Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 119724 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #600 on: May 07, 2017, 05:34:18 AM »
i agree.

Both of you are easily offended autistics

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #601 on: May 07, 2017, 05:46:16 AM »
i agree.

Is deadlifting banned in your gym vince?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #602 on: May 07, 2017, 05:48:18 AM »
Both of you are easily offended autistics

maybe so, but we're not dropping plates.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #603 on: May 07, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »
stand by for pic of tommy hearns weighting a 150 bills holmes

touche

just mentioned me man Hearns

are you a psychic chief? ? ?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #604 on: May 07, 2017, 08:12:20 AM »
touche

just mentioned me man Hearns

are you a psychic chief? ? ?

no homes i just know the level your phaggotry has reached

im hoping that you are trolling at this point as you are nearly fifty years old not sixteen

no one talks like you do unless they are retarded or being ironic
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #605 on: May 07, 2017, 08:25:38 AM »
maybe so, but we're not dropping plates.

Hardie, hardie, har..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #606 on: May 07, 2017, 09:38:39 PM »
I guess some guys who can't get big try to impress others with how much they can lift.

I recall all the athletes and weightlifters at UBC who weren't impressed with mere 'mirror athletes'.

Weightlifters don't like bodybuilders because they don't look as strong as the musclemen.

If I can stop even one person from tearing a biceps then that is reward enough. I can't tell you how

upsetting it was to tear my right biceps. Guys like Dorian who did something similar lost more than

just half a biceps.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #607 on: May 07, 2017, 11:53:18 PM »
I guess some guys who can't get big try to impress others with how much they can lift.

I recall all the athletes and weightlifters at UBC who weren't impressed with mere 'mirror athletes'.

Weightlifters don't like bodybuilders because they don't look as strong as the musclemen.

If I can stop even one person from tearing a biceps then that is reward enough. I can't tell you how

upsetting it was to tear my right biceps. Guys like Dorian who did something similar lost more than

just half a biceps.

I guess that some guys that can't lift heavy & be strong Try to Grow Their Muscles Larger
To Try & Impress The Strong / Heavy Lifters -- Hey I Can't Lift Very Much - But I Have Big Muscles.
 ;)

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #608 on: May 08, 2017, 02:22:01 AM »
Is deadlifting banned in your gym vince?

Oh, you're straight? Well, so is spaghetti until it gets hot and wet.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #609 on: May 08, 2017, 02:42:18 AM »

just half a biceps.

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding me citing all these twinks I know that are stronger than you.  

It wasn't to belittle you - it was to make it clear that the idea that you can easily correlate "heavy weights" with tearing a bicep on deadlift is wrong.  I know people who are far far less muscled and more capable than you were and their bodies are not failing to handle larger deadlifts.

If you really care about people not tearing biceps doing deadlifts, invest in a texas bar for your gym.  I've no facts to back myself up, here - but I would say the texas bar minimises the danger.  I know it is a very jarring experience to go back to regular bars with no give.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: May 08, 2017, 03:10:35 AM »
well at least deadlifts are not as dangerous as squats and bench

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #611 on: May 08, 2017, 04:18:20 AM »
well at least deadlifts are not as dangerous as squats and bench

I've met way more people with shoulder issues from heavy benching than those with back issues from deads.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #612 on: May 08, 2017, 04:29:20 AM »
I've met way more people with shoulder issues from heavy benching than those with back issues from deads.

I'm wondering if that is just because more people try to go hard on the bench.

I personally think the deadlift is wayyy more dangerous for back if you take it to the type of level that people go for bench on.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #613 on: May 08, 2017, 04:44:00 AM »
I'm wondering if that is just because more people try to go hard on the bench.

I personally think the deadlift is wayyy more dangerous for back if you take it to the type of level that people go for bench on.

That's true, the BP is way more popular since most guys are more interested in their show muscles.

I've had serious DOMS from deads in the past as well, but I've learned to master myself the right technique (hips low, straight back, etc) and now I'm able to lift more than ever before without serious DOMS. Just as with the squat it's important to perform them at least once per 1-2 weeks. Every time I perform them after a long time my body says "fuck u".

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #614 on: May 08, 2017, 05:12:37 AM »
^^^ how much can you pull chief?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #615 on: May 08, 2017, 05:31:42 AM »
^^^ how much can you pull chief?

I'm not a powerlifter, deads are just a part of my back workout

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: May 08, 2017, 05:56:28 AM »
im thinking of incorporating push ups instead of bench for my overall chest development.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #617 on: May 08, 2017, 05:59:51 AM »
im thinking of incorporating push ups instead of bench for my overall chest development.

They're great and more shoulder friendly. You can always increase the load with 1 or 2 resistance bands, who are dirt cheap.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: May 08, 2017, 07:03:05 AM »

x2

Deadlifts actually have the opposite effect for myself (and many others) in that they keep the back pain free, after an extended period without them the niggling pains are unbearable and back feels week and easy to pull something.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #619 on: May 08, 2017, 07:20:09 AM »
x2

Deadlifts actually have the opposite effect for myself (and many others) in that they keep the back pain free, after an extended period without them the niggling pains are unbearable and back feels week and easy to pull something.

It's one of the best movements to develop a strong core. Those who never do deads seldom perform alternative such as hyper extensions or glute ham raises. They not only have a weak core, they also lack mid & lower back thickness.

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #620 on: May 08, 2017, 02:23:42 PM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #621 on: May 08, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
It's one of the best movements to develop a strong core. Those who never do deads seldom perform alternative such as hyper extensions or glute ham raises. They not only have a weak core, they also lack mid & lower back thickness.

It is always refreshing to hear the opinion of a true expert. Seems that everyone is an expert on Getbig.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #622 on: May 09, 2017, 12:50:11 AM »
It is always refreshing to hear the opinion of a true expert. Seems that everyone is an expert on Getbig.

Thanks cutie pie :-*

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #623 on: May 09, 2017, 02:04:48 PM »

My friends say that I'm gay because I don't like football. What a bunch of idiots. I'm gay because I like cock.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #624 on: May 09, 2017, 05:23:54 PM »
I have stated before that one needs to be an expert to detect another expert in a particular field. The problem with bodybuilding is that everyone with a 16 inch arm considers that they are experts.

When you read the concerns of so many who don't know how to get any bigger doesn't this prove that they are hardly experts?

When someone comes up with a new way of approaching a discipline it won't be accepted by the majority. Look at how long it took for humanity to accept that the earth goes around the sun?

So I don't expect bodybuilders to abandon what they believe. This isn't going to happen. Are there  many philosophers of science among bodybuilders? I seem to be the only one.

Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones were philosophers but they didn't get it right re the theory of hypertrophy. They were only partly right which isn't sufficient. They had a necessary condition

but not all the sufficient conditions. They got the intensity part correct but underestimated the total time under tension that is required. In other words, you need volume as well but still

require exceedingly hard training to make the muscles have to grow.