Author Topic: Dorian At The 1996 Olympia.  (Read 15097 times)

suckmymuscle

Dorian At The 1996 Olympia.
« on: October 12, 2006, 11:37:27 PM »
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpHplDhKnWc

Check out this video from the 1996 Olympia. After reviewing it, I changed my mind and think it was one of Dorian's best performances. Even if you don't like the structure and aesthetics of his physique, you guys need to admit that his conditioning was sick. Just sick. I'm actually a little scared. :o :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
Re: Dorian At The 1996 Olympia.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:42:03 PM »

Check out this video from the 1996 Olympia. After reviewing it, I changed my mind and think it was one of Dorian's best performances. Even if you don't like the structure and aesthetics of his physique, you guys need to admit that his conditioning was sick. Just sick. I'm actually a little scared. :o :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE
1996 is by far dorians best year conditioning wise.this dude was like in munzer condition.amazing as ever..he looked drier than a bone....lol.it seemed like he was on the verge of getting collapsed onstage.his conditioning was nuts at that show...freaky
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 03:42:33 AM »
dorian was far better in 93 AND 94

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 04:48:42 AM »
1996 is by far dorians best year conditioning wise.this dude was like in munzer condition.amazing as ever..he looked drier than a bone....lol.it seemed like he was on the verge of getting collapsed onstage.his conditioning was nuts at that show...freaky

Agreed - conditioning wise - Dorian was cut to the bone - perhaps only his '95 showing compares.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »

Exactly. No one pointed out Dorian's muscularity in 1996, but everyone believed that he had set a standard for dryness that is just preter-human. Personally, I don't believe that 1993 was Dorian's best year; that might be the case for muscularity. But I think that, conditioning-wise, Dorian was much better in 1995 and 1996. As I see it, Dorian took the sport to an unattainable - for the time - level of muscularity, but then didn't really increase his muscular size anymore. 1994 was a flop: he came in as a poorer, heavier but less crisp version of himself. In 1995, though, !BAM!, he hit the stage with a "stony" appearance which, even today, almost a decade after his retirement, still represent the ne plus ultra of bodybuilding conditioning. 1996, as I see it, was an even drier and harder version of 1995, arguably the best shape any bodybuilder has ever stepped onstage, bar none. The problem is that Dorian was depleted and lost a lot of his muscle thickness - except for back.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 10:14:36 PM »
1993 was Dorian's best, bar none.

Dorian himself said that he was superior in 95 to 96. 96 he came in flat and he was smaller than normal. About 250lbs.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 10:20:39 PM »

That's your opinion. Nothing else. Personally, I feel that, while he set the standard in 1993 for muscularity, it was in 1995 that Dorian set the standard for hardness&dryness. Which is what Dorian eventually most became famous for... ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

P.S: Dorian was 255 lbs for the 1996 Olympia, only 2 lbs than in 1993.

body88

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 10:57:14 PM »
Shredded!!!!!!  Also, to all those claiming Dorian had a gut even close to as bad as Ronnie you need to get your heads checked. Ronnies gut is TEN times worse than Yates. Post all the pictures you want. Does not matter. When ronnie transitions into that kneeling double bi shot his big ass gut always puffs out. Doz barley had anything there. Ronnie is def the king of guts. Even in 98 when Ronnie had the best physique ever his gut was worse than doz in this video. By the time 04 came around Ronnies gut was in its own leauge!

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 11:06:19 PM »
Link says Video not available ????

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 11:07:58 PM »
Link says Video not available ????

Phew, i thought i was the only one missing out  :-[
P

body88

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 11:18:04 PM »
Just type in Dorian Yates. The 96 vid will come up. When he hits the rdb you see how freaky shredded he really was. I can only imagine if he was darker how he would have looked.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 11:38:55 PM »

Dorian himself said that he was superior in 95 to 96. 96 he came in flat and he was smaller than normal. About 250lbs.
actually yates was 260lbs.he was 5lbs heavier than 1995..strange..he looked a bit lighter but when weighed on the scale he was 260lbs for the night show
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »
actually yates was 260lbs.he was 5lbs heavier than 1995..strange..he looked a bit lighter but when weighed on the scale he was 260lbs for the night show

Well, from the the review of the 1996 Olympia I have from FLEX, McGough is quoted as saying that Dorian weighed in at 255 lbs for pre-judging. This contest was unique in that there was an official weight-in at the start. Dorian was actually a little lighter than he was for the pre-judging of the 1993 Olympia, because, since the 1996 Olympia was tested for diuretics, he became obsessed with dryness and came in at his lightest and most depleted state in years. These pics are from the 1996 Olympia, as well. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »
hulkster and pumpster no where to be found.

dorian's size,dryness, and hardness is too much for anyone to handle.

others may come in bigger, but no one will come in that shape.

no one has 10 years later. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 09:47:08 PM »
help! i cannot use youtube right now. it says i either have my java turned off or my flash player needs to be updated. i updated that thing already but it still says the same thing. what's the latest version? how about the java thing? i dont know how to mess with that.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 10:23:39 PM »

Check out this video from the 1996 Olympia. After reviewing it, I changed my mind and think it was one of Dorian's best performances.
Count on SUCKY to come up with a non-existent thread.

Here is '96: he looks like a bricklaying powerlifter the way he trundles onto stage. hahahahaah ::) Very tight, but arms both bis n' tris are too small.

The first comment under the screen:
i dunno but am not a fan of this guy, kinda hate him cuz he aint deserve the title against flex wheeler, his symmetry sux. small arms,waist not small

'94: Impressive here, more than '96-drier and denser, a smaller, leaner and more athletic  torso that balances better with the arms.

Yates especially bear-like:

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 10:44:42 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it-now the party's over..

&mode=related&search=

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 10:46:15 PM »

Here is '96: he looks like a bricklaying powerlifter the way he trundles onto stage. hahahahaah ::) Very tight, but arms both bis n' tris are too small.

The first comment under the screen:
i dunno but am not a fan of this guy, kinda hate him cuz he aint deserve the title against flex wheeler, his symmetry sux. small arms,waist not small

'94: Impressive here, more than '96-drier and denser, a smaller, leaner and more athletic  torso that balances better with the arms.

Yates especially bear-like:

man you just cant take it ronnie lost? stop being a cock and give mr o his due.

your "especially bear like" comment is dumb. that is an offseason yates at the fibo 94, he squashed lou(do i have to pay $20 for that?) and vic richards.

dont be hatin'.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
hulkster and pumpster no where to be found.

dorian's size,dryness, and hardness is too much for anyone to handle.

others may come in bigger, but no one will come in that shape.

no one has 10 years later. 
truth be told!!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 10:50:35 PM »
Stop being a cvnt and take the time to actually pay attention to the video evidence.. ;D

Coleman close on density but huge advantages on size, tapers, shape, aesthetics, flow, overall cuts, refinement, vascularity, etc. ;)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 12:04:31 AM »
Stop being a cvnt and take the time to actually pay attention to the video evidence.. ;D

Coleman close on density but huge advantages on size, tapers, shape, aesthetics, flow, overall cuts, refinement, vascularity, etc. ;)

First of all, Jackass, who gives a shit about Ronnie? This thread is all about Dorian at the 1996 Olympia, but you just had to bring up your hero to compare, hadn't you? ::) Your hatred for Dorian Yates is such that you can't see his name on any thread and not bring up the tier-B fat f**k who got stripped of his title onstage this year by a "blocky White guy". ;D Guess what? I don't give a f**k about Coleman, and I certainly don't care about this topic anymore. f**k you and f**k off my thread! I have written over one thousand paragraphs on the topic of Dorian vs fat f**k, and posted some 300 different pics. I'm bored. I'll let you believe whatever you want: that Dorian won due to a a Weider conspiracy to have British White guys win the Olympia, that he shouldn't have won with small arms - despite his arms being 21" - , that Shawn should have defeated him despite carrying 55 lbs less of muscle, etc. Whatever, little girl. Believe what you want.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 12:12:52 AM »

Actually, dumbass, it's the URL that changed. Anyway, how difficult it is for you morons to type his name? :-X

SUCKMYMUSCLE

P.S: I'm still waiting for the explanations about how exactly it was good business, for Weider, to have a British White guy win the Olympia over an American, and why  exactly they didn't give it to a handsome White man, like Bob Paris, instead of giving it to Lee Haney, if the I.F.B.B is so racicist. We're still waiting for your explanation, Poopy, you retarded lying f**k... >:(

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 01:37:01 AM »
  Well, from the the review of the 1996 Olympia I have from FLEX, McGough is quoted as saying that Dorian weighed in at 255 lbs for pre-judging. This contest was unique in that there was an official weight-in at the start. Dorian was actually a little lighter than he was for the pre-judging of the 1993 Olympia, because, since the 1996 Olympia was tested for diuretics, he became obsessed with dryness and came in at his lightest and most depleted state in years. These pics are from the 1996 Olympia, as well. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
i think so even nasser said that how can yates weigh heavy when he is looking light..i do believe this fact that yates might be 255lbs for the pre-judging but got a bit heavier for the night show by 5lbs to 260lbs.remember yates was 265lbs at the pre-jdiging for mr olympia 1997 and ballooned to 274lbs for the night show..so anything is possible.
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
I won that show! >:(

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 12:30:23 PM »
I won that show! >:(

yeah when you close your eyes and go to sleep you did.......

L