Author Topic: Dubai  (Read 26339 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Dubai
« on: October 21, 2006, 01:54:44 AM »
I'v never been there, but have some business interest's there. So i will be heading to Dubai soon.  I did not know much about the city, but im shocked to see how much more advanced it is then New York and LA.. How is it that a city in UAE, can put NYC and LA to shame :-\.  I wonder if Trump is buying any commerical real estate over there? If i were him i would be!!

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
Re: Dubai
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 02:01:59 AM »
dubai is awesome check out these future projects:
http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/127/31/

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:06:25 AM »
Forgive my ignorance if wrong, but isn't Dubai in the UAE, and not in India. If so, then it is very easy to see how this city could put any American city, or any city in the world, for that matter, to shame. The Sheikhs, and their money and all...... 
Cam ad mi

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:26:15 AM »
Forgive my ignorance if wrong, but isn't Dubai in the UAE, and not in India. If so, then it is very easy to see how this city could put any American city, or any city in the world, for that matter, to shame. The Sheikhs, and their money and all...... 

Dubai is in fact part of the United Arab Emirates.

Matt you have " business interest's " in an area that not only have you not visited, but don't know where it is? Or do you mean that you are looking at business opportunities there? Years ago, I worked for a hotel chain that had built a property there and I was one of the trainers sent over for 6 weeks to get the staff in place to open the doors.

It's foolish to suggest that Dubai is more advanced then NY or LA . . . The architecture is progressive and very unique, but that is where it stops.

The Beef

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 02:33:29 AM »
We could put tennis courts on top of our buildings if we wanted too.
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 03:33:42 AM »
hahahaha

matt t is a one dumb fuck, he actually thinks dubai is in india, the uae is one the richest regions of the world,

YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE TYPICAL DUMB AMERICAN WHO DOESN'Y KNOW HIS ASS FROM HIS FACE.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 03:51:09 AM »
UAE is RULED BY ABU DHABI. E-mail me, and I will hook you up with a HUGE Player there!

arce97@yahoo.com
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 04:01:15 AM »
matt t is a one dumb f**k, he actually thinks dubai is in india

Matt next time Google. lol

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 04:07:10 AM »
Matt next time Google. lol

Especially before investing in a business there ;D
E

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 04:07:42 AM »
Business interests in India, eh? Owned! Most of the money used for all these projects is oil money, held by only a few people, as it is throughout the Middle east. Take that away, and they would still be herding sheep. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 04:31:10 AM »
Trump is already investing over one Billion dollars in Dubai.  they have some kind of island resort that looks like a palm tree being built.  Unreal project.  And honestly Matt if you are going to tell people you have business interests somewhere at least know what country you are talking about.  It will make the bullshit sound better. ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 04:47:33 AM »
Trump is already investing over one Billion dollars in Dubai.  they have some kind of island resort that looks like a palm tree being built.  Unreal project.  And honestly Matt if you are going to tell people you have business interests somewhere at least know what country you are talking about.  It will make the bullshit sound better. ::)
Hey Only, got a friend over there doing some architecting (there's a secure job for the next few years!) and he say they are creating a huge map of the world out of islands in the lagoon -ie. each island is a country and seen from (high) overhead it looks like the globe. Far out! (also too much money and too little brains, but I digress...)  :o

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 04:50:26 AM »

I saw a documentary on that palm tree it's unreal,
As for Matt trosifndhg he has pwned himself real bad here,

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 05:07:12 AM »
It has been said that because of the unstable-ness of the Middle East it is unwise to invest in Dubai property or business ventures. Here today, taken over by radicasl tomorrow...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 06:29:57 AM »
haha yeah business interests  ::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 06:34:00 AM »
I don't think that buying a shirt that reads "made in India" can be considered as "having business interest"
Here comes the money shot

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 06:42:42 AM »
I don't think that buying a shirt that reads "made in India" can be considered as "having business interest"

No but being flown half way across the world to get your marbles juggled could be considered business to some

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 06:45:11 AM »
No but being flown half way across the world to get your marbles juggled could be considered business to some

lol, that also depends on if they are using one hand or two.  Would the thread started care to enlighten us on this?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »
I'v never been there, but have some business interest's there. So i will be heading to Dubai soon.  I did not know much about the city, but im shocked to see how much more advanced it is then New York and LA.. How is it that a city in India, can put NYC and LA to shame :-\.  I wonder if Trump is buying any commerical real estate over there? If i were him i would be!!

How is having cool looking buildings ' more advanced ' ? if thats the case Las Vegas is the most advanced place on earth .

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 06:54:57 AM »
How is having cool looking buildings ' more advanced ' ? if thats the case Las Vegas is the most advanced place on earth .

we need to compare the quality and availability of hookers to truly judge a city's greatness

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 06:58:03 AM »
we need to compare the quality and availability of hookers to truly judge a city's greatness

Prostitution is illegal in the city , you have to go to the outskirts for the whore in Nevada and in Dubai I hope you like your whores wearing burkas lol

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 07:01:06 AM »
Prostitution is illegal in the city , you have to go to the outskirts for the whore in Nevada and in Dubai I hope you like your whores wearing burkas lol

is there any other way...I actually pay my hookers extra to put on a *ninja suit* burka

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 07:07:39 AM »
Dubai has a shot at hosting the 2016 Summer Olympic games...its the place to be for $$$ for a while to come

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 07:09:04 AM »

I agree.
E

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »
What about the architecture in Germany, for example Germanys capital city Paris has some unique buildings.