Author Topic: My HIT log  (Read 37172 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: My HIT log
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »
I have about 3 gyms locally that have the naut. versions...seems like that's the only piece of the old naut equipment that is still around which is a shame cause it's great stuff.  I heard they have a lawsuit againts them over something regarding all that old equipement that's why it's so rare.  The hammer version is ok but not the same.  I used to work extensively with pullover machines back in the early 90's and they were great for lat work.

What about those who do not have accessto such a machine??

I had sum shoulder problems  (a/c i think) in the summer and it was a time wen i was doing alot of pullover presses (usually sets of 15 reps), there isnt really another way to isolate back tho is ther??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2006, 08:18:05 AM »
The one Yates has in Temple Gym is one of the original Nautilis ones....but I saw on their website they are about $5500 so that explains why I've never seen one :o

Oh, and what's up with the "pubes" shit? Try and keep that immaturity in the truce thread ;)

I take the time to suggest alternatives available to him that would never occur to him, and instead of thanx it's more whining. Focus on the positives and training info, which is what this board is about. Something you haven't been about.

Nautilus pullover was probably their best machine ever, but the new ones by other companies are still very good if not identical.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2006, 09:15:11 AM »
What about those who do not have accessto such a machine??

I had sum shoulder problems  (a/c i think) in the summer and it was a time wen i was doing alot of pullover presses (usually sets of 15 reps), there isnt really another way to isolate back tho is ther??

davie

DB pullovers are a good substitute.  You have to make sure you do them right, I'd start off light, go for 20+ reps getting a really deep stretch, hips low, pull with your elbows...search around on the web, I'm sure you can find a really good explanation of how to do them to get the most out of your back work.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2006, 09:43:18 AM »
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/CBPullover.html

kinda like these but use a dumbell instead of a cable, breath in while your lowering it and try to expand your ribcage, blow out on the way up..remember to pull with your elbows or your tri's will take over.
nasser=piece of shit

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2006, 04:43:54 PM »
Quads:

Total training time-2 minutes

Leg extensions- 175 x 6 + 4 w/ help
Leg presses- 470 x 12 + 6 w/ help

Another GREAT workout! I put on some Pantera and blasted Death Rattle Shakes, followed by Revolution Is My Name, which got my adrenaline fuckin flooding!

I'm using more static holds and negatives than ever before. On my last rep of leg extensions, I held in the peak contraction position for as long as possible and slowly lowered before I got up and went over to the leg press. THAT'S intensity!

Those leg presses nearly caused me to blow an artery! That guy doing leg presses in that HIT video had no intensity compared to me. With forced reps, I went to absolute failure!! I love it!!

Rating: 9 out of 10
~

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2006, 03:37:08 AM »
Quads:

Total training time-2 minutes

Leg extensions- 175 x 6 + 4 w/ help
Leg presses- 470 x 12 + 6 w/ help

Another GREAT workout! I put on some Pantera and blasted Death Rattle Shakes, followed by Revolution Is My Name, which got my adrenaline fuckin flooding!

I'm using more static holds and negatives than ever before. On my last rep of leg extensions, I held in the peak contraction position for as long as possible and slowly lowered before I got up and went over to the leg press. THAT'S intensity!

Those leg presses nearly caused me to blow an artery! That guy doing leg presses in that HIT video had no intensity compared to me. With forced reps, I went to absolute failure!! I love it!!

Rating: 9 out of 10

Good for u mate, sounds tuff. Im not a huge fan of forced reps, i mean if im gonna fail then my spotter helps me get that rep finished and probs one more, but i would then have a rest/pause and try get another rep or 2 myself after that.

haha he might not have ur intensity, but he was making sum great noises with each rep he did, so he sounds the part lol.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2006, 02:31:19 PM »
Keep the updates coming

what about deadlifts, you didn't mention them in your logs
Here comes the money shot

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2006, 02:40:24 PM »
Keep the updates coming

what about deadlifts, you didn't mention them in your logs

Thanks for coming through.  ;D

I do deadlifts every back workout. I should have at least 2 back workouts with deadlifts logged in this thread. My last back workout is posted on page #3.
~

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »
i can full squat the same weight you leg press for 10.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2006, 04:35:38 PM »

lol but figgs is still a youngster so we should give him credit for training hard for a full 2 minutes.
just push some weight!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2006, 04:45:05 PM »
lol but figgs is still a youngster so we should give him credit for training hard for a full 2 minutes.
hahahahaha, damn i expected that when he said one set of leg presses that it was like 10 to 12 plates on each side for full reps, that's the only way i'd brag about doing i set for legs.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
hahahahaha, damn i expected that when he said one set of leg presses that it was like 10 to 12 plates on each side for full reps, that's the only way i'd brag about doing i set for legs.

Maybe he only counted one side. Figgs seems really thick with short limbs so it could be possible he is doing twice that easy!
just push some weight!

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2006, 05:59:21 PM »

I'm sure you can. That's the only downside to HIT. All my lifts are much, much less than what I'd normally do.

It's not just training hard for two minutes, it's training harder than you can ever imagine for two minutes. Harder than you've ever seen anyone, pro or gymrat, ever train in your entire life.

~

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2006, 06:04:34 PM »
Maybe he only counted one side. Figgs seems really thick with short limbs so it could be possible he is doing twice that easy!

Really juvenile; Alexxx here with a swimmer's bod should be considering any plan to improve.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2006, 06:11:40 PM »
Shoulders and arms:

Total training time- 8 minutes

Deltoids-
DB side laterals- 15 x 12
DB press- 40 x 3
drop set
25 x 4
Reverse pec deck- 120 x 10

Biceps-
Close grip underhand pulldowns- 140 x 10

Triceps-
Cable pressdowns- 50 x 10
Dips x 8

Well, I've done it again. I've exceeded myself. I was even more intense then I was last time. All sets were taken to absolute failure (as always) and I can't complain about a single thing.

Well, maybe I'm being anal, but I should have chosen a lighter weight to DB press after my laterals. I had to drop set because the 40s were too heavy (as strange as that sounds to me because I was doing the 40s when I first started training). Next time I'll go for the 35s. But the workout was still spectacular.

Workout rating- 9 out of 10 (10 without the drop set on DB presses!)

I took a few pictures afterwards but none of them came out any good. Here's a little arm shot. They were 16 1/2 a few months ago and I'd bet they're 17s by now. With HIT, they'll be 17 1/2 in no time!
~

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »
Really juvenile; Alexxx here with a swimmer's bod should be considering any plan to improve.

I think Alex is a cool guy, but I think I may have offended him by saying that my bodybuilding idol trains harder than his bodybuilding idol. And then proving it!  ;D
~

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2006, 07:41:31 PM »
hahahahahahahaha, are you kidding me? you're using only 40lb. db's on PRESSES?

Yep, but keep in mind this is RIGHT after DB laterals. And with the dumbell laterals I go to positive failure with slow forced reps, static failure and finally I reach negative failure before dropped those 15s and go immediately into my 40 pound DB presses. It looks funny but the way it feels is no laughing matter!

I was DB pressing the 80s before I started HIT and I really consider delts a weak point. I hope I can do more after this HIT cycle is over. But for mass, HIT is really packing it on my delts so far!
~

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2006, 08:37:46 PM »
I think Alex is a cool guy, but I think I may have offended him by saying that my bodybuilding idol trains harder than his bodybuilding idol. And then proving it!  ;D

I love you too figgs but Mentzer < Arnold. :P

You will realize at a certain point that the amount of weight you lift dictates the size. Keep training hard you seem like you know what you are doing.
just push some weight!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2006, 11:03:47 PM »
hahahahahahahaha, are you kidding me? you're using only 40lb. db's on PRESSES?

Unless someone's done true HIT with the help of a training partner, there's no way to judge what 40s feel like in that context. At the end of doing strips sets, each set done to failure, the last set might  involve 15 lb. DBs.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2006, 06:08:52 AM »
Why did you not do your heavier compound movements like your shoulder presses first? Why also is there so few reps with your sets?  I worked out shoulders just the other day in what i percieved to be the HIT way of training but almost did the exact opposite of you. Here's an example, I did seated military presses with 225 for 12 reps then dropping the weight down to 185 til I was unable to do another rep, then using 135 until I fatigued on that one as well. The went straight to the raises with 40lbs for both front and side raises and just running down the rack until I couldn't move the 10lber's.  It seems that HIT just reads as go until you blow kind of concept. With you picking a weight that is heavy initially and then burning out the targeted muscle groups to failure in the fastest time possible. Even though I was unable to do any more shoulder presses, the raises still were easy for about the first 8 reps. Your progress so far in this tread you're writing is very impressive and very helpful in helping pick out the right exercises for this style of training.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2006, 06:22:06 AM »
Why did you not do your heavier compound movements like your shoulder presses first? Why also is there so few reps with your sets?  I worked out shoulders just the other day in what i percieved to be the HIT way of training but almost did the exact opposite of you. Here's an example, I did seated military presses with 225 for 12 reps then dropping the weight down to 185 til I was unable to do another rep, then using 135 until I fatigued on that one as well. The went straight to the raises with 40lbs for both front and side raises and just running down the rack until I couldn't move the 10lber's.  It seems that HIT just reads as go until you blow kind of concept. With you picking a weight that is heavy initially and then burning out the targeted muscle groups to failure in the fastest time possible. Even though I was unable to do any more shoulder presses, the raises still were easy for about the first 8 reps. Your progress so far in this tread you're writing is very impressive and very helpful in helping pick out the right exercises for this style of training.

I won't comment for Figgs but I'll say what I think he intended to do.  First one of the protocols that exists in HIT training is "pre-exhaust".  By doing isolation movements before his compound movements he's stimulating the delt muscle while not allowing the tri's to get involved in the movement.  this way when he does his actual pressing movements his delts already are "worked" and won't suffer from the assistance his tri's are going to give him.  Obviously you're gonna get more benifit from using max weight on the pressing movements but when you did them did you're shoulders fail or did your tri's? it's all about getting maximum overload on the bodypart you're training, try pre-exhausting next time or double pre exhausting next time and then doing your pressing movements.  It's a different approach mantally than what you'll be used to but you'll probably get a totally new feeling in your shoulders when your done.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2006, 06:25:11 AM »
cool page with lots of good concepts that can be used by anyone doing hit training...I really enjoy reading this stuff, it might not all work for everyone but some stuff can be carried over and used by almost everyone in this thread:

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Beyond_Failure_Training_-_Trevor_Smith/m_93079/tm.htm
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2006, 06:47:37 AM »
It just confuses me how one gains strength training this way when not moving the most amount of weight possible in each exercise but, the pre-exhaust makes sense.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2006, 07:24:31 AM »
It just confuses me how one gains strength training this way when not moving the most amount of weight possible in each exercise but, the pre-exhaust makes sense.

it's all about how much "direct" stimulation the delts are getting vs. how much they're getting while the tri's are involved...
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2006, 07:26:53 AM »
That article you posted in another thread sounds exactly like what I have been doing. Either way, It seems the results will come due to the simple fact that they are a different way of training than the ways both figgs and I used to do it. One of the first rules to bodybuilding people seem to forget is to always be changing the rules of the game up. I hope to see the results figgs is seeing very soon.