Author Topic: Fat Burning vs Cardio  (Read 9431 times)

nolotil

• Getbig III
Re: Fat Burning vs Cardio
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »
At the same time, when observing competitive professional bodybuilders before a competition who work out at Golds in Venice-- you will still see them hit the treadmill at a very slow, near death walk after their brutal weight training.

Walk up to them when they win their placings and tell them that they could have done it better and differently. Make sure your bodyfat levels are low in the single digits when you confront them.

Better yet, interrupt their post-workout cardio sessions and tell them then...

look; what a drugged up pro does isnt relevant for most people..specially not naturals. aas lets you get away with alot of stuff you wouldnt asa natural. hell, you can grow without training if you take drugs.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »
i agree... what a ifbb pro on drugs does is far from what a natural should do.

At the same time, i also think many pros could benefit from thinking outside of the box and trying something different that might actually work better for them?

-A DUB

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »
At the same time, when observing competitive professional bodybuilders before a competition who work out at Golds in Venice-- you will still see them hit the treadmill at a very slow, near death walk after their brutal weight training.

Walk up to them when they win their placings and tell them that they could have done it better and differently. Make sure your bodyfat levels are low in the single digits when you confront them.

Better yet, interrupt their post-workout cardio sessions and tell them then...
::)

i see you have no answer to science so you continue to deflect  ::) good luck with that.
175lbs by 31st July

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
I don't understand what you mean by "reverse signal"? Lifting weights- breaks down muscle, fat, carbs... cardio ideally- breaks down more fat than anything else... both anerobic and areobic exercise are catabolic... what do u mean by reverse signal?

-A DUB

reverse signal: 'endurance adaptations' (among other things) which can be said to be the opposite of hypertrophy adaptations. lifting weights+amino acids stimulate protein synthesis to such a degree that you hopefully get a net gain of protein , thats how you grow. yes initially lifting weights is catabolic but when you ingest protein your become anabolic (simplified..there is always anabolism and catabolism at the same time but the ratio shifts to more anabolic for a while).

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 05:21:17 PM »
interesting stuff... im going to give it a try (seperate days for cardio and weight lifting)... only issue is that, while in school im only really getting into the gym 3-4 days per week... and i much prefer lifting weights than cardio!

so, i may only do cardio once or twice per week. hmm

-A DUB

not necessarily..just dont do the cardio  after weights. you can do cardio in the morning and weights in the evening. you dont have to go to the gym to do cardio. further what training goals do you have?. you have to look at the big picture. if its gaining muscle mass i would be careful with doing too much cardio..specially high intensity such as running and just stick with fast walking.

look its not that complicated: you workout with weights
3-4 days a week then you do cardio a few times per  week. if you wanna loose weight you make sure your in a caloric deficit..if you wanna gain weight you make sure your in a caloric surplus.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 07:16:17 AM »
I don't think my body's smart enough to send signals and whatnot.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2009, 04:16:54 PM »
I don't think my body's smart enough to send signals and whatnot.

it must be as you're alive  ;)