Author Topic: squat workout a couple months ago  (Read 6319 times)

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
squat workout a couple months ago
« on: October 21, 2006, 09:36:05 AM »
This was my first squat workout about a month after my last contest in July...hadnt done barbell squats in a about 3 months....worked my up to 465 for 8 reps...wanted to go higher for lower reps but my lower back wasnt use to the weight and was wore out...

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
Re: squat workout a couple months ago
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 09:38:52 AM »
some more

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 09:39:53 AM »
more

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:45:04 AM »
Half reps for half the results!
~

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 10:06:27 AM »
Lighten the load there Hutch and go ass to floor.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 10:35:46 AM »
I think we need some video. Lets see the whole movement, assuming we havent already.

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 12:16:57 PM »
Precisely.  Lower the weight dramatically and go for cleaner, fuller reps.  Check your ego at the door.  From what I've read of your posts, this will be difficult for you to manage, but hey, you need to realize that you aren't that impressive at all, especially for a juicer.

Next time you upload pics to try to impress people, like you have here, go for full reps and squat some weight that is actually impressive for a juicer.

Holy shit you guys are so quick to think of nothing but the negative aspects...On Barbell squats I go just below parallel and that is all...I do NOT do quarter reps...I do NOT go ass to the floor on barbell squats..I can go ass to the floor on smith squats because it takes a lot of pressure off of my already torn up knees...If you wanna go ass to the floor then great...I didnt post these pics to impress anyone...I post these pics because 99% of the people on here dont have the balls to post pics of themselves much less pics of training...I post pics of my measurements on here because no one else will do it, more than likely cuz they are lying...I talk the TRUTH about my supplementation because no one else will...I dont hide behind anything..You guys should consider it a gift that someone is actually "keeping it real" on here...

I will try and get video even though I hate doing that shit in the gym cuz I look like a dumbass recording myself lifting....ESPECIALLY when I am not impressive AT ALL, right tomr...

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 12:17:12 PM »
brutal quarter reps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »
the other thing i love is how when a guy posts pics of himself lifting he always adds, "i haven't done (insert lift here) in three years so i'm just breaking back into when you know that they've been doing it every week before the picture.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 12:22:14 PM »
if that is the lower you go, it looks like you train your lower back more than your legs

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 12:28:02 PM »
the other thing i love is how when a guy posts pics of himself lifting he always adds, "i haven't done (insert lift here) in three years so i'm just breaking back into when you know that they've been doing it every week before the picture.

Ya because I lie all the time on here right! ::)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 12:29:08 PM »
Ya because I lie all the time on here right! ::)
sure you do, you lie about your arm measurement, your bodyweight, so why wouldn't you lie about that?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 12:29:58 PM »
if that is the lower you go, it looks like you train your lower back more than your legs

does that look like just below parallel..NO...that pic is obviously not at my lowest point..I do lean to far forward though when I squat and it does drain my back a bit....

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 12:30:55 PM »
sure you do, you lie about your arm measurement, your bodyweight, so why wouldn't you lie about that?

You saw the post where I actually had a pic of my arm being measured right...was that a trick photo?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »
You saw the post where I actually had a pic of my arm being measured right...was that a trick photo?
i don't remember that one, what did you claim they measured?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 12:46:27 PM »
i don't remember that one, what did you claim they measured?

This is the pic from that post..

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 01:04:39 PM »

Its funny how you choose the worst pic..The first pic obviously shows that I am down lower than the pic you show..still not as low as I go but closer...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 01:42:30 PM »
Monster Lower Back Workout.. your squat regimen is similar to your steriod regimen, ameuterish at best.... Half rep, half results.
All Drugs
L

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 03:15:38 PM »
Monster Lower Back Workout.. your squat regimen is similar to your steriod regimen, ameuterish at best.... Half rep, half results.
All Drugs

And what exactly is my steroid regimen Jae??

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 03:31:35 PM »
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say that you need a slightly more experienced photographer. Get one before you post pics again. Posting that kinda crap will only get you ripped on. Hope this helps!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 03:50:42 PM »
haha, If "squatted" like that in my gym I'd get bitch slapped by the owners, If not by my training partner first,

this thread is self ownage, I doubt you could do full reps with 275.

I would like to add you do have a good physique.

Stavios

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 07:52:48 PM »
Its funny how you choose the worst pic..The first pic obviously shows that I am down lower than the pic you show..still not as low as I go but closer...

I was not flaming you Hutch, I think you have a very good physique

that's the only pic I saw were we could see the debt clearly but if you say you go lower, I believe you

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 12:28:37 AM »

nothing wrong with half squats! as a bodybuilder you dont actually need to squat all the way down, especially shorter guys because the glutes tend to overdevelop.I personally like to add 100 - 200lbs more for half squats every once in a while,it works great for the lower quads.

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2006, 03:12:10 AM »
I was not flaming you Hutch, I think you have a very good physique

that's the only pic I saw were we could see the debt clearly but if you say you go lower, I believe you

I didnt take i take it that way Stavios...Your a good guy, I know you call it like u see it....

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 05:21:13 PM »
I didn't see anybody catch that he claims 465, but there is only 455 on the bar. 4 45's+bar=405, and two 25's adds 50lbs....455. Unless he has a 55lb bar which I highly doubt.

Anyway, 10lbs...what does it matter? ;D