Author Topic: What do you think of this car?  (Read 3826 times)

mcb650

• Getbig II
Re: What do you think of this car?
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »
I had a 95 Z28.  It was my first "fast" car and I was all about camaros back then.  Then GM killed the camaro and trans am citing poor sales, yet the mustang was a consistent seller despite being slower and less reliable.  Fact is that GM never pushed it liked ford pushed their mustang so that tells me GM turned it's back on the camaro enthusiast.  I turned my back on gm and I love my 03 Mach 1. 

Nice car though. 

I had the exact opposite experience. I've had a couple Mustangs, neither of them were new, and I never had any problem with either of them. My '98 Z-28 that I bought when it was new had a lot of problems. Maybe just bad luck.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »
I had the exact opposite experience. I've had a couple Mustangs, neither of them were new, and I never had any problem with either of them. My '98 Z-28 that I bought when it was new had a lot of problems. Maybe just bad luck.

In the past ford quality hasn't been great but in the last decade I think they're doing pretty good.  My Z28 had all kinds of problems but my Mach has been pretty much trouble free since I bought it.

mcb650

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 11:26:05 PM »
In the past ford quality hasn't been great but in the last decade I think they're doing pretty good.  My Z28 had all kinds of problems but my Mach has been pretty much trouble free since I bought it.

Yeah, I think part of the bad rep comes from the early 90's when everyone made such a big deal about the Japanese and how they were doing everything right economically and we were in the middle of a recession. They were huge competition in the auto market. I dunno, I've always figured that any car's gonna be pretty reliable if you take care of it.