Author Topic: Cedric McMillan dead at 44  (Read 4964 times)

thebrink

• Getbig V
Re: Cedric McMillan dead at 44
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2022, 06:24:50 PM »
Thanks!

Can you believe that OAK is denying what he sees with his own eyes? Check this out:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=678278.msg9766091#msg9766091

OAK reminds me of the Old Bolsheviks who got communism kickstarted in the USSR, and ended up getting machine-gunned into pits later on - all the while saying "This isn't true communism", LOL.

X2

He's nothing new, morons like him have been lined up against a wall and shot for a very long time. They always reemerge during times like these.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2022, 06:26:44 PM »
No mention of him getting vaccinated on his instagram.

That's weird.

🙄

You aren't living in reality. You're living in the reality that you WANT...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2022, 06:46:26 PM »
No mention of him getting vaccinated on his instagram.

That's weird.

🙄

He mentioned it.

You clearly didn't read every post. He clearly stated he was vaccinated.

You DO realize that active duty US military need to be vaccinated...right?

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2022, 06:51:25 PM »
He mentioned it.

You clearly didn't read every post. He clearly stated he was vaccinated.

You DO realize that active duty US military need to be vaccinated...right?

Oh he “mentioned it”.

Can you get on an airplane if you “mentioned” that your vaccinated.

🙄

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2022, 08:09:08 PM »
Cedric was having health issues are far back as 2017. Long before covid

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »

44 years old.  300lbs of bodyweight.  Grams upon grams of gear per week for decades.  Not a great recipe for longevity. 

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2022, 08:14:30 PM »
44 years old.  300lbs of bodyweight.  Grams upon grams of gear per week for decades.  Not a great recipe for longevity.
It's crazy this current generation of bb's going so.hard into their 40's, even close to 50. Haney retired at 32. Most of the 90's guys mid 30's.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2022, 08:15:25 PM »

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2022, 08:17:28 PM »
It's crazy this current generation of bb's going so.hard into their 40's, even close to 50. Haney retired at 32. Most of the 90's guys mid 30's.

Dexter being so successful for so long probably sent a bad message to a lot of these guys.  Even Dorian was only in the "game" for about a decade.  Think he 1st competed in 85 and last competed in 97.  Here he is 25 years post retirement probably in the best health of his life. 

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2022, 08:53:21 PM »
Dexter being so successful for so long probably sent a bad message to a lot of these guys.  Even Dorian was only in the "game" for about a decade.  Think he 1st competed in 85 and last competed in 97.  Here he is 25 years post retirement probably in the best health of his life.

They „have“ to keep the social media persona alive. They get 1000x more attention than BBs did back in the day. Mentally weak can‘t quit and want to remain „somebody“ and most bodybuilders are only „somebody“ with the muscle suit on. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2022, 09:19:59 PM »
Just now saw this on The Gateway Pundit

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/44-year-old-pro-bodybuilder-drops-dead-heart-attack-treadmill/

Go to yahoo.com and it's on the home page.  No bullshit.  Not the top story mind you but scroll down and it's there. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2022, 09:25:34 PM »
Oh he “mentioned it”.

So what do you think this photo is? Him getting a tetanus shot?

Can you get on an airplane if you “mentioned” that your vaccinated.

🙄

I'm unvaccinated. Can I get on a plane right now?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2022, 09:27:25 PM »

Yes, exactly.

It sounds like he was hit hard with Covid though:

In 2017 McMillian had chronic pneumonia, and since then, he never felt quite like himself. In 2021 McMillan caught Covid and almost died. McMillan said he was down to 10% capacity of his heart working. The combination of pneumonia and then Covid did a number on McMillan’s heart and lung capacity.

https://www.setforset.com/blogs/news/cedric-mcmillan-dies

He should have really put the gear down. Yeah, maybe a lot of damage was already done - but had he just slimmed down to 220-lb, it could have at least given him a few more years. And 220 is not exactly "small". I think he kept taxing his body when his heart capacity was already compromised, and that was the issue. He should have read the writing on the wall.

But I guess being huge was his identity. It makes me feel sad for men with bigorexia.

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2022, 10:25:16 PM »
So what do you think this photo is? Him getting a tetanus shot?

I'm unvaccinated. Can I get on a plane right now?

Alright.

No more kidding around.

Looks like he’s vaccinated.

I don’t think he died from the vaccine OR from COVID.

No. The unvaccinated are not allowed to travel on planes in Canada

🙂

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2022, 12:02:53 AM »
Alright.

No more kidding around.

Looks like he’s vaccinated.

I don’t think he died from the vaccine OR from COVID.

I agree - but there have been an unusual number of bodybuilder deaths since the vaccine has rolled out.

I find this extremely fishy.

No. The unvaccinated are not allowed to travel on planes in Canada

🙂

I'm sorry, but from my smiley face - are you deriving pleasure from that fact?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2022, 12:11:23 AM »
Yes, exactly.

It sounds like he was hit hard with Covid though:

https://www.setforset.com/blogs/news/cedric-mcmillan-dies

He should have really put the gear down. Yeah, maybe a lot of damage was already done - but had he just slimmed down to 220-lb, it could have at least given him a few more years. And 220 is not exactly "small". I think he kept taxing his body when his heart capacity was already compromised, and that was the issue. He should have read the writing on the wall.

But I guess being huge was his identity. It makes me feel sad for men with bigorexia.

That is the ESSENCE of professional bodybuilding. The IFBB is a sport for delusional people who are willing to trade in their health body....  for a massive, ripped body. People like Aceto see these delusional individuals as a source of INCOME

How much money did Aceto make off of Rhoden and McMillan before they died?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2022, 12:25:05 AM »
Should be a wake-up call for everyone - better stay natty and live a long and healthy life:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2022, 12:57:49 AM »

That is the ESSENCE of professional bodybuilding. The IFBB is a sport for delusional people who are willing to trade in their health body....  for a massive, ripped body. People like Aceto see these delusional individuals as a source of INCOME

How much money did Aceto make off of Rhoden and McMillan before they died?

I think it may be time for a thread on gurus.

I've spoken to Chad Nicholls before on Facebook, and I used to respect him. I always try to ask myself: would I say what I'm saying about a person online, to their face?

So I'll try to word this carefully:

I lost a lot of respect for Chad when he did not even know the NAME of the kidney disease he was allegedly giving people [FSGS - Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis]:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focal_segmental_glomerulosclerosis

I think if I was accused of destroying people's kidneys, I'd be aware of the name of what I had supposedly caused them.

Both Chad Nicholls and Shawn Ray [who has my full respect] were interviewed by Patrick Bet-David - and while Shawn remembered specific dates and names of people and places, Chad didn't even remember what FOS stood for.

That's when I thought - "My God - this dude has no flipping clue what he's potentially causing people."

And do you remember that Ronnie Coleman had a diuretics scare at the 2001 Mr. Olympia contest, that required him going in an ice bath all night? Chad's protocol involved Ronnie's organs basically cooking, and he treated Ronnie with an ice bath! It sounds like that may have been DNP - Ronnie passed the diuretics test that Jay Cutler and Markus Ruhl both failed, so that doesn't rule out DNP.

If you watch the 2000 Battle for the Olympia, Chad tells Ronnie to put a wet towel behind neck, to cool him off. Exactly how overheated must Ronnie have been to require these measures to cool his body down?

Ronnie has ALWAYS maintained that it was all worth it for him...but it just makes me wonder...

Dennis Wolf, to the contrary, swore off all gurus after Chad, and there have been so many issues with Chad's bodybuilders:

Ronnie Coleman: see above.
Flex Wheeler: kidney issues.
Nasser El Sonbaty: dead.
Dallas McCarver: dead.
Art Atwood: dead.
Don Youngblood: dead.

And now Chris Aceto is piling up a similar list: the most prominent one being Shawn Rhoden. I believe George Peterson was under Aceto's tutelage as well.

Didn't Rhoden have some health/heart issues, yet stayed 300-lb at under 5'10"? Why didn't Chris just tell him to stop? My God - he was suspended from the IFBB anyway!

As for the morality of all this: I tend to be libertarian about these things, but I think the risks should always be disclosed, and gurus should basically ask all competing pros: "ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE DECADES OFF YOUR LIFE BY PURSUING A CAREER IN PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDING?"

If not, then he shouldn't work to them.

These ARE consenting adults...so I look at if like any drug transaction. But I think gurus should try to research how to REDUCE gear usage, by possibly figuring out how Kevin Levrone was able to slim down in the offseason. But maybe active pros aren't able to take so much time off, or they lose social media money and other money.

I don't know...I guess it's just a consenting adults thing. Like all drugs.

But I really think Chad Nicholls should at least BE AWARE of the names of the diseases bodybuilders can get as a result of using heavy gear like they do.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2022, 01:40:55 AM »
RIP :(

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2022, 01:47:13 AM »
Should be a wake-up call for everyone - better stay natty and live a long and healthy life:

This is why I stay natty

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2022, 01:50:32 AM »
This is why I stay natty

That is brutal if that is the truth.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2022, 01:58:21 AM »
the unvaccinated homeless community just laughing at vaxxtardz.  ::)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2022, 03:07:58 AM »

This is why I stay natty

I admire your balls
T

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2022, 03:20:10 AM »

Lucky guy. Will never get testicular cancer.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2022, 03:26:56 AM »
I agree - but there have been an unusual number of bodybuilder deaths since the vaccine has rolled out.

I find this extremely fishy

I'm sorry, but from my smiley face - are you deriving pleasure from that fact?

Not sure why, but I cannot take that statement seriously coming specifically from you... ;D
T