Author Topic: Oksana Grishina  (Read 37300 times)

kszep

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Oksana Grishina
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2007, 12:26:52 PM »
Pointing the IFBB rules is rediculous since it is obvious (as CQ mentioned) that no one (including top competitors) completely accells in all the components listed.  The amazing thing about Oksana is that she could.
I mean, look at her physique and tell me that she isn't capable of displaying her "cardiovascular endurance" that I am certain she has.  While some may enjoy an upbeat routine, I tend to enjoy watching someone execute movements/dance that I find impossible.  Maybe she scored first because the judges realize that any pro who made it to that level has cardiovascular endurance, but few have all the other qualities she posesses. 
Actually, it doesn't matter what we all think because the bottom line is that we are all writing about her which means she is doing something to catch attention (in a respectable way).  Us cheerleader-types better step up our game ;)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »
"fitfan007" gets the award for most narrow-minded posts of the year. Congrats.

Elevate Your Image.™

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2007, 07:49:42 PM »
I am biased yes, but I do find fitness about a million times more entertaining than figure, think it has a wider appeal and hope that somehow it can be 'resurrected'. Btw, I saw Julie's routine on youtube and it was very good. I am highly envious of her gymnastic skills >:(

To be clear I am *not* criticizing either Tanji or Adela as...well they are approximately a million times better than I will ever be, and I think they are both beyond fabulous, but unless something has changed since I last saw their routines I would not exactly say they have gymnastics skills....at least not comparable to say Kim Klein, or girls from way back like Mia, Klaudia or Kelly. Include ppl like Tracey Greenwood, and former Ms O Saryn Muldrow in the non-gymnast category too. They all have every other element down to a extremely superior level imo however. Which is my point with Oksana, her routine could use speeding up, there is no dispute there...but all other elements are of a very high standard. Who is to say which element is more vital? The girl who has them all but lacks cardio display? The girl who has them all but lacks gymnastics? The girl who has them all but can't dance? :-\

I think some may also be cultural. Americans tend to do a more upbeat type routine whereas some of us international folks tend to use a more artistic type of presentation. Different styles, one not per se better than the other...just depends on personal taste....and all the different styles from Hendershots quirky moves, Greenwoods strengh, Oksana's artistry etc...is what makes it good. A ton of performances all the same is not as appealing imo.

It's a fitness competition, not a freestyle gymnastics show so who cares if there gymnastics level isn't up to par with a gold medalists LOL.  So no they may not have a high level of gymnastics, but they still incorporate back handsprings, back tucks etc and they still manage to bring high energy, difficult strength elements, dance, flexibility and need I say more??  That is what impresses me with them.  THEY DO IT ALL....little bit of everything, not so heavy in just one area.

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2007, 07:56:50 PM »
Deserve to score...well in this sport, that's a pretty funny statement.  Have you EVER judged a show?  If you had said someone didn't deserve to win a race because they got a higher time, that's one thing, but saying someone didn't deserve the nod during the routine round, in this very subjective sport sounds a little well, single minded

Personally, I like the more high energy/gymnastic style routines, then again, that's my flavor - not yours.
For you to tell someone they should like vanilla, just because you like vanilla, well that's just not the way this sport works. 

KGM, I'll have to admit, she has been drawing attention...if you could get past that language barrier, it would be one heck of an interview.  I really wonder what SHE has to say about all of this LOL!

Rick

Ofcourse this sport is objective.  That's why no one will ever be right or wrong it's all opinionated.  I'm not telling anyone what to think, I'm putting my opinion out here just like everyone else so get off my nutz!  I never said she sucked or anything...just don't think her routine was the BEST.  Damn I didn't even say it was the worst.  WTF??

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »
"fitfan007" gets the award for most narrow-minded posts of the year. Congrats.

Dude get a grip.....not everybody has a shrine of Oksana in their bedroom.  I'm not here to by politically correct.....and try to please everyone...I thought this was a public forum where opinions could be expressed???  Didn't know I was suppose to be making friends??

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2007, 08:09:26 PM »
You're out of you mind. I shot with Oksana last night and will post some of the photos to show you how incredibly ignorant you sound by saying she has a "weak physique". I asked her what she thinks about people saying her routine is not fast enough and it's easier to do than some of the other competitors. She laughed and said that's okay. She will have a new routine at the Arnold. I also ask Juliana Malacarne what she thought of her routine (Juliana has multiple fitness wins before turning pro and switching to figure). She too said it is much more difficult to do a routine like Oksana's then any of the others. Variety is good with the routines and there were a number of routines that were awesome.

The judges all seemed to agree with fanboy Lift that it was what fitness is about or she wouldn't have received the score she did.

Well I've never seen Juliana hit some of the difficult elements that I've seen in a fitness routine these days so her opinion's not worth much to me....and did she ever win any big shows?? ANYWAYS.  I can say as a professional dancer and choreographer of fitness routines, that Oksana's routine was definately no way near harder than say....Adela's, Kim Klein, Tanji, Julie etc....NO WAY.  I could do Oksana's routine and not even be in shape!  especially at the pace she did it.  Was she even breathing hard?? hahahaha

Ha I know this post is totally pissing you off!  EAT IT  ahahahahah

Oh and ....her physique is a little weak, she's got potential though.  I can't wait to see what she brings at the Arnold.....I"m ready to be wowed b/c I'm sure she has the talent to do it, and I will be the first one to give her a high five when she does!!!!  SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2007, 08:15:18 PM »
Dude get a grip.....not everybody has a shrine of Oksana in their bedroom.  I'm not here to by politically correct.....and try to please everyone...I thought this was a public forum where opinions could be expressed???  Didn't know I was suppose to be making friends??
You are more than entitled to your opinion but to state her routine doesn't belong on a fitness stage is the most asinine comment you could make.
Elevate Your Image.™

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2007, 09:01:45 PM »
Hope springs a kernel.

Denny Crane.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2007, 03:05:01 PM »
Ridiculous children. I do not cry, I laugh. ENVY is a defect..

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2007, 03:16:42 PM »
Ridiculous children. I do not cry, I laugh. ENVY is a defect..

less wise sayings. more PICS.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2007, 01:35:03 AM »

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2007, 10:34:58 AM »
Nice pics!  ;)
Here's another....

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2007, 10:45:59 PM »
You are more than entitled to your opinion but to state her routine doesn't belong on a fitness stage is the most asinine comment you could make.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and that routine was NOT a fitness routine, it was a theatrical performance. 

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2007, 01:09:28 PM »
All is not well in Schmoetown.   :'(

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2007, 01:53:08 PM »
You have no idea what you're talking about, and that routine was NOT a fitness routine, it was a theatrical performance. 
::) Who are you to decide what is or isn't a fitness routine?

I guess the judges at the Olympia had it all wrong too.
Elevate Your Image.™

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2007, 06:43:41 PM »
::) Who are you to decide what is or isn't a fitness routine?

I guess the judges at the Olympia had it all wrong too.

They usually do.
How would you explain athlete placing out of top 15 at one show and then 2 weeks later place 3rd in another and then few weeks later at the Olympia 7th place and that is with the same routine, same physique and against best girls in the world.
As Shwan Ray would say "things that make you go hhhmmm"

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2007, 08:21:09 PM »
They usually do.
How would you explain athlete placing out of top 15 at one show and then 2 weeks later place 3rd in another and then few weeks later at the Olympia 7th place and that is with the same routine, same physique and against best girls in the world.
As Shwan Ray would say "things that make you go hhhmmm"
Different physique - different judges. Pretty simple.

Elevate Your Image.™

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2007, 05:05:01 AM »
Different physique - different judges. Pretty simple.

Sure

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2007, 01:53:43 PM »
Practice... True...

ENTER   
I'm strong enough to hold you on my shoulders ... again and again ...

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »
Judges are always getting it wrong!!! duhhhh can't believe you even said that LOL

Alex

• Getbig IV

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2007, 01:46:36 AM »

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »
Oksana Grishina, last photos, NY
BEAUTY!!

ENTER   
I'm strong enough to hold you on my shoulders ... again and again ...

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2008, 12:39:51 PM »
Oksana Grishina, last photos, NY
BEAUTY!!

Imagevenue isn't working properly at the moment.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »
Imagevenue isn't working properly at the moment.
::)