Author Topic: Val's 2-minute Figure Routine  (Read 19755 times)

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
Re: Val's 2-minute Figure Routine
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2006, 08:11:12 PM »
I like the biceps idea, especially since many gals seem to have forgotten how train arms, while concentrating on shoulders! LOL!  :)

I completely hear what you are saying about Steve too! It is crazy, but at the same time, I think the importance is that we are all judged on the same pose.

I too, hate the 1-piece. Being a smaller competitor, I always score way lower in that round because I look so tiny. Sandi has said she's never seen someone score so differently from one round to the next. I've been as far as 6 places off from one to the next! And of course they see us in the 1-piece first, which really hurts me  ::)

Anyway, lots of good ideas are stirring up...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 08:35:08 PM »

"Amateur hour"??

I agree that it's ultimately about the quality of the physique.

"we all work hard for our money"? What's this "we" talk Tre? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

"We" = those of us who buy tickets to shows with a desire to be entertained.

I don't believe you're a part of the ticket-buying public (but do correct me if I'm wrong). 

How can you not respect differing opinions? You don't have to agree but why not respect each other's point of view? I respect your view as well as Val's but don't have to agree with it. Who says by disagreeing with what Val is doing is maintaining status quo?

The reason I don't respect the status quo (or those opinions which support it) on this particular issue is that the end result doesn't put enough industry revenue into the pockets of the talent.  It was the same way in pro sports (tennis, golf, football, etc) for decades, but in my opinion, the IFBB has been around long enough for there to be more substantial income opportunities for the talented performers who hit the stages each year. 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »
Lingster feels that you guys ambushed Val and he failed to see the humor in it.  We discussed it for a bit (my argument being that such petty jokes don't even phase The Regal One - they don't), but he still felt that you guys - as quasi-journalists - should be held to some standard of integrity.  I disagreed with his position in your case, Ron, and told him he's free to criticize Lift all he wants, but that you are untouchable.

Lets get one thing - I think Val is quite interesting, knows what she is doing, and is pretty cool. There was no ambush in the line of questioning, and although you havent seen other videos, we have been doing quite a number of them with a lot of interesting questions, as people want to know. The question regarding 'are you high' came to me from another figure pro that was on stage with her at the time. Same with the talking and chanting. Many of the question were asked by a myriad of people. The fact that I actually asked them brings me out as a target.

Val has the most unusual figure performance, almost ever. Everyone was talking about her - her completely different demeanor. And it got people talking. Funny that Jenny Lynn won the show, but people talk about Val.

I have always said that if someone doesnt want to answer something when we talk or interview them, just tell me. I would gladly edit it out. I am not here to make people look terrible.  I have many interviews in which we don't put everything up...

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 07:10:56 AM »
...the IFBB has been around long enough for there to be more substantial income opportunities for the talented performers who hit the stages each year. 

AMEN to that!!! Not only do we pay each year to be a Pro, and incur all the expenses to compete and travel, but then if we are fortunate enough to break the top 5, most of the time, it barely covers those expenses.

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »
We asked the questions everyone was buzzing about at the show. Take it for what it's worth but at the end of the day we didn't kiss her ass nor did we belittle her in our questions.

Can't please everyone, especially anything towards the Waugamaniacs.

You and Ron ambushed Waugaman.  Maybe where you come from it's OK to ask someone embarrassing questions and then post their shocked reply to the internet, but where I come from we have a not-nice name for people who do that.  It's difficult to believe you did not intend to embarrass her - anyone can see you smirking on the video.  However, despite being ambushed she remained polite and professional, and so it was you two who wound up looking like clowns instead.  You're so clueless that you uploaded your embarrassing performance to YouTube.

As for being a "Waugamaniac", I've never even met the woman.  I've never emailed her, and don't know her in the slightest.  I know you a bit more, Isaac - you're the guy who doesn't have the brains to turn on affiliate programs for the pay sites he runs, which is a big part of why they flop, one after another.  Except for the Kelly Ryan site, which you're still running.  (Can't wait to see the next update.)

fitfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »
Although Val's routine was origional for the new regime of figure girls...it was not completely original...

Does anyone remember the awesome guest performances of Debbie Kruck back in the day?  No gymnastics, no strength moves...just posing to music with AWESOME and creative themes...now THOSE were figure performances, done way back before "figure" was ever part of the sport!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 05:43:07 PM »
You and Ron ambushed Waugaman.  Maybe where you come from it's OK to ask someone embarrassing questions and then post their shocked reply to the internet, but where I come from we have a not-nice name for people who do that.  It's difficult to believe you did not intend to embarrass her - anyone can see you smirking on the video.  However, despite being ambushed she remained polite and professional, and so it was you two who wound up looking like clowns instead.  You're so clueless that you uploaded your embarrassing performance to YouTube.

As for being a "Waugamaniac", I've never even met the woman.  I've never emailed her, and don't know her in the slightest.  I know you a bit more, Isaac - you're the guy who doesn't have the brains to turn on affiliate programs for the pay sites he runs, which is a big part of why they flop, one after another.  Except for the Kelly Ryan site, which you're still running.  (Can't wait to see the next update.)
Thanks for your insight. We've covered this a few times now, try to keep up. Ron and I asked the questions that many people were asking at the Olympia. We asked Val if she would be okay with us interviewing her before the camera rolled, I'd hardly call that an ambush.  ::)

Who are are you and where do you come from again? Aside from..."a guy who's especially turned on by buff chicks"

Elevate Your Image.™

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 06:18:07 PM »
Thanks for your insight. We've covered this a few times now, try to keep up. Ron and I asked the questions that many people were asking at the Olympia. We asked Val if she would be okay with us interviewing her before the camera rolled, I'd hardly call that an ambush.  ::)

Who are are you and where do you come from again? Aside from..."a guy who's especially turned on by buff chicks"

Yeah, I've seen your earlier posts.  They're not exactly show-stopping and as you have yet to apologize I thought I'd bring it up again.

I'm not surprised to hear that you and Ron were associating with people who were making disparaging remarks about competitors.  It does surprise me that the two of you are so poorly socialized that you'd behave rudely to someone in public, tape it, and then post it to the internet.

What you don't seem to be able to wrap your brain around is that you behaved rudely and stupidly and your defiance is childish.  Also, that this is going to keep coming up, here or elsewhere, until you stand up and apologize.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 06:36:19 PM »

Lingster - although they may run together at a few shows each year, there are major difference between Ron and Lift.

Ron did exactly what's asked and expected of him.  Lift was his cameraman...someone has to be there to document the interview.  Lift also took the added step of prepping the clip and getting it uploaded for us. 

Lift's participation in the questioning, however, was not what he should've been doing.  Based on a bulk of his posts, he aspires to be an industry journalist.  I don't know of many Wall Street Journal writers who moonlight for the National Enquirer. 

If Lift desires to be taken seriously as a journalist, then I'd suggest he leave the tabloid stuff to the guys like Ron and me. 

That being said, I have no problem at all with him handling the camerawork for Big Ron.

And THAT being said, we really, really shouldn't take this interview all that seriously. 

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 06:45:24 PM »
Based on a bulk of his posts, he aspires to be an industry journalist.  I don't know of many Wall Street Journal writers who moonlight for the National Enquirer.

Heh.  Well, maybe he's just trying to suck up to whoever's fixing IFBB events this year.  Although now that the media ownership is separate from IFBB governance, that tactic probably won't work as well as in the past.  (I doubt Bonnie Fuller or David Pecker give a crap about any of this.)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 06:55:29 PM »
Lingster - again who are you? You feel the need to pass judgement yet can't stand behind who you are aside from running a schmoe site. There is nothing to apologize about. If you followed things as closely as you claim you would have read that I had dinner with Val in Florida and we discussed this and many other things. Again try to keep up.

Tre - I'd hardly consider what I do comparatively to Wall Street Journalists. I stepped in to interview Val because I follow the women's side of the industry more then Ron. I was at prejudging, I was in attendance at the West Palm Beach, hence my questions. When did this become "tabloid stuff"? Would you rather I conduct the same trite interview with Monica on why she felt she didn't win or what Jenny did this year compared to last year?

You're right on one thing - try not to take yourselves or this interview so seriously.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 07:08:39 PM »
Lingster - again who are you? You feel the need to pass judgement yet can't stand behind who you are aside from running a schmoe site.

I run a site.  Since users are forbidden from posting sessions scheduling info, the term "schmoe" is inaccurate.  Why would my name have anything to do with your misbehavior?  You're just trying to change the subject.

I hope you enjoyed your dinner - was it before or after you posted the video to YouTube?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 07:23:05 PM »
I run a site.  Since users are forbidden from posting sessions scheduling info, the term "schmoe" is inaccurate.  Why would my name have anything to do with your misbehavior?  You're just trying to change the subject.

I hope you enjoyed your dinner - was it before or after you posted the video to YouTube?
LOL. You run a schmoe site, not that there is anything wrong with that but perhaps you should consult with Tre on coming to terms with your place in this industry.

I did enjoy the dinner and it was after I posted the video. Take a look at Val's myspace page and you'll see she posted the video on her page. http://myspace.com/valeriewaugaman

Anything else to add or have you had enough of a lesson for one night?
Elevate Your Image.™

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 07:59:07 PM »
LOL. You run a schmoe site, not that there is anything wrong with that but perhaps you should consult with Tre on coming to terms with your place in this industry.

I did enjoy the dinner and it was after I posted the video. Take a look at Val's myspace page and you'll see she posted the video on her page. http://myspace.com/valeriewaugaman

Anything else to add or have you had enough of a lesson for one night?

"Schmoe" is not a term I use and Tre is hardly the OED.

Further, Waugaman's reluctance to take offense is of no concern to me.  Competitors put in months of prep and they don't do that to earn the day-after mockery of a couple of self-important cretins.  If you don't want to be called out for behaving like an ass, then instead of expressing moral outrage when the calling out occurs, you should avoid behaving like an ass in the first place.

I doubt that's sufficient lesson for you but I'm more than prepared to keep going.

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 10:32:49 PM »
Although Val's routine was origional for the new regime of figure girls...it was not completely original...

Does anyone remember the awesome guest performances of Debbie Kruck back in the day?  No gymnastics, no strength moves...just posing to music with AWESOME and creative themes...now THOSE were figure performances, done way back before "figure" was ever part of the sport!!!

I saw this video a few days ago of Debbie.  I thought the same as you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95PAGt18ySE

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 12:29:07 AM »
Heh.  Well, maybe he's just trying to suck up to whoever's fixing IFBB events this year.  Although now that the media ownership is separate from IFBB governance, that tactic probably won't work as well as in the past.  (I doubt Bonnie Fuller or David Pecker give a crap about any of this.)

Oh, you're right on that - Lift is absolutely one of the biggest IFBB suck-ups you'll ever meet, but sadly, it's almost no fun to pick on him for that anymore, because it's a position he gladly relishes.   :-\

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 12:31:30 AM »

Note to Lingster - Don't be bothered by Lift's characterization of your site.  Lift runs (or helps to run) a "schmoe site", too. 

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 04:45:14 AM »
Wasn't she supposed to take figure in a whole new direction? I do believe that is what she said as she grabbed the microphone at the press conference. Well, as far as I can see she didn't really do a good job on something that has been done really well by BB women and figure women in Europe for a long time. I was really hoping for her this would be something with a little "je ne sais quoi" and it just didn't deliver. The guest performance by BB Debie Laszewski was just beautiful. She came out in a kimono and held flags and used them in a routine that was fluid and sensual. She showed how beautiful and feminine a bodybuilder could be and what a well done posing routine could look like. If you are going to stop the press to declare something new and spectacular is going to happen as least make it good. This was not bad it just wasn't good. Tre you go to great lengths on all the boards to make excuses and explain any flaw in anything your girl does, this was priceless, "What I saw was a great idea that wasn't quite as smooth as it might've been, but I also know she's got so much on her plate that there was precious little time to devote to perfecting her routine."[/b] Wow, if this had been anyone else you would have been the first to slam-dunk her. I do hope Figure Competitors are asked to do guest posing in the future. It is not rocket science. Many of the women could pull off something like this or a whole lot better. Well, overall Trashy Bitch Barbie summed it when she said, " Kind of reminds me of my man Tre in bed; inadequate, lacking in substance and very, very anti climactic."  ;) :-* ;D 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 06:15:59 AM »
Many of the women could pull off something like this or a whole lot better. Well, overall Trashy Bitch Barbie summed it when she said, " Kind of reminds me of my man Tre in bed; inadequate, lacking in substance and very, very anti climactic."  ;) :-* ;D 
HAHA - Classic!

Tre - what schmoe site do I help run? If you equate me not endlessly bashing the IFBB to sucking up, then again so be it.

Lingster - All 4 of your posts are devoted to a woman whom you've never spoke with nor do you know how she viewed the interview. Pretty obvious she wasn't too upset if she would post it on her myspace page and send out an bulletin on it. Much less have dinner with the "ass" who interviewed her. Perhaps you should make a trip to the Sacramento show to meet the one you so desperately want to defend as she will be competing there.
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 09:15:06 AM »
HAHA - Classic!

Yes, we must give credit where it's due.

This MalibuB is one sharp cookie and in true GetBig fashion, I can admit a good 'owning' when I've been had.

Jason256

• Getbig I
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »
Wasn't she supposed to take figure in a whole new direction? I do believe that is what she said as she grabbed the microphone at the press conference. Well, as far as I can see she didn't really do a good job on something that has been done really well by BB women and figure women in Europe for a long time. I was really hoping for her this would be something with a little "je ne sais quoi" and it just didn't deliver. The guest performance by BB Debie Laszewski was just beautiful. She came out in a kimono and held flags and used them in a routine that was fluid and sensual. She showed how beautiful and feminine a bodybuilder could be and what a well done posing routine could look like. If you are going to stop the press to declare something new and spectacular is going to happen as least make it good. This was not bad it just wasn't good. Tre you go to great lengths on all the boards to make excuses and explain any flaw in anything your girl does, this was priceless, "What I saw was a great idea that wasn't quite as smooth as it might've been, but I also know she's got so much on her plate that there was precious little time to devote to perfecting her routine."[/b] Wow, if this had been anyone else you would have been the first to slam-dunk her. I do hope Figure Competitors are asked to do guest posing in the future. It is not rocket science. Many of the women could pull off something like this or a whole lot better. Well, overall Trashy Bitch Barbie summed it when she said, " Kind of reminds me of my man Tre in bed; inadequate, lacking in substance and very, very anti climactic."  ;) :-* ;D 

Dear Malibu Barbie

Although I disagree with you I have greatly enjoyed your posts on this and the other VW related thread.  I am one of those schmoes who get turned on by intelligent women with strong opinions and I hope to God that you are not a guy.  A few replies to your latest.

1.  The fact you and others are still discussing Val's  performances  at the O and WPB  (Jenny who?)  strongly suggests that there is a chance that she  will have a major impact in changing the 'sports' direction (assuming that the IFBB  does not go straight to replacing  figure with  the even more 'traditional' fit model bikini contests. Precedent can be  dangerous ground to stand on. )

2.  Although  "Many of the women could pull off something like this or a whole lot better."   it was Val who 'did it'.  Case closed, she gets the pioneer credit if it leads to anything.

3.  Regarding " Kind of reminds me of my man Tre in bed; inadequate, lacking in substance and very, very anti climactic."  clearly  Trashy Bitch Barbie did not pick up on Tre's legendary  'je ne  schmoe quoi'    Perhaps Tre was in a rush and forgot his baby oil, tape measure, and spy camera.

With Best Regards

Jason

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2006, 06:22:06 PM »
Lingster - All 4 of your posts are devoted to a woman whom you've never spoke with nor do you know how she viewed the interview. Pretty obvious she wasn't too upset if she would post it on her myspace page and send out an bulletin on it. Much less have dinner with the "ass" who interviewed her. Perhaps you should make a trip to the Sacramento show to meet the one you so desperately want to defend as she will be competing there.

What's she supposed to do?  Make a big fuss and damage her reputation, or roll with it and show that she takes criticism well?  I suspect you were counting on her passivity in response - bullies generally do.  Her willingness to turn the other cheek doesn't absolve you of the consequences of behaving like an ass.

Several people have contacted me since I started posting here saying, basically, "Great job with your posts but please don't tell anyone I said so," presumably requesting anonymity because they fear retribution.  And the response is nice to hear, but it's empty and I don't put much stake in it other than as a gauge of fear.  I believe the seeming randomness of judging criteria in the IFBB exists mostly as a cover for fixed results - rewarding of favored competitors and punishment of those who are in disfavor.  For some reason competitors tolerate this ridiculous situation, when they ought to be abandoning the IFBB for federations with better reputations for fair dealing.

And by the way, if you had any verifiable "journalist" chops, you'd be hitting out at this sort of thing, not abetting it as a cynical buffoon who considers himself a party to the "joke".  (The "joke" being that the competitors always get the short end of the stick, but they keep coming back for more abuse, year after year in a steady stream.)  IFBB management mocks and exploits its competitors, and people like you have decided you'd rather join in with the mockery and exploitation than do anything about it.  Congratulations, you've become an IFBB toady.

Seems to me enough harm was done to competitors at the Figure Olympia by (typical) IFBB results fixing, without jackals like yourself and Ron feeling at liberty to go around harassing them the next day.  In a way I'm glad you behaved so disgracefully, because it puts a microscope up to the IFBB's exploitation of competitors.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2006, 10:32:54 PM »
"Mighty Lingster"

MIGHT I suggest you should spend more time interacting with real women then on your animations of making women's breasts growing...

Need I say more?  ::)
Elevate Your Image.™

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 05:30:29 AM »
"Mighty Lingster"

MIGHT I suggest you should spend more time interacting with real women then on your animations of making women's breasts growing...

Need I say more?  ::)

You're not saying much at all, actually.  Since you're looking to discredit me through ad hominem argument instead of dealing with the actual argument, you should also check out the story site I run.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of grist to avoid the subject there.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I take it your non-response means you have no response?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 06:26:55 AM »
You're not saying much at all, actually.  Since you're looking to discredit me through ad hominem argument instead of dealing with the actual argument, you should also check out the story site I run.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of grist to avoid the subject there.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I take it your non-response means you have no response?
What is the arguement again? Oh right, Ron and I acting like Ted Nugent "ambushing" Val. Wait, what's the arguement?

You discredit yourself when you post animations of women's breasts growing, like that of a prepubescent boy. Let me know when you leave your fantasy basement and join us in reality.
Elevate Your Image.™