Author Topic: squat workout a couple months ago  (Read 6320 times)

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
Re: squat workout a couple months ago
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 07:03:38 PM »
I didn't see anybody catch that he claims 465, but there is only 455 on the bar. 4 45's+bar=405, and two 25's adds 50lbs....455. Unless he has a 55lb bar which I highly doubt.

Anyway, 10lbs...what does it matter? ;D

oooppps my bad...455 it is...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 06:42:46 AM »
And what exactly is my steroid regimen Jae??
The kind that doesnt work
L

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 10:11:53 AM »
Don't hate, appreciate ;D, that is alot of weight, half reps or not. I would guess he does fuller reps with less weight. Hutch, how much could you squat when you were not on roids?

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 02:05:03 PM »
Don't hate, appreciate ;D, that is alot of weight, half reps or not. I would guess he does fuller reps with less weight. Hutch, how much could you squat when you were not on roids?

I was in the 160's clean when not getting ready for a contest and I still squated 405 for 6 reps....most I have gone up to now is 5 plates...and no not ass to the floor but parallel...Parallel is how a squat is performed ass to the floor is just a great way to kill your knees and rest your quads at the bottom...

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 02:06:28 PM »
The kind that doesnt work

Well then I guess I am damn good Natural then....YAAAAYYYYYYYY

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 02:20:13 PM »
I was in the 160's clean when not getting ready for a contest and I still squated 405 for 6 reps....most I have gone up to now is 5 plates...and no not ass to the floor but parallel...Parallel is how a squat is performed ass to the floor is just a great way to kill your knees and rest your quads at the bottom...

Wrong!The real squat is below parallel! everything else is not a full squat.

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 02:35:07 PM »
Wrong!The real squat is below parallel! everything else is not a full squat.

the powerlifter pic looks too low to me...the drawing one is what I consider parallel...THat looks right to me

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »
Dude.......I don't even juice and can do that with 465.... Not very impressive if you CAN go parallel with it then its simple POST A PIC!

Bodybuilding is not "ego" lifting like others have said leave the ego at the door....... ::)

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »
Dude.......I don't even juice and can do that with 465.... Not very impressive if you CAN go parallel with it then its simple POST A PIC!

Bodybuilding is not "ego" lifting like others have said leave the ego at the door....... ::)

Well why dont you wait until its my leg day and I will post one..a video actually....And when its your leg day you can post one too right....

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 02:02:23 AM »
Mr>Hutch as I do feel your point is valid as far as going parallel, just wondering if you go higher reps, lower weight for balls to the floor squats? I have done both and find I get better results from the full squats then I do just parallel. This is not a rip by no means it's just a question, also you have the pins set at a good spot in the power rack is that were you come down too? I do applaud you for showing pictures and taking critique with a grain of salt. Everyone talks a good game until they get in the gym and show what they got. Which looks to me what you are showing.  ;D
Just spot me BITCH!!!

tflexxin

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 04:54:13 AM »
Hutch,
don't sweat the haters bro.  Deep squats are great, but they DO tear up knees.  Parallel is perfect.  Keep working hard!

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 08:13:01 AM »
does that look like just below parallel..NO...that pic is obviously not at my lowest point..I do lean to far forward though when I squat and it does drain my back a bit....

put the bar on your traps instead of below and you won't want to lean forward as much, you will kinda have to relearn balance, but the results are better and it feels a lot more comfortable to go low.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 08:19:44 AM »
but like you were saying the lower you go, the more glutes are activated...  fuck Jae he is just a internet tough guy... his mommy told him he was special and he believed her :P

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »
Looks like you go plenty deep and you're really strong IMO, but have problem with the form.

IMO, you could try to do OL type front squats instead of back squats as the primary leg excersise on every other leg workout, to help you get a more erect posture.

Look at Olympic weightlifters when they do back squats. Perfect execution.

Why? They're used to get real low, their achilles tendons are stretched out as well as their hip extensors.

Do front squats with a olympic lifting grip, go ass to calves on that excersise.

And back off the weight slightly on the squat for awhile, just focusing on nailing the form.

Just some suggestions. Also, ask JPM about his take on it, he knows this shit.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 11:36:22 PM »
what makes you think he comes even close to depth, zack? there's only one picture that shows him actually moving the weight and it's way high. there isn't even a picture of him with an easier weight all the way down. why the hell would he have his camera man snap a picture when he was that high? if there were 8 reps to the set, the guy should have gotten at least one when he was at decent depth.

hutch has a good physique, but it's obvious he can't use nearly the weight he's trying in those shots.

drop set

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2006, 02:55:43 PM »
 when i read your 18" arm thread i thought you looked quite good, but were just trying it on,undo the knot in your tape better still throw it away .get a new battery for your scales 188 aint impressive for 5'9 unless your at 2% bf.an although 450 squat is okay it aint enough to impress,an stop biggin yourself up when your good enough people will do it for you,your almost as irritating as alex an that true (NOB)adonis ,an that aint good