Author Topic: how much is JAY CUTLER pressing in this pic...  (Read 6643 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: how much is JAY CUTLER pressing in this pic...
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 05:08:19 AM »
i remember years ago seeing a pic of nasser shoulder pressing those 200lbers in a shoulder w.o pictorial with ian harrison in flex magazine.

apparently chris lund used to use them for pictorials and, like jay, nasser apparently only did it for the camera. ::)

i think that's when it started getting really stupid because guys like wheeler, cormier and kovacs also got their pics taken with the things and all of a sudden they're all claiming 220lb d.b benches as part of their regular workouts.

when i finally saw a past used by date version of rich gaspari doing seated tri extensions with the thing i spit my black coffee all over the mag which consequently gave the pages a rather appropriate shade of brown.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 05:56:10 AM »
could you post that flex magazine scan..i really love these flex mag pics

I have that flex issue. I dont remember which one. I think Cutler was handling these 200's with ease
Get Big, or Die Trying

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 06:09:14 AM »

I have that flex issue. I dont remember which one. I think Cutler was handling these 200's with ease
could you post that pic of jay from the flex mag...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 06:09:26 AM »
I think a few spotters came over and handed him the weight and then quickly got out of the picture..

Or there are hooks hanging from the ceiling as the backround is dark.  Or they simply edited it out. 

hahahahah

no hooks elfinears but you are probably right on the spotters. at least jay can hold them(and get some type of isometric benefit)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 06:15:06 AM »
no hooks elfinears but you are probably right on the spotters. at least jay can hold them(and get some type of isometric benefit)
i would say jay could get few reps with the 200s..i bet he could.remember cormier struggled alot when he tried the 200s..so jay can get few reps if he wants to
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 06:20:29 AM »
Cutler stuggles with the 140s in his videos and you suddently think he is going to rep the 200s  ::)

Ronnie got 200 for 6 reps...and he is leaps years ahead of Cutler in strength. Hell, Kulco trains heavier than Cutler does.

Dball

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 06:40:17 AM »
what do you mean nope? He said it himself more than once, regardless of what he actually uses. I cant see Jay using the 220's for high or even moderate reps going by his DVDs. He just doesnt have true offseason strength because hes always lean and seems weak. I say weak, but then i think ive convinced myself of that because i always compare his poundages to Ronnies on his DVDs.

in the last flex jay is photographed rowing the 200's, and he gets 12.  the vegas gold brought in 220's for him special.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 06:42:11 AM »
i remember years ago seeing a pic of nasser shoulder pressing those 200lbers in a shoulder w.o pictorial with ian harrison in flex magazine.

apparently chris lund used to use them for pictorials and, like jay, nasser apparently only did it for the camera. ::)

i think that's when it started getting really stupid because guys like wheeler, cormier and kovacs also got their pics taken with the things and all of a sudden they're all claiming 220lb d.b benches as part of their regular workouts.

when i finally saw a past used by date version of rich gaspari doing seated tri extensions with the thing i spit my black coffee all over the mag which consequently gave the pages a rather appropriate shade of brown.
i would believe a 200lb. db tricep extension easier than a db bench press because you've got two hands on the db in the tricep extension.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 06:42:43 AM »
Why are we discussing an obvious fake weights picture.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 06:46:26 AM »
Why are we discussing an obvious fake weights picture.
i think it's real weight but he is just barely pushing one rep with it before the spotters come and take them from him, in his latest video One Step Closer he inclines the heaviest db's in the gym for an easy 10 they were at least 150's so he could probably push a very hard single with 200's if they handed them to him.

sammy1980

• Getbig II
  • congrats to the new mr o: melvin anthony
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 06:47:11 AM »
jay could probably do a few reps with 200lbs db if he worked up to it...but..the weights in that pic are fake weights because its a photo shoot!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 10:37:27 AM »
Cutler stuggles with the 140s in his videos and you suddently think he is going to rep the 200s  ::)

Ronnie got 200 for 6 reps...and he is leaps years ahead of Cutler in strength. Hell, Kulco trains heavier than Cutler does.
ronnie got 12reps with the 200s....and chris cormier got 5 or 6 reps..think before to type retarded fake shit
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 10:42:54 AM »
Nice photoshop done by the pro-photographer.  I bet Alexxx could rep those...

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 12:14:16 PM »

I have a shitload of old flex sitting in a Bin. I'm not sure which magazine those pics are from. but I'm looking
Get Big, or Die Trying

musclehead1

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »
the only thing i press is your mother's ponderous bulk off of me when she tried to rape me.
I guess you're not man enough so you have to bring my mother into this.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 12:33:06 PM »
I guess you're not man enough so you have to bring my mother into this.
i had to, she's quite the freak.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »
hahahaha, no he doesn't, he almost died doing a pair of 160's on shoulder presses for 6 half reps on Cost of Redemption.

AHAHAHAHAH!!!  "he almost died"

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 01:58:46 PM »
any guesses?

THE PHOTOS ARE FAKE...

THE REAL PICS ARE PROBABLY NO MORE THAN 100 POUND DUMBELLS
C

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »
ronnie got 12reps with the 200s....and chris cormier got 5 or 6 reps..think before to type retarded fake shit

umm..no. Ronnie got 12 on FLAT...the picture YOU posted of Cutler is on incline, which Ronnie did 6 reps with 200. Cormier had no business doing the 200lb DBs he couldnt even control them. You don't seem too bright do you? :-\

Dball

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »

it is the new one, with john cena on the cover

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2006, 06:55:40 PM »
i had to, she's quite the freak.

now now now, let's not talk about mothers. i mean, let's think about yours. poor woman's probably run herself ragged throwing letters to your high school guidance counselor and principal so the kids on the football team would stop picking on you. and she was even nice enough to buy you a little weight set.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2006, 08:08:21 PM »
There are so few pros who can truly handle the 200s for pressing and even fewer for incline.  Its bullshit and they are fake weights.

BillyGuns

• Getbig II
  • I hope you got your tickets to the gun show!
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2006, 11:44:15 PM »
I saw the pics where they handed the bells to him. He is just holding them for the shot.

I would guess that many of the pics in the mags are actually just pics of the man doing a negative.
genetic phenom

whitewidow

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2006, 11:47:34 PM »
I would guess that many of the pics in the mags are actually just pics of the man doing a negative.

this cant really be billy.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2006, 06:07:02 AM »
There are so few pros who can truly handle the 200s for pressing and even fewer for incline.  Its bullshit and they are fake weights.

exactly....Ronnie is one of the few (if not only) guys that can actually control the 200lbs DB (by that I mean sit them on your knees, lean back, and press them in a very controlled manner). Cormier was on his back and had them put in his hands and he didnt even get them up without help and it was very uncontrolled. Very lucky he didnt tear a pec.