Author Topic: 150 Regent grads in the Bush administration?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!  (Read 18361 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
If you're so sure of yourself, get Ron to look at the posts of yours I deleted the other day ;)

more than fine by me....not ONE time did i direct a statement at an individual..not once. Did I make general statements that were backed by FACTS..yes I did. Nothing wrong with that. But when  guy makes a statement today about Jews benefiting from the war...something with no backing, how is that any better than anything I said?
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hold up Bubba... Wait one second....  Goodling is only 33, was the 3rd highest ranking person at the Justice Department, had never worked as a prosecutor and was in charge of overseeing the job performace of all 93 US Attorneys and you think Bill Maher shouldn't give up his day job for bringing light to her and other graduates of Pat Robertson's University being given fastrack in the Bush Administration... GOOD FUCKING GOD, GIVE ME A BREAK, TELL ME YOU'RE NOT ACUTALLY SERIOUS WITH YOURSELF???

Why are you getting so worked up?  If you knew anything about political appointees you'd know they aren't always the most "qualified" persons for the job.  An executive (Prez, Gov, Mayor) appoints people he or she agrees with politically, likes, and are competent to do the job, probably in that order.  

I could care less if a political appointee is "fast tracked."  They almost always are.  Big deal.  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
again how is that directed at an individual on this site?
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Why are you getting so worked up?  If you knew anything about political appointees you'd know they aren't always the most "qualified" persons for the job.  An executive (Prez, Gov, Mayor) appoints people he or she agrees with politically, likes, and are competent to do the job, probably in that order.  

I could care less if a political appointee is "fast tracked."  They almost always are.  Big deal.  
That doesn't mean it's not a big deal under the right settings and this has all the right makings to look real bad.  You just can't write this off as no big deal.  No way... 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I'm trying to stay out of the firefights, but I don't think MM is trying to sabotage threads.

I also think 240's pictures don't have any place in the forum.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
That doesn't mean it's not a big deal under the right settings and this has all the right makings to look real bad.  You just can't write this off as no big deal.  No way... 

So the big deal is that 150 graduates of a conservative law school work for the Bush Administration?  (And BTW, I suspect it's a "Tier 4" school largely because it is fairly new.)  The president can appoint whoever the heck he wants.  I could care less if he wants 500 Regent (or any other law school) grads in his administration.  As long as no laws are being broken and there is nothing unethical going on, it simply isn't newsworthy in my book. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
more than fine by me....not ONE time did i direct a statement at an individual..not once. Did I make general statements that were backed by FACTS..yes I did. Nothing wrong with that. But when  guy makes a statement today about Jews benefiting from the war...something with no backing, how is that any better than anything I said?
So I did not delete racist statements by you directed at Jag the other day?  Really?  How much are we wagering?  I mean I'm sorry, I seem to remember quite clearly deleting instances where you called her a nappy haired slut.  In the resent context of those words, you're going to have to do some serious spin if you're saying there is no racial overtone to your little meltdown against Jag...

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
So I did not delete racist statements by you directed at Jag the other day?  Really?  How much are we wagering?  I mean I'm sorry, I seem to remember quite clearly deleting instances where you called her a nappy haired slut.  In the resent context of those words, you're going to have to do some serious spin if you're saying there is no racial overtone to your little meltdown against Jag...

lol, what does she go to rutgers? hmmm, while you are at it find all the posts she and 240 made saying it is ridiculous Imus is getting fried for the same thing....no racism there. Racism is the implication that one race is better than another. so what, I am saying white hair is better than black? I mean in all honesty, if ai had said like nig--er or something ok, but a hair comment?
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
So the big deal is that 150 graduates of a Pat Robertson's law school work for the Bush Administration?  (And BTW, I suspect it's a "Tier 4" school largely because it is fairly new.)  The president can appoint whoever the heck he wants.  I could care less if he wants 500 Regent (or any other law school) grads in his administration.  As long as no laws are being broken and there is nothing unethical going on, it simply isn't newsworthy in my book. 
fixed  I didn't say he couldn't, just because he can doesn't mean his decisions, when bad, especially really bad, don't have public consequences.  Bam bam boom, that's what this is!!!!!!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
fixed  I didn't say he couldn't, just because he can doesn't mean his decisions, when bad, especially really bad, don't have public consequences.  Bam bam boom, that's what this is!!!!!!!!!!

It's a school founded by Pat Robertson, just like Liberty is a school founded by Jerry Falwell.  So what.  Neither one of them run those respective schools.  Berserker you have to help me out here.  What exactly is the problem? 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
lol, what does she go to rutgers? hmmm, while you are at it find all the posts she and 240 made saying it is ridiculous Imus is getting fried for the same thing....no racism there. Racism is the implication that one race is better than another. so what, I am saying white hair is better than black? I mean in all honesty, if ai had said like nig--er or something ok, but a hair comment?
What's funny is that blacks do have nappy hair but making an observation like that makes you a racist (which i think is dumb)...right?  It's laughable at best.  Don't listen to Jag or anyone else on here
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
What's funny is that blacks do have nappy hair but making an observation like that makes you a racist (which i think is dumb)...right?  It's laughable at best.  Don't listen to Jag or anyone else on here

O Rly?  All of them? 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
O Rly?  All of them? 

I know this is a touchy subject right now, but why do you think most black men nowadays shave their head or wear a cap to bed..no one is saying it is a bad thing...
gotta love life

Cap

• Getbig V
O Rly?  All of them? 
I never put that in there did I?  Lol. 
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I know this is a touchy subject right now, but why do you think most black men nowadays shave their head or wear a cap to bed..no one is saying it is a bad thing...

I have no basis to conclude that "most black men" shave their heads or wear a cap to bed.  

I know lots of black (and half black) men.  Some of them have "nappy" hair, some have curly hair, some have straight hair, one has dreads, and some are bald.  I have no idea whether any of them wear caps to bed.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I never put that in there did I?  Lol. 

So are we talking 25 percent, 50 percent, 90 pecent?  Half blacks included? 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
I have no basis to conclude that "most black men" shave their heads or wear a cap to bed.  

I know lots of black (and half black) men.  Some of them have "nappy" hair, some have curly hair, some have straight hair, one has dreads, and some are bald.  I have no idea whether any of them wear caps to bed.  

just ask them, especially the dreads...they usually wear like a stocking over their heads for bed...and the straight hair isn;t natural. It takes a long time to get it like that.
gotta love life

Cap

• Getbig V
So are we talking 25 percent, 50 percent, 90 pecent?  Half blacks included? 
All I was pointing out is that it is a characteristic of black hair.  Never thought/made a percentage.  Don't really care either.  Imus made a comment about a characteristic these girls had and I think that the two white girls had nappy looking hair but that wasn't a racist comment to them.  It was assumed that it was racist to blacks, therefore the media and black community assume it is a quality pointing to them.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
just ask them, especially the dreads...they usually wear like a stocking over their heads for bed...and the straight hair isn;t natural. It takes a long time to get it like that.

What are you basing this on?  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
What are you basing this on?  

well I am in the military and spend months on end sleeping with 12 people in a tent, many blacks, and my last 3 roomates before I got married were black. Maybe it is their age, but they all either shaved their head or wore some sort of head cover to bed
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
It's a school founded by Pat Robertson, just like Liberty is a school founded by Jerry Falwell.  So what.  Neither one of them run those respective schools.  Berserker you have to help me out here.  What exactly is the problem? 
Wrong, Pat Robertson is the current Chancellor.  The problem, I disagree with the choice of fastracking a bunch of graduates from Pat's school into high level positions in government, people who come from a school with the motto: "Christian Leadership  to Change the World" I never said this was impeachable or something.  It's one more thing that makes "the decider" look like a supreme ass.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
All I was pointing out is that it is a characteristic of black hair.  Never thought/made a percentage.  Don't really care either.  Imus made a comment about a characteristic these girls had and I think that the two white girls had nappy looking hair but that wasn't a racist comment to them.  It was assumed that it was racist to blacks, therefore the media and black community assume it is a quality pointing to them.

You made an overstatement and I was asking you to clarify ("What's funny is that blacks do have nappy hair . . . .").  Imus didn't make innocuous comments.  He was clearly trying to make derogatory remarks.  Whether he should have been fired for them is another issue, but he and guest were clearly trying to make racist comments.  The "jigaboos" comment was unquestionably racist.  

Cap

• Getbig V
You made an overstatement and I was asking you to clarify ("What's funny is that blacks do have nappy hair . . . .").  Imus didn't make innocuous comments.  He was clearly trying to make derogatory remarks.  Whether he should have been fired for them is another issue, but he and guest were clearly trying to make racist comments.  The "jigaboos" comment was unquestionably racist. 
But I did not specify number.  How about Jackson's "Hymietown" comment?  Imus is controversial which is fine.  As far as I see it, Imus made a true statement except regarding their status as "hos" but I gather he made it because the black community calls women "hos".
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Wrong, Pat Robertson is the current Chancellor.  The problem, I disagree with the choice of fastracking a bunch of graduates from Pat's school into high level positions in government, people who come from a school with the motto: "Christian Leadership  to Change the World" I never said this was impeachable or something.  It's one more thing that makes "the decider" look like a supreme ass.

Actually, I'm right.  Robertson doesn't run the law school:  http://www.regent.edu/acad/schlaw/faculty_staff/administration.cfm

So the problem is that Bush hired lawyers from a law school that emphasizes "Christian Leadership"?  And this is a bad thing?  You know my answer.  :)  These kids still have to pass the bar exam like every other law school graduate.  Sounds to me like Bush is trying to hire conservatives.  I don't expect anything less.  Just like I'd expect Hillary to hire liberals.    

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Well, this is all getting lost on what?  If someone on this forum calls someone a nappy headed slut, it doesn't mean it's ok because some blacks have nappy hair.  It's using a stereotyped aspect of the race against the person.  It's quite obviously racist to do so.  It's one of the few things we've limited in this forum and that is at Ron's request so know when you make a statement like that to another member, it will be considered racist here and it will be deleted.  You can talk about race and race/racism but this is not the place to actively be racist.