Author Topic: Nobody wished each other merry christmas...  (Read 1196 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Nobody wished each other merry christmas...
« on: January 14, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »
Am I wrong? Seems to me the only Christian words that passed between anyone who frequents this board was between Loco and me. And I don't frequent it often. Beach, I'm not (yes I am) disappointed in you, just wondering why you couldn't wish people on this board a merry, merry... not just you, but am wondering what happened? People complain about Christmas disappearing and yet, on a message board devoted to religion... no one did say it. Or am I wrong and missed it?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Nobody wished each other merry christmas...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »
I think people were afraid of offending the Atheists and in turn get sued with the help from the ACLU.

Happy Holidays

;) :P :o ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 08:05:31 PM »
I'm down with Merry Christmas... The thing is... I try to be sensitive to the person I'm talking to.

If I know that someone is from a Christian background, I'll say Merry Christmas to them... No big. (Or Happy Hanukkah if they're Jewish)

If I don't know it though... I'll say Happy Holidays.

It's not about offending everyone, it's about not offending the person I'm speaking to.

It's certainly not about atheism.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »
Happy holidays to you Ozmo. Late as it is.   :)

Well, I'm Christian, and even though I critique every little thing to the death, I still know enough to wish everyone a merry, merry. On this message board very flamer thread, two girl threads, and prob more, had a Merry Christmas theme, except the religion board. Isn't that a little strange? If religious people keep wondering what's happening to Christianity, instead of inciting hatred, maybe they should just say Merry Christmas more often instead.  :D Ya know, lead by example, instead of out of the hammock. Just a thought.  ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 08:47:32 PM »
Happy holidays to you Ozmo. Late as it is.   :)

Well, I'm Christian, and even though I critique every little thing to the death, I still know enough to wish everyone a merry, merry. On this message board very flamer thread, two girl threads, and prob more, had a Merry Christmas theme, except the religion board. Isn't that a little strange? If religious people keep wondering what's happening to Christianity, instead of inciting hatred, maybe they should just say Merry Christmas more often instead.  :D Ya know, lead by example, instead of out of the hammock. Just a thought.  ;)

i was just being a smart-ass.

You  have a good point.

and even though i don't subscribe to the idea the Bible is 100% the word of  God i don't ever say happy holidays.

Merry Christmas.   :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 04:29:24 AM »
Am I wrong? Seems to me the only Christian words that passed between anyone who frequents this board was between Loco and me. And I don't frequent it often. Beach, I'm not (yes I am) disappointed in you, just wondering why you couldn't wish people on this board a merry, merry... not just you, but am wondering what happened? People complain about Christmas disappearing and yet, on a message board devoted to religion... no one did say it. Or am I wrong and missed it?

You missed it. I came up with a "Merry Christmas" thread on Christmas Eve.

I'll bump it up!!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 04:45:26 AM »
I say "Merry Christmas" and "Christmas break" instead of "Happy Holidays" and "Winter break"... Yes, even a Satan-beholden heathen such as I!!!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 05:35:19 PM »
ok - "Happy Festivus" ... to all

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »

Merry Christmas?  Just saw this.  :)

I did make a Happy Thanksgiving post:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=182181.0

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »
ok - "Happy Festivus" ... to all

Finally, a Festivus for the rest of us!    ;D