Author Topic: One reason for america's fatness  (Read 9074 times)

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: One reason for america's fatness
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2006, 07:02:28 AM »
It all comes down to laziness. Parents allow their kids to play playstation instead of join a sports team.

Fast Food became something of convenience because families are too busy trying to provide for their families

We have lost the sense of family...a nice dinner or breakfast at home with the family....

We have become the fattest nation because of laziness and the dollar!! Fast food has no nutrition at all..and in the end they are the ones profiting

Plus the Goodbum Principles!
Team Goodrum!

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2006, 11:43:26 AM »
I'm not a grunt and own my own company. So, yes. I do want to work because more work = more money. There is no same wage for fewer hours going on here. There is also a component of pride and satisfaction that comes in a day of good hard work done. Confidence that you can actually pull off a project and aren't a lazy f**k. Ironic how you all call us Americans fat and lazy because we, apparently, watch TV 24/7, yet, you all are laughing at us because you like your 2 months holiday and 6 hour work days. Talk about lazy.

Ok well you cant really relate this to self employed people as your wage is dependant on your workload.  In general self employed people work way more hours and work harder world wide, not just the USA.

If you had a permanant job with a company however whos going to not want longer holidays and shorter hours if your wage is the same?  Also Europeans are a lot more active than Americans so having time off work doesnt equate to being lazy.  You dont HAVE to lay in front of the TV for a whole week when off work.

There isnt much to be proud of in being a population of overworked people (although the US has lots to be proud of of course).

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2006, 04:30:23 PM »
I just looked at my social security benefits statement the other day and the US government now expects me to work to 67 in order to get full benefits when I believe it used to be 65.  The US government wants me to work until 67.  I might just be working for walmart when I get to be in my sixties as a greeter with one foot in my grave.

And the less employers can give you the more they can put in their own greedy little pockets.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »
I have a 5 page essay due tomorrow on this same subject. :'(
-

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2006, 07:32:25 PM »
Ok well you cant really relate this to self employed people as your wage is dependant on your workload.  In general self employed people work way more hours and work harder world wide, not just the USA.

If you had a permanant job with a company however whos going to not want longer holidays and shorter hours if your wage is the same?  Also Europeans are a lot more active than Americans so having time off work doesnt equate to being lazy.  You dont HAVE to lay in front of the TV for a whole week when off work.

There isnt much to be proud of in being a population of overworked people (although the US has lots to be proud of of course).

i have read that its much more stressful to work for someone then it is to  work for yourself...