Author Topic: Totally New Training Regime  (Read 867 times)

TDK

• Getbig II
Totally New Training Regime
« on: November 06, 2006, 12:22:32 PM »
I've been thinking of a totally new way to train recently after getting bored with my old splits and DC training.

I have come up with the idea of using mainly compound movements and doing an all out low rep set and one high rep set for each exercise.  First set in the rep range of 5-6 and the second 15-20.  I know this may have been done before many times but I havent read much about training this way.  Using this system I hit different types of fibres and get the benefits of low and high rep training.  I devised this idea mainly from the widow maker sets used with legs and lagging bodyparts in DC training.

I am also alternating my exercises so I hit one exercise for one bodypart first then an exercise for the second bodypart after that.  eg....bench press, then BB row, then incline press, then pulldowns etc.  Eryk Bui does this style of training and he's gained a shed load of mass recently (although Im sure this is mainly his gear use).  It just seemed to appeal to me when I read about it.

This is my new routine:

Chest and Back:

Incline Press 1 x 6, 1 x 20
BB Row 1 x 6, 1 x 20
Bench Press 1 x 6, 1 x 20
T-Bar Row 1 x 6, 1 x 20
Incline DB Flyes 1 x 6, 1 x 20
Pulldowns 1 x 6, 1 x 20

Legs:

Squats 1 x 6, 1 x 20
Lying Leg Curl 1 x 6, 1 x 20
Leg Press 1 x 6, 1 x 20
SL Deadlift 1 x 6, 1 x 20
Calve Raise 1 x 6, 1 x 20

Delts and Arms

Seated Military Press 1 x 6, 1 x 20
BB Curl 1 x 6, 1 x 20
EZ Lying Extensions 1 x 6, 1 x 20
Upright Row 1 x 6, 1 x 20
EZ Preacher Curl 1 x 6, 1 x 20
CG Bench Press 1 x 6, 1 x 20

I will train 4 times a week and rotate these 3 workouts continuously.

Anyone got any comments on this routine?  Love it?  Hate it?  Think you can improve it?

I've been doing it a week and the pumps are damn wild and I feel good and strong.  Will see how it goes.

TDK

• Getbig II
Re: Totally New Training Regime
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »
Any opinions on this program?  pumpster?  figgs?  JPM?  Anyone?...

Ahh well, Im off to train chest and back.