Author Topic: Oksana Grishina  (Read 37348 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Oksana Grishina
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »
i heard so much about Oksanas routine and when i watched the webcast  with somefriends, i was not really blown away. too slow, too artistic, not enough power movements, weak phisique. she definately brings something different to the stage, but that is not fitness.
fitness is combination of fit phisique and display on stage. maybe not hip hop, but definately not balet movements and acting on stage. it's nice to see a change but that was not fitness.
i think that there are many girls that are better. she is not in the same league as jen hendershott, adela, tracey, kim and the girl from team universe erin, who rocked the house with her routine.
You're out of you mind. I shot with Oksana last night and will post some of the photos to show you how incredibly ignorant you sound by saying she has a "weak physique". I asked her what she thinks about people saying her routine is not fast enough and it's easier to do than some of the other competitors. She laughed and said that's okay. She will have a new routine at the Arnold. I also ask Juliana Malacarne what she thought of her routine (Juliana has multiple fitness wins before turning pro and switching to figure). She too said it is much more difficult to do a routine like Oksana's then any of the others. Variety is good with the routines and there were a number of routines that were awesome.

The judges all seemed to agree with fanboy Lift that it was what fitness is about or she wouldn't have received the score she did.

Elevate Your Image.™

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »
FANBOY LIFT!   LOL!  Absolutely priceless!

The judges all seemed to agree with fanboy Lift that it was what fitness is about or she wouldn't have received the score she did.

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 01:00:52 PM »
i heard so much about Oksanas routine and when i watched the webcast  with somefriends, i was not really blown away. too slow, too artistic, not enough power movements, weak phisique. she definately brings something different to the stage, but that is not fitness.
fitness is combination of fit phisique and display on stage. maybe not hip hop, but definately not balet movements and acting on stage. it's nice to see a change but that was not fitness.
i think that there are many girls that are better. she is not in the same league as jen hendershott, adela, tracey, kim and the girl from team universe erin, who rocked the house with her routine.

I laugh. Study rules!!! Fitness - not aerobics and not sports gymnastics!!

You're out of you mind. I shot with Oksana last night and will post some of the photos to show you how incredibly ignorant you sound by saying she has a "weak physique". I asked her what she thinks about people saying her routine is not fast enough and it's easier to do than some of the other competitors. She laughed and said that's okay. She will have a new routine at the Arnold. I also ask Juliana Malacarne what she thought of her routine (Juliana has multiple fitness wins before turning pro and switching to figure). She too said it is much more difficult to do a routine like Oksana's then any of the others. Variety is good with the routines and there were a number of routines that were awesome.

She laughed and said that's okay. She will have a new routine at the Arnold.
- RESPECT KSIUHA!!!

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »
I definitely would not fault Oksana's physique - take a look at the quad separation in the pics during her routine.  That's the kind of look we're pushing.

Variety is good and I enjoyed her routine.  But I agree with the many who have said that it would be better to see more strength moves and cardio challenges, etc.  The challenge for everyone is to combine artistry/dance and strength/gymnastics at the same time.  We all have our individual preferencs, and Myriam's routine was one of my favorites (check out the video of Myriam's routine HERE).  If it's just about dance and artistry then there are a lot of gorgeous, muscular former ballet dancers out there who would probably like to take a shot.  I think Oksana's routine was top five, but not the best.  If she's able to combine artistry with more strength and gymnastics moves, along with a high-energy component, at the Arnold then we'll really have something amazing to talk about.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 01:20:08 PM »
Fitness-program should like spectators. Spectators - consumers fitness-industry. To photographing for ALL people will invite sportwoman-ACTRESS, instead of the idol which can well make jumps, skip, somersault. Forgive for my disgusting English

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »
The only reason that I would say Oksana's routine does not completely fit the "fitness" component of the routine round is because of something I was told regarding my own routine.  I too am a former gymnast, and when developing my routine, I really wanted to do something different compared to the normal "cheerleading" type routines with hip-hop or pop music.  I always competed to very dramatic or powerful music as a gymnast, and wanted to do the same thing in fitness.  Well, the first time I competed the routine (mind you, this is the "metallica routine"), I was told that it was too slow and needed "more energy."  With that, I tried to make the necessary changes to meet the standards for the routine (strength, flexibility and cardio endurance) without changing the overall tone/core of the routine, and what I came up with is what was displayed at Team U and the AC Pro.  It worked out for the best, as the routine ended up scoring well, but like I said, I did have to change the tempo of it in some parts to make it more "high energy."  Basically, I guess its all about taking what you feel you do best (performance wise) and making it fit into the given criteria for the fitness routine rounds.

With that being said, the judges seem to be rewarding her for her style of routine, so if I were her...why change it?

I also think Oksana displayed her best physique to date at the Olympia.  Just out of curiousity, to anyone who was there....is her 45 second routine similar to her 2 minute, or does she use a different style for this routine?

Oh, and thanks so much to NPCfigureChick for the nice commet about my routine at Team U!   :)

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 01:25:01 PM »
I also think Oksana displayed her best physique to date at the Olympia.

kszep

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
Being one of the athletes with the "upbeat" cheering type routine, I have to say I am actually quite jealous of her routine and if I could do one like it, I would.  In my opinion, someone like Oksana could easliy perform a high-energy routine, while someone like me can not perform a routine like hers.  Can anyone look at her routine and actually think for a second that she is not capable of doing the typical IFBB routine?  Of course, someone who can move like she did can also jump around like we do.  She just chose to do things differently and they loved it.  It's a breath of fresh air.  Now if we can only see some new blood like her's place in the top 6-that would be even better...

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 02:36:06 PM »
Being one of the athletes with the "upbeat" cheering type routine, I have to say I am actually quite jealous of her routine and if I could do one like it, I would.  In my opinion, someone like Oksana could easliy perform a high-energy routine, while someone like me can not perform a routine like hers.  Can anyone look at her routine and actually think for a second that she is not capable of doing the typical IFBB routine?  Of course, someone who can move like she did can also jump around like we do.  She just chose to do things differently and they loved it.  It's a breath of fresh air.  Now if we can only see some new blood like her's place in the top 6-that would be even better...

I agree a breath of fresh air is nice and I would also like to see new blood break top 6!!!

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 03:06:23 PM »
not to take anything away from her, but like you said her best physique to date, but is it good enough to place 7th
i also find it interesting how she went from 16th at europa to 7th at the olympia and probably was judged by same judges or atleast most and not to forget that europa didnt have jenny, kim, adela, tracey
different is good for the sport but i still belive she displayed great acrobatics and theater rather than fitness and not to forget that her body is almost completely covered during the entire routine
if different is what the sport needs then antoinette norman should've placed higher in bodybuilding, dave henry should've been higher thats for sure and valerie waugaman would be closer to jenny lynn than sonia adcock

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 09:41:16 PM »
Her routine might be "different" but I don't feel that this kind of difference is necessarily a good trend to start.  Part of the FIT in FITness is performing difficult moves when you can't breathe.  Not to take anything away from Oksana, I know she works very hard and her routine is very expressive.  I just hope that the high energy routines prevail in the future, being that the energy is an important part of the judging criteria.

Your kidding ..right??
JM

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 09:59:28 PM »
from 16th at europa to 7th at the olympia and probably was judged by same judges or atleast most and not to forget that europa didnt have jenny, kim, adela, tracey
  :-\ adela won the europa and there were only a couple of the same judges. It's pretty clear her routine was overlooked at that show.
Elevate Your Image.™

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 05:34:24 AM »
  :-\ adela won the europa and there were only a couple of the same judges. It's pretty clear her routine was overlooked at that show.

physique can sometimes be overlooked but not the routine, especially a routine that places first in the next 2 shows including olympia
what happened was is oksana got positive response, since her routine was different and everyone is sick of same old, so from political point you have a good looking european girl with a "different" approach, which simply makes it more interesting, but just like the winner in spain who was critisized for lack of power moves, oksana is the same but for various reasons she got special treatment
i never seen anything like athlete placing out of top 15 in one show and then moving to 3rd two weeks later with same routine against mostly same competition and in front of the same judges and then few weeks later 7th in the biggest show beating seasoned pros with much more balanced physiques

dacof

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »
"physique can sometimes be overlooked but not the routine"

Actually, I have been at more then one show where the whole judging panel talked through and ignored more then one fitness routine. They actually never even looked at the poor girls performing.
We all know the judging is very 'inconsistent' to say the least. I actually find it kind of nice to see that they acknowledge their mistake and corrected it for the olympia. Perhaps at the Europa it was her routine they were ignoring.......

Anyway,  I have heard from many that unfortunately much of the placings are determined before the girls even perform their 2 min routines. Which is a bummer since they work so hard on them.

I wish Oksana the best...she is a great athlete with a great physique!

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 12:33:24 PM »
"physique can sometimes be overlooked but not the routine"

Actually, I have been at more then one show where the whole judging panel talked through and ignored more then one fitness routine. They actually never even looked at the poor girls performing.
We all know the judging is very 'inconsistent' to say the least. I actually find it kind of nice to see that they acknowledge their mistake and corrected it for the olympia. Perhaps at the Europa it was her routine they were ignoring.......

Anyway,  I have heard from many that unfortunately much of the placings are determined before the girls even perform their 2 min routines. Which is a bummer since they work so hard on them.

I wish Oksana the best...she is a great athlete with a great physique!

I wish Oksana the best...she is a great athlete with a great physique! - Gold words

Alex

• Getbig IV

mjsbroda

• Getbig I
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

I agree. I think the fact that it is something new, that everyone can't stop talking about it.  I think she is a great athlete, but this kind of routine does not belong.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2007, 12:30:25 PM »
Oksana is more than capable of performing a different routine. What most people don't know is that she choreographs other competitor's routines. She recently worked with Margarita Belinskaya, who won the fitness routine round at the year's Worlds.

If any women wish to improve their routine, I'd suggest contacting Oksana on theirs, as it is something she is obviously very good at.

Elevate Your Image.™

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »
isaac you kidding right?
your interest is beyond obvious now
i remember when alex was posting links to oksanas routine before she even competed here and you were making fun of his "love for the russian lady" and now you number one fan

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2007, 08:04:35 PM »
isaac you kidding right?
i remember when alex was posting links to oksanas routine before she even competed here and you were making fun of his "love for the russian lady" and now you number one fan

what's wrong w his "interest"?  isn't that the pt, to get people's interest?  or are you one of those people who would like to do frantic routines in an ivory tower far away from the realities of the world?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2007, 08:11:06 PM »
isaac you kidding right?
I help many people. People were on my case last year around this time for promoting Juliana. I'm sure you'll be on my case for someone next year. I like to see solid people with amazing talent do well and get the exposure they deserve. I don't spam the boards with every photo I have of them or say they are the best. Oksana has some work to do on her physique to move past some of those in front of her but she is a tremendous asset to the industry and why the hate towards something positive?

I guess you'd rather piss and moan than embrace something good.
Elevate Your Image.™

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2007, 05:35:22 AM »
and you rather kiss ass than be objective

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2007, 07:47:38 AM »
and you rather kiss ass than be objective
Do you read before you post?

You're sounding like a bitterNPCFigureChick, is it because you haven't become IFBBFigureChick?

Elevate Your Image.™

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2007, 07:58:42 AM »
Oksana reminds me of Jessie from 'Saved by the Bell". Sorry just passed by it while channel surfing   8)

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2007, 12:06:28 PM »
Do you read before you post?

You're sounding like a bitterNPCFigureChick, is it because you haven't become IFBBFigureChick?

is that best you can do?
i am objective, not bitter
and you are? well we know the answer