Author Topic: Does President Obama Think Our Rights Come from Our Creator?  (Read 10857 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Does President Obama Think Our Rights Come from Our Creator?
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »
THIS IS ANOTHER REASON i HATE THIS POFS WITH A PASSION.

________________________ _____________

www.weeklystandard.com

Sep 19, 2010 · BY Jeffrey H. AndersonThe most famous words in the Declaration of Independence — and almost surely the most famous words ever written by an American — read, “We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.”

On Friday evening, when President Obama addressed the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, he quoted that passage as follows (on the clip at 22:30):  “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal [pause], endowed with certain unalienable rights:  life and liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

In Obama’s version, there is no “Creator.”

Only two plausible explanations spring to mind.  One is that President Obama isn’t very familiar with the most famous passage in the document that founded this nation; that even when plainly reading from a teleprompter, he wasn’t able to quote it correctly.  The other is that President Obama doesn’t subscribe to the Declaration’s rather central claim that our rights come from our “Creator” (also referred to in the Declaration as “Nature’s God” and “the Supreme Judge of the World”).

Only the president likely knows for certain which of these two explanations is true, or whether perhaps there is another.  His nearly 4-second pause before he omits reference to our Creator, however, is peculiar.  He stares at the teleprompter, purses his lips, blinks several times — as if confused, disturbed, and/or in the process of making a decision — and then proceeds to use his alternate wording.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Does President Obama Think Our Rights Come from Our Creator?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:51:30 PM »
religion has no place in govt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 07:53:13 PM »

HEY MORON - HAVE YOU EVER READ THE DECLARATION OF iNDEPENDENCE?  

"WE ARE ENDOWED BY OUR CREATOR"  

Not obama, not bush, the trees and rocks, not gays, not the sun, but the creator.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 07:53:43 PM »
THIS IS ANOTHER REASON i HATE THIS POFS WITH A PASSION.

________________________ _____________

www.weeklystandard.com

Sep 19, 2010 · BY Jeffrey H. AndersonThe most famous words in the Declaration of Independence — and almost surely the most famous words ever written by an American — read, “We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.”

On Friday evening, when President Obama addressed the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, he quoted that passage as follows (on the clip at 22:30):  “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal [pause], endowed with certain unalienable rights:  life and liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

In Obama’s version, there is no “Creator.”

Only two plausible explanations spring to mind.  One is that President Obama isn’t very familiar with the most famous passage in the document that founded this nation; that even when plainly reading from a teleprompter, he wasn’t able to quote it correctly.  The other is that President Obama doesn’t subscribe to the Declaration’s rather central claim that our rights come from our “Creator” (also referred to in the Declaration as “Nature’s God” and “the Supreme Judge of the World”).

Only the president likely knows for certain which of these two explanations is true, or whether perhaps there is another.  His nearly 4-second pause before he omits reference to our Creator, however, is peculiar.  He stares at the teleprompter, purses his lips, blinks several times — as if confused, disturbed, and/or in the process of making a decision — and then proceeds to use his alternate wording.

I can't tell whether he forgot or whether it was an intentional omission.  Either way, it's embarrassing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
ehhhhh here we go again.

leaders should really just drop the religion talk.  seriously.  it's pandering to idiots, let's be honest.  "oooh what did obama say - if he talked about the 'creator' and not 'the savior'... i'm so gonna have my feathers ruffled!"

STFU.  I believe in a higher power and I believe all our leaders just use his name and likeness to gain power.  it's that simple.  To get the votes of people who vote with their bible, not their wallet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »
Wrong.

BB,

How many years old is our Earth, approx?

You've said there's a lot of evidence it's only 5000 years old... and IMO you'd probably vote for a candidate who would start 2 wars and let a 911 happen because he liked the bible more than that other awful man running.

it's this simple ass thinking that annoys me.  None of the people running for office know anything more about God than you or I.  We're all completely clueless until we check out, then we all find out in a hurry.

But hey, go ride your dino around, gripping the holy book talking about who loves God more.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »
ehhhhh here we go again.

leaders should really just drop the religion talk.  seriously.  it's pandering to idiots, let's be honest.  "oooh what did obama say - if he talked about the 'creator' and not 'the savior'... i'm so gonna have my feathers ruffled!"

STFU.  I believe in a higher power and I believe all our leaders just use his name and likeness to gain power.  it's that simple.  To get the votes of people who vote with their bible, not their wallet.

240  - you really are devolving and sliding into the very worst of the far left.  

The Declaration of Independence is clear, and its not up to you or obama to change it based on your fleeting and always changing thoughts.  

What is wrong with you?  Seriously?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »
BB,

You've said there's a lot of evidence it's only 5000 years old... and IMO you'd probably vote for a candidate who would start 2 wars and let a 911 happen because he liked the bible more than that other awful man running.

it's this simple ass thinking that annoys me.  None of the people running for office know anything more about God than you or I.  We're all completely clueless until we check out, then we all find out in a hurry.

But hey, go ride your dino around, gripping the holy book talking about who loves God more.

Hey Pinocchio, did you vote for George Bush Sr.?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 08:02:14 PM »
its heating up in here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 08:03:31 PM »
Hey Pinocchio, did you vote for George Bush Sr.?

LOL!  Wow.  You're a 5000-dino-earth believer.  Now I remember.  You will now attack me to divert everyone's attention from the fact that you are - by your own admission - nuttier than any 911 or JFK skeptic. 

You're batshit crazy.  welcome to the club, brah.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 08:04:01 PM »
The notion that we are endowed BY OUR CREATOR , with certain unlainable rihts is so beyond discussion, that I can't believe 240 is dispouting this.  Dear God, WWWTTTFFF happened to him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »
LOL!  Wow.  You're a 5000-dino-earth believer.  Now I remember.  You will now attack me to divert everyone's attention from the fact that you are - by your own admission - nuttier than any 911 or JFK skeptic. 

You're batshit crazy.  welcome to the club, brah.

The difference between me and you, Pinocchio, is I'll just quote you.   :)  Did you vote for George Bush Sr.?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »
author=333386 link=topic=348911.msg4903484#msg4903484 date=1284951193]
HEY MORON - HAVE YOU EVER READ THE DECLARATION OF iNDEPENDENCE?  

The same can be asked of all of the former president of america as NONE OF THEM SEEMS TO KNOW OR FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION...

"WE ARE ENDOWED BY OUR CREATOR"  

Not obama, not bush, the trees and rocks, not gays, not the sun, but the creator.  

And with all of your founding fathers being Luciferians, Satanist, Freemasons and a part of the Illuminati...exactly WHAT is it that they deem their CREATOR? Creator amongst them does not instantly denote GOD.... their god is of the UNDERWORLD.
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
BB,

This guy does an excellent job of revealing the age of the earth

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1272542059740401469#

Also keep in mind the pyramids of Egypt are about 5000 years old meaning Moses and teh Exodus are about 5000 years old. Add the fact that Adam and Eve are 1000 years prior to Moses adn you get 6000 years add another 1000 years of rest that God took as he finished the earth and another 6000 years in creating the earth and the universe you have a grand total of 13000 years. A far cry from the Billions of years the so called scientist claim.
C

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »
Also keep in mind the pyramids of Egypt are about 5000 years old meaning Moses and teh Exodus are about 5000 years old. Add the fact that Adam and Eve are 1000 years prior to Moses adn you get 6000 years add another 1000 years of rest that God took as he finished the earth and another 6000 years in creating the earth and the universe you have a grand total of 13000 years. A far cry from the Billions of years the so called scientist claim.

And the fossilized remains that are millions of years old?

I'm really not trying to insult religious beliefs, but do you find it somewhat difficult to reconcile an all-powerful being with needing a 1000 yr rest period?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »

And the fossilized remains that are millions of years old?

I'm really not trying to insult religious beliefs, but do you find it somewhat difficult to reconcile an all-powerful being with needing a 1000 yr rest period?

There are no fossilized remains that are millions of years old. Did you watch the video? Obviously not as it explained the fossilization and coalification process which is NOT thousands or millions of years in the process but a couple hundred years at best. You are trusting in a Carbon dating process which can not date anything longer than 10,000 years...so how the hell could these excessive time spans be determined? Add to the carbon dating process a factor of 10,000 in the error rate and you can quickly go from 10,000,000 to just 1000 years, which is right withing the time lines of the creation of earth.
C

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »

And with all of your founding fathers being Luciferians, Satanist, Freemasons and a part of the Illuminati...exactly WHAT is it that they deem their CREATOR? Creator amongst them does not instantly denote GOD.... their god is of the UNDERWORLD.

I can give you quote after quote, passage after passage; inaugural addresses, farewell speeches, addresses to congress, addresses to the nation...literally thousands of them where the founders not only speak of God and the necessity of God but Jesus Christ as well...take your pick.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »

Our founding documents, especially this little nugget we're discussing here, are based off of John Locke's work. Taking that into consideration, as well as the true beliefs of the founders, added in with innumerable documents and letters we have written by the founders, the statement "religion has no place in government" makes 100% absolutely zero sense. If that is the case, you we need to scrap everything into the trashcan and start over.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 11:40:53 PM »
BB,

lolololololololol

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

holy shit this sums it up better than any post ive read on the entire political board

im in awe  ;D ;D ;D
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 05:01:56 AM »
Are we now at the point where people want to make up shit thats written in the Delcaration of Indepependce? 

Its bad euogh you people on the far left find all sorts of shit that doesnt exist in the constitution, but the Dec of Ind? 

WTF is wrong with you people? 

James

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 07:56:26 AM »

i've turned into a lib pussy in the last few years

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »

Really? "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

So 120 is Front, where does it way that? Where is the imaginary separation of church and state?

Or will you just dodge me for the 20th time when presented with what the constitution actually says?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 07:30:51 PM »
stella, go ahead and move this thread back to political before BB's head explodes.  I'm really worried about the assclown and don't want him taking out half of political with him.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 08:01:19 PM »
There are no fossilized remains that are millions of years old. Did you watch the video? Obviously not as it explained the fossilization and coalification process which is NOT thousands or millions of years in the process but a couple hundred years at best. You are trusting in a Carbon dating process which can not date anything longer than 10,000 years...so how the hell could these excessive time spans be determined? Add to the carbon dating process a factor of 10,000 in the error rate and you can quickly go from 10,000,000 to just 1000 years, which is right withing the time lines of the creation of earth.
LOL man i love it when ppl get their info from youtube...actually there are other elements that allow us to date back millions of years you are correct that carbon dating does have its limits but there are also other elements that have much much greater limits...

im religious but it is almost beyond speculation that evolution is a fact and that the earth is older than 6000 years...why are there no modern human remains older than 250,000 yrs or so?

if you study evolution it really does show a logical progression from species to species, if anyone disagrees please give reasons and proof as to why.