Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gossip & Opinions / Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Last post by gib on Today at 01:59:02 AM »
US markets awakening. Will be interesting to see how things play out today as they get into the action...
« Last post by Mayday on Today at 01:00:30 AM »
Muh short position at 38.9k……..
Gossip & Opinions / Re: 🎇 Random pics 🎇
« Last post by ThisisOverload on Today at 12:57:19 AM »
She could try getting a job.

She never considered him her dad, but blames him for her failed life.

Typical Liberal.
Gossip & Opinions / Re: What’s the best luxury style SUV?
« Last post by ThisisOverload on Today at 12:46:04 AM »
I do see what you’re saying somewhat, but I needed certain things.

6,000 GVW or more
Wanted it “now” and not have to order a build
Third row seating
Massage seats
Big enough for me when I drive it.

The Audi Q7/8’s were too small for me to ride comfortably in. The Range Rover didn’t have the third row seat. I had no desire for the Mercedes. So my choices were narrowed down due to my criteria. I do like GM products, as I own a few and my wife’s current vehicle was a suburban, but I wasn’t going to wait until Christmas for a car.

Nav's and most Lincolns are very comfortable. Just get rid of it before the warranty expires.

Lincoln/Ford are good about warranty maintenance items, since they are cheap to fix. But they fight you hard on items when they "break".

Either way you should enjoy the Nav, one of my good friends has one.
Gossip & Opinions / Re: Let's see your home gyms
« Last post by ThisisOverload on Today at 12:25:29 AM »
What more do you need, other than possibly more plates?

I can get some great workouts in, but these days i like to change things up and find more value in machines and cable exercises.

Gossip & Opinions / Re: Dragons Lair Gym
« Last post by ThisisOverload on Today at 12:15:43 AM »
Won't last long, unless he is using it as a place to sell drugs like most guys do these days.
« Last post by gib on Today at 12:08:13 AM »
You don't have to be that smart.  It's more control of emotions combined with common sense, experience, and gut feelings.

I dont consider bitcoin or whatever variation you call it to be investing.  It's speculating.

In this case, perhaps currency speculation, like speculating in dollars or yen.

Bitcoin is supposed to be currency, right?

Investing is a long-term activity.  You invest in an education for example.

Speculating is looking for a quick score.  Nothing wrong with it as long as you understand the game.

Somebody mentioned DCAing into bitcoin every month like bitcoin was a stock index fund.  That's foolish.  Someone with no understanding of the game.

It's the Greater Fool Theory in action.  A game of hot potato.  The Quick or the Dead.

I agree with most of this, but I would say that "speculating" can be both a long term or a short term activity. Its quite feasible to take a long term view on BTC, with the speculation being that in the long term it will gain significant value and adoption, regardless of short term sentiment shifts along the way...
« Last post by gib on Today at 12:05:29 AM »
Bitcoin has a mini rally and now the fanboys are back feeling like champions. Some of them clowns like poly act like borderline cultists. Gib, seems like a nice guy, but he gave himself up on here a few years. Bitcoin looked dead and he pretty much owned up to acting the part of a shill.

Lol, will not sure that I entirely agree with that. But yes, I was bullish on BTC last cycle. When you own BTC, you are incentivized to ensure others adopt it, become aware of it, and ideally purchase some of it. And yes I did sell at around the 15K mark suring that last cycle. Not because I didn't believe in BTC's long term potential, but because the rate of the increase seemed too sharp in the short term.

This time around, I plan to HODL long term, and I believe 2025 will be another stellar year, regardless at what happens in between. Having said  that, if I saw obvious signs of a manic sort term bubble, who knows, at a certain point I would need to reconsider my HODL. So, for example, eg BTC goes in a gradual rise to 500K over the next 5 years, I would likely HODL. If it got to 400K by the end of this year on the other hand, I might be tempted to sell, even though my long term outlook remains.

Gossip & Opinions / Re: Dragons Lair Gym
« Last post by French on Today at 12:00:48 AM »
Hassan should be Mr Olympia even if he doesn't compete.
Yes it’s Alcatraz here. It’s nicknamed “fortress Australia”.

The other day, 2 million people boarded U.S. flights for the first time since the pandemic started.

Australia has been slower than most other countries to immunize its population, with some high-risk groups crying out for protection.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10