Author Topic: Question for religious people...  (Read 5067 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Question for religious people...
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 12:30:39 PM »

I did. My research, which was extensive, led to my belief. I couldn't invalidate the Bible. I tried *LOL*, however, to my surprise, I failed.

If you are a reasonable person, and not looking for excuses, yet are open minded, you will see the evidence to base this faith on.

I'm not sure where most of these religions get "blind faith" as a teaching, it's definitely not taught in the Bible.

GC/DEA_AGENT
Thats fine if youve questioned things that give cause for questioning and find reasons to believe one way or the other then imh thats fine. Its the ppl that have never questioned things that give cause to question simply b/c their religion says one thing. Honestly I think if anything questioning things actually strengthens your faith it doesnt diminish it

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »

I did. My research, which was extensive on a first grade level, led to my belief. I couldn't invalidate the Bible. I tried *LOL*, however, to my no one's surprise, I failed.

If you are a reasonable a stupid person, and not looking for excuses, yet are open close minded, you will see the evidence to base this faith on.

I'm not sure where most of these religions get "blind faith" as a teaching, it's definitely not taught in the Bible.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Multiple fixes.
I hate the State.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 04:30:52 AM »
I did. My research, which was extensive and on a first grade level, led to my belief. I couldn't invalidate the Bible. I tried *LOL*, however, to my no one's surprise, I failed.

If you are a reasonable a stupid person, and not looking for excuses, yet are open close minded, you will see the evidence to base this faith on.

Multiple fixes.

Fixed!  ;D

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 04:45:49 AM »
Honestly I think if anything questioning things actually strengthens your faith it doesnt diminish it

Good attitude! Are you familiar with the people of Beroea?

GC/DEA_AGENT

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »
ive said all along that what religion you are is mainly determined by what region you were raised

There is a lot of truth to what you state.  However, how do you account for the Christians throughout the world?  I do understand that one is more likely to be a Muslin if he or she was born in the Middle East.  But I say this.....and this is going to piss some folks off...that countries in the Middle East are no more Muslin than America is Christian.  That's not to say that there are no devout Muslin in the Middle East or devout Christians in America.  What I'm saying is the countries themselves (the leadership) do not practice what they preach.  We like to say, and most believe, that America was built on Christian principles.  That's simply not the case. 

I've had the chance to spend a little time in some Middle Eastern countries.  There are places with strict rules that are based on their beliefs.  I remember a male colleague who was apprehended by the police for hugging a female in a car.  At the same time, there are places for prostitution and other sinful (by their standards) acts. 

Sorry for getting long-winded, but I just firmly believe that where you come typically teaches a man's rituals.  It is only when a person seeks a personal relationship with God that learning begins.   

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 07:04:32 AM »
There is a lot of truth to what you state.  However, how do you account for the Christians throughout the world?  I do understand that one is more likely to be a Muslin if he or she was born in the Middle East.  But I say this.....and this is going to piss some folks off...that countries in the Middle East are no more Muslin than America is Christian.  That's not to say that there are no devout Muslin in the Middle East or devout Christians in America.  What I'm saying is the countries themselves (the leadership) do not practice what they preach.  We like to say, and most believe, that America was built on Christian principles.  That's simply not the case. 

I've had the chance to spend a little time in some Middle Eastern countries.  There are places with strict rules that are based on their beliefs.  I remember a male colleague who was apprehended by the police for hugging a female in a car.  At the same time, there are places for prostitution and other sinful (by their standards) acts. 

Sorry for getting long-winded, but I just firmly believe that where you come typically teaches a man's rituals.  It is only when a person seeks a personal relationship with God that learning begins.   

Really good points here!
R