Author Topic: Cardio for fat loss?  (Read 5707 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Cardio for fat loss?
« on: May 15, 2016, 03:26:16 PM »
interesting that cutting on well below maintence at 16-1900 cals a day foR almost 3 months now and i still dont have a six pack. id say i started at 15 percent and im probably at 12-13. carry fat in tits n gut. id say the only difference is that this cut im natural. i just implemented some GH this last week at 1.8 iu ED, so this 3 months was full natty bra basically.

another factor, didnt really touch cardio at all. i feel this is where i went wrong. i listened to alot of bros say diet is all that is needed. seemed to not burn as nearly as much trunk fat as i did when dieting on same cals, trt, and HIIT or jogging cardio.

anyone else also feel cardio is really needed for endos to shred up effectively?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Cardio for fat loss?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »
Nattys should not do lots of cardio.  Too many sessions per week and you'll lose muscle.  The older you are the worse this becomes.  Speaking from experience.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Are you on growth only or growth and TRT?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 03:47:16 PM »
Are you on growth only or growth and TRT?

been off trt for about 3-4 months now. just started the gh as i had some extra kits

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »
That's just crazy enough to work.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »
Down 3 mm in calipers this week... Eat about 4k cals daily, plenty of activity.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »
Nattys should not do lots of cardio.  Too many sessions per week and you'll lose muscle.  The older you are the worse this becomes.  Speaking from experience.

Lose muscle due to cardio ? HAHAHAHAHAAHAH If you still lift & the calories are there, you ain't losing any precious muscle.

To much bb.com for you mate.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »
Lose muscle due to cardio ? HAHAHAHAHAAHAH If you still lift & the calories are there, you ain't losing any precious muscle.

To much bb.com for you mate.

Lower your calories to 1500-2000/day (like the OP is) and do 1 hour of cardio 4-5x wk... if natty, you will lose muscle, doesn't matter how much you lift.  

If you're on roids, totally different situation.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »
Nattys should not do lots of cardio.  Too many sessions per week and you'll lose muscle.  The older you are the worse this becomes.  Speaking from experience.

What's the point of having muscle if you're a fat ass?
Y

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 06:12:38 PM »

Better than being a skinny fat.

You're only 28... keep on living/training.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 06:20:34 PM »

You could throw someone out a window for making fun of you.  It would probably be a ground floor window, however, since you wouldn't care for stairs in your lair, big bear.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »

Probably one of the best points ever made on this thread.

From my personal experience in the gym (35+ years now,) fat is the absolute worse enemy of a person trying to gain muscle naturally. I've seen sooooooo many people try lifting weights only to fail miserably after a year it's not even funny.

My advice has always been the same: Get your body fat % down to a reasonable level. It's all psychological. Once you get to see your abs and the veins start popping out of nowhere that's when the real mind-to-muscle connections start firing on all cylinders. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 07:27:12 PM »
During the telecast of the 93' Olympia, Jim Quinn reported that in the days leading up to the contest Billy Smith gave Flex Wheeler a skin caliper test at Golds Gym and he measured 0.0% BF, the lowest reading ever recorded at that time.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 10:34:55 PM »

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 11:09:53 PM »
interesting that cutting on well below maintence at 16-1900 cals a day foR almost 3 months now and i still dont have a six pack. id say i started at 15 percent and im probably at 12-13. carry fat in tits n gut. id say the only difference is that this cut im natural. i just implemented some GH this last week at 1.8 iu ED, so this 3 months was full natty bra basically.

another factor, didnt really touch cardio at all. i feel this is where i went wrong. i listened to alot of bros say diet is all that is needed. seemed to not burn as nearly as much trunk fat as i did when dieting on same cals, trt, and HIIT or jogging cardio.

anyone else also feel cardio is really needed for endos to shred up effectively?

Shut the fuck up and continue 3 more moths doing what u doing. Sound like a fat bitch in the gym complaining without doing the fucking job requierd. Your a fat ass. Fat asses need 6-12moth stict diet! U need probably going down to 6-7 % to get off that fat from your chest and lower belly. Thats life at your age, doing it natural. The soner u get ride of it the better. Then keep your fucking weight down. and never eat more than 2500-2700kcal after that.

Weak mind fucker! Dont u ever dare doing cardio. Cardio will fuck you up! Ad 30 minutes lifting instead every seassion! Include more supersets. Slowly increase intensisty. Longer session or superset. Not both! climd the letter steady and slow!

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 11:12:49 PM »

Yes oh yes!

Im telling everyone in the gym stop doing that shit. Eat less or train more! Dont do that fucking cardio! Im in best shape in my gym but people dosent understand why! Simply Bcz I know shit, consistant with my training and dosent eat more kalories than I burn!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 11:57:40 PM »
Shut the fuck up and continue 3 more moths doing what u doing. Sound like a fat bitch in the gym complaining without doing the fucking job requierd. Your a fat ass. Fat asses need 6-12moth stict diet! U need probably going down to 6-7 % to get off that fat from your chest and lower belly. Thats life at your age, doing it natural. The soner u get ride of it the better. Then keep your fucking weight down. and never eat more than 2500-2700kcal after that.

Weak mind fucker! Dont u ever dare doing cardio. Cardio will fuck you up! Ad 30 minutes lifting instead every seassion! Include more supersets. Slowly increase intensisty. Longer session or superset. Not both! climd the letter steady and slow!

in your opinion, does it matter what you eat, beyond calories?  macro ratios? types of food?

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 12:08:55 AM »
You could throw someone out a window for making fun of you.  It would probably be a ground floor window, however, since you wouldn't care for stairs in your lair, big bear.

Mr Anabolic  may have moved slow, but it was only because Mr Anabolic didn't have to move for anybody

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 02:08:43 AM »
and have no fitness to run round the block...

2scared2post

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 03:13:58 AM »
and have no fitness to run round the block...

Or in your case chase down and capture young children/animals.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 03:14:55 AM »
Or in your case chase down and capture young children/animals.

;D
T

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 03:57:50 AM »
So OP gave up on staying natural after a few months?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 04:37:21 AM »
So OP gave up on staying natural after a few months?

No, no. He's natty now. Only growth.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »
No, no. He's natty now. Only growth.

That ain't natty.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 06:45:26 AM »
I do 30-40 min of relatively intense cardio 3xweek. Works great for me.

I've never been a fan of cardio but after my bicep tear last summer I couldn't do much else and just kept it up.