Author Topic: Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter is Pregnant  (Read 7874 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter is Pregnant
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »
do you know what an interactive flash poll is, shit-for-brains?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 01:17:52 PM »

Yeah but u'll never hear from her or Biden.  And while I disagree, atleast they're good points. See Benny...civil discourse.

never hear from her or Biden on what?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »

Q: Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

SP: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

http://eagleforumalaska.blogspot.com/2006/07/2006-gubernatorial-candidate.html

Exactly.

Her first daughter to reach the age where she could be pregnant, and a gigantic fail for her home abstinence only education. Massive epic fail.

And I wonder of she is do delusional to think the 18 yr old son is going to practice that? Nice looking young guy for one, I am sure the young girls like him and be real he's a army guy. Yeah, I'm sure he sits around practicing abstinence  ::)

Plus, makes the whole "mom vote" worse now for many reasons. I do NOT agree with this, but many will see this as a parental failure. Those more level headed like me, know this young girl really needs her mom now to support her. I was a 17yr old mom myself, and no way without my parents would have I made it through. I bless them daily for it.

So she has a 4 month old downs baby who needs extra care, a 8yr old child, two more fairly young kids, a pregnant teenage daughter - but plans to put the job of VP first before her kids? Or does she plan to do a crappy job as VP? One or the other will happen.

Either way, as a mom she needs to bugger off and give her kids the attention they need.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »
Palin told McCain about baby last week
Posted: 03:15 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) — Top McCain adviser Steve Schmidt said Monday that newly-minted Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin informed John McCain of her daughter's pregnancy in one of their "private conversations" last week.

McCain aides insist the Arizona Republican already knew about the pregnancy prior to that conversation, having found out earlier during the lengthy vetting process.

"She was very upfront about it," one aide said.

Speaking with reporters, Schmidt also said McCain expected the pregnancy would eventually become public, as did Palin.

"Obviously people would know because she’s going to have a baby that she was pregnant," Schmidt said. "What we want to see happen is the privacy of Governor Palin’s daughter respected. And that’s what Senator McCain wants."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

It's a little presumptuous for anyone to call her parents a failure because this kid got pregnant, particularly if you've never raised teenagers.  None of us knows what goes on behind closed doors.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »
I would expect nothig less

It would be much worse if she didn't tell him about it

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 01:53:14 PM »
I think we all know Mccain is a man of honor, and wouldn't lie about this.

Any belief to the contrary is unfounded CTism, and will be mocked.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »
It's a little presumptuous for anyone to call her parents a failure because this kid got pregnant, particularly if you've never raised teenagers.  None of us knows what goes on behind closed doors.   

Agree totally. People will though.

I will say the obvious though - her 'abstinence only' sex education proved to be a brutal failure on the homefront. That is undeniable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »
Agree totally. People will though.

I will say the obvious though - her 'abstinence only' sex education proved to be a brutal failure on the homefront. That is undeniable.

Really?  So if she would have given her daughter condoms or put her on the pill should wouldn't have had sex and wouldn't have gotten pregnant?

We don't know what failed.  Could have been the parents.  Could have been the training.  Could have been a hardheaded teenager.  None of us knows.   

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »
Really?  So if she would have given her daughter condoms or put her on the pill should wouldn't have had sex and wouldn't have gotten pregnant?

We don't know what failed.  Could have been the parents.  Could have been the training.  Could have been a hardheaded teenager.  None of us knows.   

I am sure was just a teen being a teen....

If she wasn't a politician and didn't have unrealistic positions with abstinence education it is a no mind.

It can happen to anyone, I am not slamming her, but her position on sex ed is my issue - preaching abstinence only sex ed while your teen daughter is pregnant simply comes across strange.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 02:44:52 PM »
Mccain and Palin both decided it was a good thing to thrust an unwed pregnant teenager into the national media spotlight for the sake of an election?

This is probably the scariest aspect of this whole ordeal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 02:46:59 PM »
I am sure was just a teen being a teen....

If she wasn't a politician and didn't have unrealistic positions with abstinence education it is a no mind.

It can happen to anyone, I am not slamming her, but her position on sex ed is my issue - preaching abstinence only sex ed while your teen daughter is pregnant simply comes across strange.

I think it just means they are human.  

I don't believe teaching abstinence is unrealistic.  Too many of us have this view that kids are like animals in heat with no self control.  I know many parents who have taught abstinence.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The key question for me is what is the right thing to do?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
Mccain and Palin both decided it was a good thing to thrust an unwed pregnant teenager into the national media spotlight for the sake of an election?

Actually they were responding to people like you spreading rumors about Palin faking a pregnancy.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 02:49:37 PM »

::)

That honor goes to liberal bloggers and you 240

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »
Hahaha. the saddest two posts in the history of the internet . . . congratulations dumbass and douche.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 02:52:36 PM »
::)

That honor goes to liberal bloggers and you 240

She may well be completely telling the truth.  But:

If the baby is hers, then she admittedly spent 17 hours speaking, chatting, and FLYING, after her water broke, with a pre-mature Downs Syndrome child.  She's already disqualified herself on the grounds of lack of common sense.

Click on this map to read it more clearly.  These are her own ADMITTED actions.   Does this appear to be a woman with good decision-making skills?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »

I don't teaching abstinence is unrealistic.  Too many of us have this view that kids are like animals in heat with no self control.  I know many parents who have taught abstinence.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The key question for me is what is the right thing to do?  

I don't think any decent parent wants their kid sleeping around, but how many people *really* wait till they are married nowadays? Not that I condone "fornication" but really, it is how things go nowadays most times.

Whichever way anyone shoves it, it is hard to appear as having the best positions on preventing teen pregnancy with a pregnant teen child yourself :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 03:14:14 PM »
I don't think any decent parent wants their kid sleeping around, but how many people *really* wait till they are married nowadays? Not that I condone "fornication" but really, it is how things go nowadays most times.

Whichever way anyone shoves it, it is hard to appear as having the best positions on preventing teen pregnancy with a pregnant teen child yourself :-\

Lots of teenagers have sex.  Many do not. 

I guess it depends on your perspective.  You could also say that any parent who gives his or her teenager condoms, and the teenager subsequently gets pregnant, can no longer credibly promote distribution of condoms to teenagers. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »
Lots of teenagers have sex.  Many do not. 

I guess it depends on your perspective.  You could also say that any parent who gives his or her teenager condoms, and the teenager subsequently gets pregnant, can no longer credibly promote distribution of condoms to teenagers. 

Blah, blah, blah... quit spending so much time on here and go check on your daughter

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 03:21:06 PM »
My only thing is - Palin simply cannot position herself as having good ideas on preventing teen pregnancies and expect ppl to take that with a straight face.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
My only thing is - Palin simply cannot position herself as having good ideas on preventing teen pregnancies and expect ppl to take that with a straight face.

Don't get caught deceived by DM's bullshit. This woman is the Focus on the Family candidate (as Dobson himself put it)... and by golly, we're going to focus on her family.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »

Understood.  I guess I've been around enough parents and teens to know there are too many variables.  And like I said earlier, it comes down to the proper message we should be sending to kids.  Palin shouldn't stop advocating the right approach just because her daughter got pregnant.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 03:29:30 PM »

I don't believe teaching abstinence is unrealistic.  Too many of us have this view that kids are like animals in heat with no self control.  I know many parents who have taught abstinence.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The key question for me is what is the right thing to do?  

The reason for that view is often because ADULTS act like animals in heat with no self-control. The grownups can't stop screwing around and figure the teens can't, either.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »
The reason for that view is often because ADULTS act like animals in heat with no self-control. The grownups can't stop screwing around and figure the teens can't, either.

Sad but true.   :-\

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »
Understood.  I guess I've been around enough parents and teens to know there are too many variables.  And like I said earlier, it comes down to the proper message we should be sending to kids.  Palin shouldn't stop advocating the right approach just because her daughter got pregnant.   

I agree, it can always happen. The best parents in the world can get bad luck at times. Perception is reality though....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »
I agree, it can always happen. The best parents in the world can get bad luck at times. Perception is reality though....

It certainly is.   :-\