Author Topic: Like him or not, Jerry Falwell is right on target in this article!  (Read 4591 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Like him or not, Jerry Falwell is right on target in this article!
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 04:13:51 PM »
OzmO:

I like to listen to this guys sermons and I think you'll get something out of this regarding the accuracy/trustworthiness of the bible:

please go to

http://www.ewo.org/     

and over in the upper right hand corner click on "The New Testament the trustworthiness of it's......"

It will play a very interesting "sermon" about why you can trust the NT

Please let me know what you think :)

Ok, so i listened to some of it mostly the first 15 minutes and a few minutes towards the end.

I'm not disputing the accuracy of the translation of original texts.  Never was.  I have disputed the accuracy of Gospels themselves as they were written many years after Jesus's death.  And as a "new religion" is being formed i question intentions of the words themselves.

But that's just one of the reasons i don;t believe this is the complete word of GOD.  Just reading it tells me this isn't GOD.  Especially some of Paul's thoughts.  Please remember,  I believe word of GOD esists in the BIble.  I just don't believe it's "every word" 

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 10:00:30 AM »
There is an increasingly disturbing double standard as far as Christianity, and Islam are concerned. Sure, Jerry Falwell only WRITES about how wrong he believes Madonna's portrayal on the cross to be. Suppose Madonna were to emulate Mohamed, on the horseback of the holy Buraq, and then to portray the beheading of herself (Mohamed). There would be an immediate an outcry from the Muslim world like we have never seen. You would have litterally thousands of Muslim Clerics demanding her to stop, and calling for all "good Muslims" to "rise up" and kill this "unholy harlot". There would be, in effect, a Jihad against Madonna. You know that this is a true fact, and it is a reason why she would never do it, but on the other hand, Christians are not going to do anything except WRITE about it, and say that it is wrong. Why is one religion fair game, and another one life or death? South Park will continue to rip Christianity, and Jesus, but they are scared sheeitless to touch Islam or Mohamed. If  the Muslim leaders would threaten the lives of the Dutch cartoonists a few months back, for portraying Mohamed in a "less than flattering light" then they would have no problem with threatening to kill American entertainers. I really hope that we find a quick progression of the Islamic religion
Cam ad mi

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 10:07:07 AM »
Like him or not, Jerry Falwell is right on target in this article!

i dont get the whole "have you ever noticed" thing

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2006, 10:31:14 AM »
There is an increasingly disturbing double standard as far as Christianity, and Islam are concerned. Sure, Jerry Falwell only WRITES about how wrong he believes Madonna's portrayal on the cross to be. Suppose Madonna were to emulate Mohamed, on the horseback of the holy Buraq, and then to portray the beheading of herself (Mohamed). There would be an immediate an outcry from the Muslim world like we have never seen. You would have litterally thousands of Muslim Clerics demanding her to stop, and calling for all "good Muslims" to "rise up" and kill this "unholy harlot". There would be, in effect, a Jihad against Madonna. You know that this is a true fact, and it is a reason why she would never do it, but on the other hand, Christians are not going to do anything except WRITE about it, and say that it is wrong. Why is one religion fair game, and another one life or death? South Park will continue to rip Christianity, and Jesus, but they are scared sheeitless to touch Islam or Mohamed. If  the Muslim leaders would threaten the lives of the Dutch cartoonists a few months back, for portraying Mohamed in a "less than flattering light" then they would have no problem with threatening to kill American entertainers. I really hope that we find a quick progression of the Islamic religion
Great point!!!!!