bb should look like mark schenkenberg

Absolutely not.

There is a difference between a man and a woman.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »
the nabba is a better federation anyway...they treat their competitors with respect
and they dont have the corupted judging like in the ifbb

I just checked out their web page and am thinking of doing a spring show with them  :)
NABBA head , Bob Gruskin is a retired Prof of Biology from the Public Univ system in NY state.
Great guy,  and while NABBA is a lot smaller than the NPC, I am looking for a new organization at this point.

chris10000

• Getbig III
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/p6_uni09.html

add iris kyle to the list in 2011

and as the male bb find out how well the females are respected they will follow

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »
So there's fitness (routine), figure (quarter turns), and physique (posing).  Problem is, they all look the same.  When the judges start to reward the harder, more muscular girls again, what will be the next move?  Another division?

They dont look the same, at all....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »

LOL

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2010, 01:37:33 PM »
Once again, the big issue is that the NPC is and IFBB are no longer mostly about bodybuilding.
By next season most NPC national events and IFBB shows will be at least 80% NON bodybuilding stuff on stage.
Not my cup of tea.

* If they replace "those like me" at  the night show finals fans with new bikini, fitness fans they will be a success. BUT, who knows?????

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »

If you put Erin Stern, Adela Garcia, and Gladys Portuguese in a physique competition, none of them would look much different from the other. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
If you put Erin Stern, Adela Garcia, and Gladys Portuguese in a physique competition, none of them would look much different from the other. 

The fitness girls and figure girls are only really seperated by routine, physiques arent supposed to look much different...

Erin and Sonia look totally different, and watching both classes, you can distinguish one from another very easily.  The first year had some growing pains, but over th last year, I think the judges have done a pretty good job, and both classes have established themselves...

With anything new, there will be a learning period, as well as the fact that we (as a federation) can only judge whats in front of the panel...WP will be no different as it takes time to get an entire division together, as well as athletes to adjust

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »

Bring back Ericca Kern, she has the (and had) the look I think Bob C is seeking for this new division

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »

Those women still look a mess.  I thought the point of "physique" was to tone it down.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
The fitness girls and figure girls are only really seperated by routine, physiques arent supposed to look much different...  Erin and Sonia look totally different, and watching both classes, you can distinguish one from another very easily.  The first year had some growing pains, but over th last year, I think the judges have done a pretty good job, and both classes have established themselves... With anything new, there will be a learning period, as well as the fact that we (as a federation) can only judge whats in front of the panel...WP will be no different as it takes time to get an entire division together, as well as athletes to adjust

::)

how hard can it be chick to build a catalog, how hard?

bikini - the apex bikini are girls who never touched the figure stage, are bikini from day one

jessica anderson
nate melo
amanda latona
jessica putnam
etc.

figure - it's about a women's structure, has nothing to do with shoulders.  who the hell came up with that?

cheryl brown
old school anja langer
gladys portuguese
rachel mclish
cris alexander (go look at her hip to waist ratio)

you can add all the other BS like muscle, color, etc once you have structure down...because the girls with the hour glass structures just look good no matter what.  anja langer is ALL GENETICS.

wpd - you have alot to work with here.  i still say medina is the apex athlete...the right amt muscle, lines and beauty for her generation .  then...you have monica brant, ava cowan, and others to come up with dfferent types.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »
The fitness girls and figure girls are only really seperated by routine, physiques arent supposed to look much different...

Erin and Sonia look totally different, and watching both classes, you can distinguish one from another very easily.  The first year had some growing pains, but over th last year, I think the judges have done a pretty good job, and both classes have established themselves...

With anything new, there will be a learning period, as well as the fact that we (as a federation) can only judge whats in front of the panel...WP will be no different as it takes time to get an entire division together, as well as athletes to adjust

Agreed, fitness and figure have essentially the same physique, which is similar to the new WPD (if it's like early '80s bodybuilding).  Would you have had Sonia Gonzales winning the bikini?  How did Amanda Latona finish so low in 5th?  It was clear that the judges wanted a certain level of conditioning, even in bikini.  And if facial beauty is judged, why isn't Dianna Dahlgren near the top? 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2010, 02:43:03 PM »
Agreed, fitness and figure have essentially the same physique, which is similar to the new WPD (if it's like early '80s bodybuilding).  Would you have had Sonia Gonzales winning the bikini?  How did Amanda Latona finish so low in 5th?  It was clear that the judges wanted a certain level of conditioning, even in bikini.  And if facial beauty is judged, why isn't Dianna Dahlgren near the top? 

All those girls are hot..just a median scoring average by 11 judges.

Yes, they will look for a certain level of conditioning, even in bikini...has to be a line somewhere as it IS a physique competition still.

Agreed on Diana...beautiful

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:28 PM »

havent taken time to look at her but gonzales has changed her body from her figure days.  the problem is figure -wpd.  there isnt problem with fitness either...just based on their routine separating them.    

the one thing i see is gonzales still has her arms from figure which are harder than latona or melo.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

Ya know Bob I went to the Ky muscle show/expo, past 2 yrs, that had IFBB pro figure as the only IFBB pro division along with NPC bodybuilding and was fine with THAT. why? It had about 30 top quality figure pros and they did a round of them and then had a couple divisions of BB in between.  The current format I saw at the NPC nationals was way too much bikini and figure. It dominated the night show finals.
I just don't think that format will hold the interest of serious BB fans like me.
Plus to me, the bikini is a joke and just a swimsuit fest. At least the figure requires some shape and muscle tone.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
Ya know Bob I went to the Ky muscle show/expo, past 2 yrs, that had IFBB pro figure as the only IFBB pro division along with NPC bodybuilding and was fine with THAT. why? It had about 30 top quality figure pros and they did a round of them and then had a couple divisions of BB in between.  The current format I saw at the NPC nationals was way too much bikini and figure. It dominated the night show finals.
I just don't think that format will hold the interest of serious BB fans like me.
Plus to me, the bikini is a joke and just a swimsuit fest. At least the figure requires some shape and muscle tone.

Depends on the show you go to, Howie...you picked the Nationals, which has THE MOST amount of women competing.  Loca l/ regional / even pro circuit shows arent even close to those numbers....

Besides, you need to come out to see the new division...