Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 415658 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1350 on: February 22, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
Hang in there Prime. Using the gym is a perfect positive thing to do.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1351 on: February 22, 2016, 08:16:00 PM »
Weird feelings and loneliness? Absolutely! I miss my wife and that makes me feel lonely. I am not alone however. Is it weird that I dream about her almost every night? Is it weird that I talk to her in my head? Probably. I'm not dating anyone yet. To be honest, I have not given this a thought. I don't think I have much to offer someone right now. Mostly, I just muddle though each day....one day at a time. I went out to a club last Saturday night. I tried to have fun, but I just felt like I didn't belong. There were some people my age, but most were younger.

All things considered, I guess I am doing about as well as can be expected. Going to the gym on an almost daily basis, really helps. I eat well and get plenty of exercise. Even if I'm a mess, I will be fit.
your good man prime,,faith/family/good blessings/will get you through.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1352 on: February 23, 2016, 05:02:24 AM »
I decided to do a bit of a photo update with regards to my earlier post today. Weight 175lbs height 5' 10". I'm posting these photos despite that they depressed me. Photos don't lie, which is too bad. I definitely look like an old man. Sorry Fitnessfrenzy no head shots this time. In the interest of keeping it real, here they are.
prime for 70 and how active you are more lately u look muscle wise 100 pct more than the avg 70yrs old...by far.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1353 on: February 23, 2016, 05:06:21 AM »
Don't compare yourself to a young man. You're 70. Also don't compare yourself to a 70 year old fool who is juicing. Just keep working out.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1354 on: February 23, 2016, 07:43:46 AM »
chest/tri/abs/treadmill

inc press...slow but getting strength back and rom better ,feel less'tensed'when pressing like trying to brace and hold back pain.
I do few warm ups then 3 working sets to 155lbs still good 35/45 lbs off peak weight used for reps

flat db press tried 'oldtimer's'way palms facing is less stress to front delt area x3,,2 sets I did combo flye/press each rep..

cable crossovers top x3
lower cable flyes x3

seated press x3 finish..at worst I was doing 25 lbs in extreme pain now back to 145/150 on it..

tris
superset over head rope extensions with pushdowns x4
dip machine x3
reverse underhanded pushdowns x3

abs

treadmill

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1355 on: February 23, 2016, 09:22:23 AM »
Delt and arms:

Dumbbell press 2 x 10 50lbs (standing all the way down)
Machine press 1 x 8
dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 25lbs
Machine laterals 2 x 10
Dumbbell real laterals 2 x 10 30lb
rear delt machine 2 x 10

Barbell shrugs 2 x 10 250lbs

ez curl 2 x 10 90lbs
Pulley straight bar curls 2 x 12
machine curls 2 x 8
Concentration curl 1 x 12

Weighted dips 2 x 10 25lbs (dug deep)
traditional push downs  3 x 12
tricep machine 2 x 10

wrist curl 2 x 25 95lbs
reverse grip curl 2 x 10 (went super light. Hurts my elbow region.?)

ab coaster 2 x 25 40lbs
machine crunchs 2 x 25

Gym Observations: 

Saw a guy doing standing press behind the neck. Each rep he dipped his knees and jerked the bar over head to begin every rep. Yikes, lower the weight then you won't need the assist to start the lift.

Every day I see a guy in the gym who is fighting to get disability. From what I can gather he was a construction worker in the 9-11 clean up.  He said his lungs are bad. I see the guy lift and on the cardio machines every day. Tired of the scum bag scammers. They lie to everyone so much that they believe their own lies.

Yesterday I saw blood on my sweats. I thought I was bleeding from some where. It wasn't me and now I wonder whose blood it was and what machine it came from?

Looked in the mirror and see I'm getting a small gut from all the beer I drink on the weekends. I have to cut back and do more cardio.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1356 on: February 24, 2016, 08:35:15 AM »
Did some cardio today.  Getting back into working out the heart. Did my 8 x 440 yards (400 meters) intervals. Walked fast at 3.8 MPH for the rest interval in between for 220 yards (200 meters)

2 x 440 yards at 7.1 MPH
2 x 440 yards at 7.5 MPH
2 x 440 yards at 8.0 MPH
2 x 440 yards at 8.6 MPH

I then hit the heavy bag for two three minute rounds. I think I was breathing heavier from doing this than the running.

Walked my daughter's puppy in the rain in the woods by my house. The stinker reversed himself and slipped out of his collar.  I was able to grab him. I got sick thinking I could have lost her puppy in the woods. The dog is so fast.  I carried the dog all the way home. That was a work out in its' self.

I know I look physically better when I just lift weights but I have to do cardio too. The heart muscle has to get trained.  When I run I get skinny and my face starts looking fatigued from the lack of body fat.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1357 on: February 24, 2016, 10:25:34 AM »
well was in Hannover today and was told no surgery needed on my neck. Itīs basically sorted itself out and the disc is no longer where it was a year ago. Can be seen clearly on the pictures. I will go for a run soon and hit the weights tomorrow. Doc just said train, train your triceps. seemed very positive about weight training. I had to wait a while to see him but a top surgeon in a clinic in Hannover. so very happy today :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1358 on: February 24, 2016, 10:56:31 AM »
well was in Hannover today and was told no surgery needed on my neck. Itīs basically sorted itself out and the disc is no longer where it was a year ago. Can be seen clearly on the pictures. I will go for a run soon and hit the weights tomorrow. Doc just said train, train your triceps. seemed very positive about weight training. I had to wait a while to see him but a top surgeon in a clinic in Hannover. so very happy today :)

THATS GREAT NEWS MAN....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1359 on: February 24, 2016, 11:59:32 AM »

Walked my daughter's puppy in the rain in the woods by my house. The stinker reversed himself and slipped out of his collar.  I was able to grab him. I got sick thinking I could have lost her puppy in the woods. The dog is so fast.  I carried the dog all the way home. That was a work out in its' self.

Get a nice slip collar with bigger links, not the tiny ones.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1360 on: February 24, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »
Did some cardio today.  Getting back into working out the heart. Did my 8 x 440 yards (400 meters) intervals. Walked fast at 3.8 MPH for the rest interval in between for 220 yards (200 meters)

2 x 440 yards at 7.1 MPH
2 x 440 yards at 7.5 MPH
2 x 440 yards at 8.0 MPH
2 x 440 yards at 8.6 MPH

I then hit the heavy bag for two three minute rounds. I think I was breathing heavier from doing this than the running.

I know I look physically better when I just lift weights but I have to do cardio too. The heart muscle has to get trained.  When I run I get skinny and my face starts looking fatigued from the lack of body fat.

Cardio is good to do. I don't enjoy it.

A harness which goes around a dog's body and not his neck is more comfortable and next to impossible for them to get out of.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1361 on: February 24, 2016, 01:01:44 PM »

Great news. When will you be able to return to work?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1362 on: February 24, 2016, 01:19:37 PM »
Get a nice slip collar with bigger links, not the tiny ones.

These are mainly for training. I think they are cruel.

My dogs obey  voice commands. They walk off leash.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1363 on: February 24, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
These are mainly for training. I think they are cruel.

My dogs obey  voice commands. They walk off leash.
His daughters dog obviously does not and until the dog is trained to do so, s/he should wear the collar.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1364 on: February 24, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
The puppy is 5 months old. The dog has a harness. He just knows how to yank out by pulling his head backward and lifting his paws. Just a Houdini.  Going to use a regular collar in addition to the harness.  I have never seen a more energetic dog than this one. This dog loves every member of the huge family and goes out it's way to have fun with everybody.  We enjoy dog sitting for my daughter when she has night shifts at the hospital.  Her fiance also works strange hours. 

Anyway back to training. I came back from work exhausted from the cardio today. Just shot. Tomorrow is back and chest. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1365 on: February 24, 2016, 07:45:05 PM »
back/traps/abs,,,home workout

pulldowns behind neck x3
front underhanded narrow grip pulldowns x3
low cable rows x3
pullovers db x3
one arm rows x2 on bench
standing upper back pull rows x3

cable shrugs x3
db shrugs x3

abs sets and sets decline leg raises
crunches on angled part bench

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1366 on: February 25, 2016, 02:20:14 AM »
Great news. When will you be able to return to work?
I am at work. I was recently on a seminar. I started working part time, they do this to get you back to work. I still got full wages because the Health insurance pay most. To slowly get back to work. My nerves are still not 100% but are slowly better and i maybe will not recover 100% in my right arm but i can live with it. All i can do is train and wait and see but he did say a year ago i should have been operated. I am lucky it sorted itself out with the Injections and training. so today i will do a Circuit workout with bodyweight and weights.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1367 on: February 25, 2016, 02:23:37 AM »
THATS GREAT NEWS MAN....
cheers Steve :) looking forwards... 50 in 3 Months  bring it on .... :D :D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1368 on: February 25, 2016, 05:10:15 AM »
cheers Steve :) looking forwards... 50 in 3 Months  bring it on .... :D :D
health/life gets bumpy and peaks and valleys all the time,,,its the journey and snapping out of the doldrums without full on anger/depression...my work life has me down lately...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1369 on: February 25, 2016, 06:33:00 AM »
health/life gets bumpy and peaks and valleys all the time,,,its the journey and snapping out of the doldrums without full on anger/depression...my work life has me down lately...
yes stress at work you do not need. Still you have this place to smile at  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1370 on: February 25, 2016, 06:37:52 AM »
yes stress at work you do not need. Still you have this place to smile at  ;D
YEAH...MY WIFE TURNED 40 TODAY....SHE'S HAPPY/SAD :D :-\

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1371 on: February 25, 2016, 06:39:13 AM »
YEAH...MY WIFE TURNED 40 TODAY....SHE'S HAPPY/SAD :D :-\
Great Age... mature woman but still young  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1372 on: February 25, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »
I am at work. I was recently on a seminar. I started working part time, they do this to get you back to work. I still got full wages because the Health insurance pay most. To slowly get back to work. My nerves are still not 100% but are slowly better and i maybe will not recover 100% in my right arm but i can live with it. All i can do is train and wait and see but he did say a year ago i should have been operated. I am lucky it sorted itself out with the Injections and training. so today i will do a Circuit workout with bodyweight and weights.

This is also good news. Some folks believe that the longer someone is off work, the harder it is to go back.

I think anytime someone can avoid surgery, it is a good thing.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1373 on: February 25, 2016, 04:49:49 PM »
Last night while eating popcorn, I chipped a molar on an "old maid". Fortunately, the tooth does hurt. My tongue is sore though because I can't stop feeling the rough edges on the tooth. -Made an appointment to get it fixed next Wednesday. I just hope it isn't cracked, because than I would need a crown and they are expensive.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1374 on: February 25, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
Prime that is bad news about your tooth. It seems dentist are all about root canals and crowns.  I have never heard of a guy getting fillings anymore. Of course the dentist would rather have a $1500 dollar pay day for 20 minutes of work than $300 bucks for a filling.