Author Topic: MMA/Fighting news-thread!  (Read 37491 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: MMA/Fighting news-thread!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 11:44:36 AM »
Dan Henderson wants to stay at 205 while the UFC wants him to drop to 185 for another unification match. Henderson only has one fight left on his current contract.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »
Sean Sherk passed a lie detector test saying that he did not knowingly use steroids. While certainly not conclusive, it can’t hurt his chances at getting his suspension over turned or at the very least reduced.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2007, 12:33:24 AM »
More Details On The End Of HBO & UFC Negotiations

HBO, UFC Part Ways

Carriage Negotiations Break Down After Lengthy Negotiations

R. THomas Umstead -- Multichannel News

The long-rumored distribution deal between Home Box Office and Ultimate Fighting Championship has been KO’d.

The premium service said it will not air live UFC combat sports eventson its network in the near future, ending more than a year of negotiations.

“After lots of discussion it became apparent that the business model doesn’t make sense for either one of us. So we agreed to go our separate ways,” said HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg in a statement. “You never know what the future holds. We have enormous respect and admiration for the executives we dealt with at the UFC. We wish them well.”

HBO has been in talks with UFC about carrying live UFC events on the 28-million subscriber pay service, but sources close to both sides said the discussions had heated up over the past two months. In fact, UFC President Dana White was quoted in the Miami Herald this past August guaranteeing a HBO/UFC deal by the end of 2007, saying that it would “definitely be in place for a winter fight.”

Representatives for the UFC could not be reached for comment at press time.

The HBO/UFC breakdown could bode well for Spike TV, which is hoping to extend its deal with the UFC �" which includes the popular reality series The Ultimate Fighter �" before it expires sometime next year.

The network’s Sept. 8 airing of the UFC 75 event featuring UFC light-heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson drew 4.7 million viewers, the most watched UFC event ever in North America and the most-watched non-World Wrestling Entertainment show in Spike's history, according to the network.

Spike officials said the network is “optimistic” it can reach an accord with the combat sports outfit.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 03:11:41 AM »
Cesar Gracie protégé Jake Shields will face Xtreme Couture welterweight Mike “Quicksand” Pyle at the next EliteXC event Saturday, Nov. 10, according to Shields’ father and manager, Jack Shields. Event location and additional match-ups have not been announced.
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 10:09:38 AM »
Hero's has added Ikuhisa Minowa, Bernard Ackah, Dae Won Kim and Shungo Oyama Oyama as participants for its "Olympia Hero's 2007 in Korea" event on October 28.

Yoshihiro Akiyama, Denis Kang, Dong Sik Yoon, Taiei Kin were previously announced as participants.

FIGHT CARD:

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. TBA
Denis Kang vs. TBA
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. TBA
Bernard Ackah vs. TBA
Dae Won Kim vs. TBA
Shungo Oyama vs. TBA
Dong sik Yoon vs. TBA
Taiei Kin vs. TBA

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »
Dean Lister will fight Jordan Radev at UFC 79 on December 29.

Lister is returning from a loss to Nate Marquardt at UFC Fight Night Live 8 on January 25. He spent time this summer training with Team Cro Cop in Croatia and will be training for his return at Xtreme Couture Las Vegas with UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture.

Radev, an Olympic wrestler from Bulgaria, makes his own return from a :33 second knockout loss to Drew McFedries at UFC Fight Night 10 in June.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
Gracie Proving Ground
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu, HI

Kaika Sasaoka def. Jody Mesiona via sub (armbar) - R1
Dean Lista def. Daniel Devers via sub (rear naked choke) - R1
Brian Harper def. James Stanford via sub (guillotine choke) - R1
Vanoscar Penvaroff def. Gerald Arevalo via sub (guillotine choke) - R1
Kana Hyatt def. Duke Sarigosa via KO - R1
David Chew def. Kevin Grace via sub (rear naked choke) - R1
Pono Pananganan def. Ferrid Kheder via split decision
Michael Brightmon def. Ron Verdadero via unanimous decision
Billy Hall def. Fabio Prado via split decision
Chris Henriques def. Kimo Wolfel via sub (armbar) - R1
Jeremiah O'Neal def. David Padilla via sub (guillotine choke) - R1
Bryson Kamaka def. Israel Gomes via KO - R1
Shane Nelson def. Harris Sarmiento via unanimous decision
Koa Ramos def. Rhalan Gracie via KO - R1

Notes: Eastsidaz Gym's Koa Ramos knocked out Rhalan Gracie with a right hook at 2 minutes and 44 seconds of the first round. Rhalan is the son of Gracie Fighting Championships (GFC) and Gracie Proving Ground (GPG) promoter Relson... Selected winners from this event will appear on a future GFC pay-per-view card.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 10:36:38 AM »
Luke Caudillo on Friday confirmed to MMAWeekly that he has accepted a bout with Marcus Aurelio for the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s Nov. 17 event in Newark, N.J. Though not officially announced, the bout is expected to round out the fight card at the Prudential Center.

“We were looking more at December,” said Caudillo on the timing of the fight, “but it sounds like they offered this to a lot of guys and nobody really wanted to take it. So I said, ‘Let’s do it man. I’m a fighter.’”

Having fought his way into the UFC by way of the hard-nosed regional promotions of the Midwest, Caudillo realizes that Aurelio’s jiu-jitsu prowess and top-level experience makes the fight a difficult task.

“He’s an awesome jiu-jitsu guy,” he said of the American Top Team black belt. “And, I mean, he’s fought Gomi, you know. He’s one of the best.”

Aurelio and Caudillo are on equal footing when it comes to the UFC though, as both men lost their Octagon debuts.

In fact, Aurelio’s loss to Clay Guida at UFC 74 in August extended his losing streak to three, dating back to June of 2006.

Caudillo, meanwhile, had a two-fight winning streak snapped in his unanimous decision loss to Nate Mohr at UFC Fight Night 10 in Hollywood, Fla. back in June. But he still takes on a positive outlook from the experience.

“I’m kind of glad it’s out of the way. I didn’t think I was going to get the (first time) jitters, but as soon as the lights hit and the cameras rolled, I was a little nervous. So it’s good to have that out of the way.”

Now Caudillo can just focus on the task at hand, and having lost in his debut, he knows that this task is more than just Aurelio.

“It’s a ‘must win’ for me right now because I want to stay in the UFC.”

Earlier this week, the UFC made official a headline bout between Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping, as well as four more bouts to complete the planned UFC 78 pay-per-view fights.

Evans vs. Bisping marks the first time that two season-winners from The Ultimate Fighter will face each other in the Octagon.

UFC 78 is scheduled for Nov. 17 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Officially announced bouts for UFC 78:
–Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping
–Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
–David Terrell vs. Ed Herman
–Karo Parisyan vs. Hector Lombard
–Frankie Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher

Other UFC 78 bouts, not yet officially announced:
–Thiago Alves vs. Ryo Chonan
–Akihiro Gono vs. Tamdan McCrory
–Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
–Luke Caudillo vs. Marcus Aurelio

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »
Last Saturday night at Strikeforce at the Mansion, Gilbert Melendez, ranked as the No. 3 lightweight in the world by MMAWeekly.com, defeated Tetsuji Kato by unanimous decision. The interesting thing about how he beat Kato was that he did it with practically one hand.

It was noticeable after the first round that Melendez was reluctant to use his right hand, but that didn't stop the California native from dominating.

“It was … an injury I've had for a little bit, it just kind of lingered and never really went away. Right when I dropped him the first time was the first time I heard it,” explained Melendez of the injury. “I was able to punch and throw it a little bit more. But into the second round, midway through, I threw it at the top of the guys head, I knew I couldn't throw it anymore.”

He kept Kato at bay with some good ground and pound and effective striking, but Melendez felt things would likely have happened much differently with two good hands.

“I think I could've finished him ... I could've done a lot more. I tried. Hopefully, I'll have a better performance next time.”

The question on many fans’ minds about Melendez is the severity of the injury.

“I got it x-rayed. The guy said I was lucky. No break. Just a lot of swelling. I'm getting a sonogram … to make sure there are no torn tendons.”

While Melendez's hand is healing, the big question is when can we see him fight again. After all, his last fight prior to the Playboy Mansion was nine months ago and fans don’t want to see him on the shelf for that long again.

“I believe there's a Strikeforce in November,” Melendez commented. “If I'm healthy and I'm ready to go, I wouldn't mind jumping on there. I'm in good shape. I want to keep fighting.”

Josh Thomson was also successful on Saturday night with a first round stoppage of Adam Lynn. He recently mentioned his desire to fight Melendez – even though they are friends and have trained together – once the right terms were set.

“I guess I'm on the same page as him, too,” Melendez said of the match-up. “I know it would be a hell of a fight. I think everyone is going to get their money's worth and I hope we get our money's worth, too. I think it'll be a great fight. I'm pretty sure it would happen within a year.”

Another impressive fighter from the Strikeforce event was Jorge Masvidal, who has also had some very successful fights against tough fighters like Yves Edwards, Joe Lauzon and Keith Wisniewski. Melendez agrees that a bout with Masvidal could be on the table soon.

“He's pretty hungry. I was just watching his fight and I was really impressed. He's definitely a guy who has potential. It'd be a great fight, too. That's definitely a possibility now.”

A lot has been made recently of the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s dominance of the American mixed martial arts scene. But Strikeforce proved last Saturday night that the UFC isn't the only promotion capable of putting on quality shows.

Melendez was well compensated for his fight; according to the California State Athletic Commission, he was paid $30,000 for his victory against Kato. The event was also streamed live on Yahoo! Sports. Melendez doesn’t seem to feel he’s missed the boat by not fighting in the UFC.

“When you prove yourself as a fighter, you don't have to settle. I guess some people have to jump on opportunities. There are a lot of organizations out there … taking care of their fighters. When people used to ask me why I wasn't in the UFC, it used to bother me. Now I'm like, I don't know, maybe someday.”

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »
JOACHIM HANSEN FIGHTING IN LIMBO

Owning a 15-5-1 professional mixed martial arts record and ranked as one of the top ten lightweight fighters in the world, Joachim Hansen should be at the forefront of the lightweight division. But due to contractual issues, he has had to sit by on the sidelines for the better part of 2007 and has shifted his recent focus to kickboxing.

Hansen was under contract with Pride Fighting Championships at the time of its buyout by the Fertitta brothers, who also are majority owners of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He didn’t go into the details of his contract, but Hansen has had to sit the sidelines instead of abiding by the details of a contract that was done well before the promotion changed hands.

“Until I do a new contract with a new organization in MMA, I have to do what I can,” said Hansen. “So a lot of people back in Norway helped a lot getting kickboxing started up. I’m going to stay warm that way until something happens with my MMA career.”

There has been much speculation regarding his career, including talks of Hansen resurfacing soon in one of the other Japanese promotions, but if that isn’t possible, he may have to be content kickboxing for the remainder of the year until his contract runs out on Dec. 31.

“I’m going to talk to some people soon and maybe something will happen. (But) I don’t know so much, so I can’t tell you too much,” commented Hansen on the possibility of fighting elsewhere in 2007.

Until he’s able to line up anything else, Hansen will continue to sustain himself with kickboxing bouts, running his school and preparing and cornering his students in their fights.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »
Grapplers will go at it in a special edition of the 40th anniversary of Sports at the Wachovia Spectrum in which Boxing was the first Sporting event! Grapplers from Team Balance here in Philadelphia will be featured in the Grappling matches. The card will feature 7 Old School Philly Boxing matches with the PA Light Heavyweight Championship and the intro to Grappling and what you see on TV in Philly! UFC Star and former Champ Andrei Arvloski will appear at the fight as well as Congressman Bob Brady, Tim Witherspoon,newly Eleced Judge in Philly Jackie Frazier and Frank Stallone! Tickets comcasttix.com

Where:Reading Terminal Market
When:Wednesday October 10 at 12:00 P.M.
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »
"Countdown to UFC 77" will premiere on Spike TV on Tuesday, October 16th at 11:00PM ET/PT, previewing the top matches on the "Hostile Territory" card scheduled to emanate from Ohio on October 20th, airing live on pay-per view.

You'll see previews of the Middleweight title rematch fight between champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva and former champion-turned-challenger Rich "Ace" Franklin, as well as the Heavyweight featured attraction - Brandon Vera vs. Tim Sylvia.

Replays of "Countdown to UFC 77" will air on Friday, 10/19 at 11:00PM and again on Saturday, 10/20 (the day of the event) at 6:00PM.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »
The following are the current online betting odds from BetUs.com for the upcoming UFC 77 "Hostile Territory" event scheduled for October 20th in Ohio:

-Anderson Silva (-220) vs. Rich Franklin (+175)

-Brandon Vera (-185) vs. Tim Sylvia (+145)

-Jason MacDonald (+190) vs. Yushin Okami (-240)

-Kalib Starnes (-145) vs. Alan Belcher (+115)

Those are the only four bouts with open betting lines at the moment.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 04:25:57 AM »
No Limit Fighting’s promoter Phil Flahters confirms to nobody’s surprise Nick Diaz is off the upcoming “Brawl for it All” card in San Francisco. What is surprising is Nick’s replacement to fight Mark Moreno is Dennis Hallman.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »
Melvin Guillard is set to return to action in the Ultimate Fighting Championship against rival Rich Clementi. Sources close to the fight confirmed to MMAWeekly on Monday that the two will meet at UFC 79 on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas.
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »
The following is an article from UFCDaily.com:

Earlier today rumors surfaced that former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir may square off with Fabricio Werdum at UFC 79 in December. A source close to one of the fighters informed UFCDaily.com this afternoon that there is “no truth” to the rumors.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2007, 03:29:31 AM »
The International Fight League has had to make a few changes to its World Grand Prix scheduled for Nov. 3 at the Sears Centre in Chicago. Heavyweight Ben Rothwell and light heavyweight Mike Whitehead will not be fighting as planned.

According to commissioner Kurt Otto, the situation stems from contract negotiations for the 2008 season. He indicated that both sides agreed that neither should fight for a belt in the organization – which is the focus of the Grand Prix’s four-man tournament format – if they were not guaranteed to remain in the IFL for the next season.

Rothwell and Whitehead are both represented by Monte Cox.

“We had confirmation [from their management]* that they were going to stay and they would sign, so they would stay in the Grand Prix,” said Otto. “The terms were agreed upon and the message was clear. … Their management changed gears. We said that if they don’t sign by [a certain] time, then we would be forced to pull them from the Grand Prix.”

And that is exactly what has happened. Both fighters have been removed from their respective brackets.

“We couldn’t let our Grand Prix be held hostage,” Otto stated.

In the case of the heavyweight division, Rothwell’s removal means that Reese Andy will face Roy Nelson in one half of the bracket and alternate Bryan Vetell will be inserted to face Antoine Jaoude in the other half.

The matter is entirely different in light heavyweight division. In addition to Whitehead, several of the other top 205-pounders in the league are unable to compete on Nov. 3 for various reasons, so fans will be treated to the first individual title fight in the IFL’s history at the Sears Centre.

Vladimir Matyushenko will face Alex Schoenauer for the light heavyweight belt without having to fight through the tournament format.

“It’s arbitrary, but it’s great to have a title fight on the line,” said Otto. “We’ll be showing it live on TV.

“We’ll have Benji Radach vs. Brent Beauperlant, Chris Horodecki vs. Bart Palaszewski, and then Vladdy vs. Shoenauer on the live broadcast [on MyNetworkTV]. And if we have some fast finishes, we’ll [show] even more fights for free.”

There had also been recent speculation that welterweight Jay Hieron, also represented by Cox, may be leaving the IFL. Otto stated that Hieron has signed for the 2008 season and remains in the Grand Prix.

His initial opponent, Mark Miller, has re-injured his hand, however, and had to withdraw. The re-shuffled 170-pound brackets now pit Hieron against Pat Healy, as Brad Blackburn steps in to face Delson Heleno.

“At the end of the day,” said Otto, “Monte has to do what he thinks is right for each athlete individually, but I’m disappointed.

“We’re in this for the long term. This isn’t a hotel. You can’t just check-in and then check-out. We want consistency in our league.”

Despite not signing to the initially agreed upon terms, Otto indicated that he would still like to have Rothwell and Whitehead back for the 2008 season and remains hopeful that it will happen. He also said that both fighters are still under contract with the IFL for the remainder of the year. They have not been released.

Representatives for Rothwell and Whitehead were unavailable for comment at the time of publication.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 03:31:04 AM »
Frank Shamrock, coach of the International Fight League's San Jose Razorclaws, told MMAWeekly on Wednesday that he has been released by the organization and his team removed from the roster.

"They said they were going a different direction with their business,” stated the current Strikeforce and former Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight titleholder. “They're good people and they're a good company. They've got a hard road ahead of them. I'm still willing to help in any way because they treated me real good."

The Razorclaws will not be a part of the 2008 IFL season, but Shamrock believes that at least one of his fighters will carry over elsewhere in the league.

"I think they cut everybody but Brian Foster and he's in the Grand Prix, so he's got his chance coming up. I think they're going to reassign him to a new team. He's got a couple of teams that he has the option to go to."

Kurt Otto, commissioner of the IFL, had indicated that changes were forthcoming when he held a recent conference call with the media. Instead of initial plans that called for the league to expand from its current stable of 12 to 16 teams in 2008, he stated, “We're pretty much going to hold ground at twelve teams, (but) we've already added two coaches into our league as far as Mario Sperry and Ian Freeman, who have already started building their teams. They're going to be replacing two existing coaches.”

He continued, "Those two are going to be replacing certain teams which we're going to be announcing in the next two to three weeks. Even though two or three teams [are] leaving, we're still going to keep certain athletes of those teams that were able to compete and have them go on to new teams."

With IFL coaching behind him, Shamrock is now focused on his fighting career and personal life.

"I'm going to fight Renzo (Gracie) in April,” although he did not state where or for what organization, “(and) my wife is having a baby in May, and then I'll probably fight again in (or around) September."
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2007, 09:06:48 AM »
Late last week, Jaime Pollack, president of Pride FC Worldwide, notified employees that the company office in Tokyo was being closed and that they were dismissed. Several accounts in the media painted a bleak picture surrounding the firings, indicating indifference and betrayal.

Pride FC Worldwide, citing “erroneous media reports,” released a statement this week about the Tokyo office and the release of its staff.

Pride FC Worldwide (Pride WW) is the company that was born out of Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta’s purchase of Pride Fighting Championships from Dream Stage Entertainment, Inc. (DSE) in March. The Fertittas are also the majority owners of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Pride WW stated that the decision to close the Tokyo office “was not made lightly, but was necessary because of a lack of cooperation from Directors at Dream Stage Entertainment, Inc.”

“We purchased the Pride assets with high hopes of producing live events in Japan,” said Pollack. “Unfortunately, this is not possible today due to lack of cooperation from the former Dream Stage directors.”

The statement also indicated that employees were released “pursuant to Japanese law” as advised by Pride WW’s legal counsel. Evidently, the company is not allowed to retain its staff without providing appropriate office space.

Most employees were provided with a retirement package according to Pride WW.

Although the Tokyo office is now closed and its employees released, Pride WW says it will “continue to pursue opportunities for the Pride brand in Japan, the United States and other markets around the world,” including continuing to air Pride fights on television, DVD and online distribution.

Those continued efforts do not, however, appear to include pursuit of live events, as Pride WW says in the statement, “For elite mixed martial arts fighters from Japan, as well as from other countries in the world, they have an immediate chance to discuss opportunities to showcase their talents in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.”

Pollack backed that by saying, “(We) have great respect for Japanese fight fans, and so we are hopeful they will appreciate our efforts to sustain the Pride brand under Pride FC Worldwide and will continue to follow the incredible sport of mixed martial arts and its athletes in the UFC organization.”
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2007, 02:58:25 PM »

Nick Diaz has signed an exclusive deal to fight in the U.S. with EliteXC that will add an additional two years to his current contract, which has two fights remaining, Sherdog.com learned late Wednesday.

Diaz will fight next on Nov. 10 in Corpus Christi, Texas in an EliteXC 160-pound title fight.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 03:59:29 AM »
Episode four of The Ultimate Fighter season six drew a 1.2 overall final cable rating, according to Nielsen Media Research. That is up from last week's 1.1, and marks the second highest number of the season - only trailing the premiere episode which had the UFC Fight Night live lead-in.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 04:08:45 AM »
mma news interviews hermes franca:

MMANews.com: When was the last time you were in a grappling event?
Hermes Franca: Oh, about 2002 I think.

MMANews.com: How many times a week do you train grappling only?
Hermes Franca: I train all the time. I like to stay good, so three or four times a day... I mean week, I would say.

MMANews.com: Do you know anything about Enrico Cocco?
Hermes Franca: He's a tough kid. He just had an MMA fight. He is a local guy and a tough guy.

MMANews.com: Your open letter after your last UFC fight [about his "dirty test"] was very heart-felt, and some appreciated the candor and honesty. Have you felt most of your fans have been understanding?
Hermes Franca: It's fifty-fifty. Those who stick with me are my real friends. I was honest, I made a mistake. Yeah, I would not make the same mistake twice and other people may. I apologized to my friends, to the UFC.

MMANews.com: Is there anyone you want to thank?
Hermes Franca: Yes, please. I would like to thank Fight Republic and Premier Martial Arts!
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 04:22:13 AM »
 Tap or Snap - October 13th: CANCELLED      
Due to a death in the family of Promoter Brian Lee, the October 13th Tap or Snap: Phil Long Expo Center, has been cancelled. The main card fights will be moved to the November 3rd Tap or Snap, to be held at the Douglas County Event Center in Castle Rock.

Ticket holders can use their ticket for admission to the November 3rd show, which is promised to be a exciting event, featuring UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra as the guest of honor. Refunds will also be available to those who opt out of the November 3rd show. We apologize for any inconvienence. Please call 719-237-4025 for any further inquiries.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 04:24:10 AM »
Matt Serra Seminar: Nov. 4th

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 04:29:25 AM »
"Representation for UFC 76 participant Kazuhiro Nakamura have requested a “cancellation” of their client’s three-month suspension for a positive marijuana test, said California State Athletic Commission Associate Governmental Program Analyst Bill Douglas today. In response, Douglas has scheduled the Japanese light heavyweight onto its agenda to present his appeal at an Oct. 31 hearing in downtown Los Angeles. Nakamura yielded a positive result for the non-approved substance following his Sept. 22 loss to Lyoto Machida at the Honda Center in Anaheim and was fined $500 along with the suspension.

UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk and Strikeforce competitor Phil Baroni will also be heard that day for separate steroids allegations.

“It is absolutely not true that he used marijuana,” a Sept. 27 press release from Nakamura’s management firm J-ROCK stated. “He spends all of his time coaching and leading children. There would be no reason for him to use such a thing.”
Z