Author Topic: wich was the best ROCKY movie...  (Read 9394 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
wich was the best ROCKY movie...
« on: November 12, 2006, 12:22:55 AM »
i would say rock 3..the comeback that sly makes in tha movie was awesome after he loses his first fight to clubber lang..rocky 4 was good too but rocky 3 was perfection
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
Re: wich was the best ROCKY movie...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 12:26:12 AM »
Rocky 4: better soundtrack and better opponent (Ivan Dragouh)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:43:38 AM »
ROCKY 4!!!!!
pure 80's action brilliance.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:29:59 AM »

Slick Vic

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 05:52:29 AM »
Rocky 4. Closely followed by Rocky 3.

"Get up you son-of-a-bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves ya!"  :D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 08:21:29 AM »

it was unique

E
E

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 08:48:35 AM »
Rocky 1, then 2 through 4, followed by 5(it was a little disappointing).
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 09:05:39 AM »
Rocky 1  hands down.    The rest were like the sequels to First Blood

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »
Rocky 1   (Sly & his raw talent in acting.  It's before he became a name & you can tell he's not trying to not over act, but play the part.  The fight scene was more believeable.  Creed is an awesome combination of Ali & a few other great boxing champs.  Rocky's apartment, gym, training, the freezer, hopes, dreams & desires were awesome.  The man just want to go the distance & prove he just wasn't another bum on the street.  He was a nobody that no one gave two shits about.  His best performace bar none.

Rocky 2 The next best movie following the original Rocky.  The struggles of a man trying to become something other than a boxer for his wife.  During the search, realizes that he doesn't have the brains to do anything other than manual labor.  The champ (Creed) realizes that a nobody just came from no where & stood toe to toe with him.  Two men with something to prove & nothing to lose.  A wife that although loves her husband, cannot support watching him take another beating.  Finnally she realizes that she's letting him down, supports her husband & wants him to do one thing....win.  And the best part of the movie......."Yo Adrian.....I did it".

Rocky 4  I put this one ahead of #3.  When you look at the bad guy (Drago) he destroys Clubber.  Stallone probably looked his best in this movie.  James Brown, the death of Creed, the old school training in Russia, the soundtrack, the cars, the steroids.....you just can't beat it.

Rocky 3 There was a few things I like about this movie...& alot of things I disliked about this movie.  It started out good showing short clips of Rocky defending his title which was cool.  Then it went to a boring assed segment of him telling a story to his son on a golf cart.  Thunderlips was cool.  The whole retirement segment was lame.  The dumb training before the first Clubber fight.  The way Micky died was dumb.  What really seemed stupid was how Rock has all this "heart" but he seemed more bothered by losing the title to Clubber & being carried by Micky for his title defense than the actual death of Micky.  What kind of stupid shit is that?  The return of Creed was cool.  The south LA training was cool.  The new 'shredded' look of Rocky was cool.  If the other parts weren't so lame....this would be ranked ahead of #4.

Rocky 5  Damn....where do I start?  Was there a real good part in this movie?  Well, sitting here I can only think of a couple.  "You knocked him down....how about trying to knock me down now".  The end fight scene was cool....but when they had his son say "knock out the punk....he took my room"...I just laughed.  Tommy Morrison was ok....just plain old ok.  The fake or imitation Don King was pretty lame.  Rocky's son was gay as hell.  Paulie was the only one that had a good supporting role in this move.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 12:03:52 PM »
good post knny! i agree.
bodybuildersreality.com

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 12:05:50 PM »
Rocky 1   (Sly & his raw talent in acting.  It's before he became a name & you can tell he's not trying to not over act, but play the part.  The fight scene was more believeable.  Creed is an awesome combination of Ali & a few other great boxing champs.  Rocky's apartment, gym, training, the freezer, hopes, dreams & desires were awesome.  The man just want to go the distance & prove he just wasn't another bum on the street.  He was a nobody that no one gave two shits about.  His best performace bar none.

Rocky 2 The next best movie following the original Rocky.  The struggles of a man trying to become something other than a boxer for his wife.  During the search, realizes that he doesn't have the brains to do anything other than manual labor.  The champ (Creed) realizes that a nobody just came from no where & stood toe to toe with him.  Two men with something to prove & nothing to lose.  A wife that although loves her husband, cannot support watching him take another beating.  Finnally she realizes that she's letting him down, supports her husband & wants him to do one thing....win.  And the best part of the movie......."Yo Adrian.....I did it".

Rocky 4  I put this one ahead of #3.  When you look at the bad guy (Drago) he destroys Clubber.  Stallone probably looked his best in this movie.  James Brown, the death of Creed, the old school training in Russia, the soundtrack, the cars, the steroids.....you just can't beat it.

Rocky 3 There was a few things I like about this movie...& alot of things I disliked about this movie.  It started out good showing short clips of Rocky defending his title which was cool.  Then it went to a boring assed segment of him telling a story to his son on a golf cart.  Thunderlips was cool.  The whole retirement segment was lame.  The dumb training before the first Clubber fight.  The way Micky died was dumb.  What really seemed stupid was how Rock has all this "heart" but he seemed more bothered by losing the title to Clubber & being carried by Micky for his title defense than the actual death of Micky.  What kind of stupid shit is that?  The return of Creed was cool.  The south LA training was cool.  The new 'shredded' look of Rocky was cool.  If the other parts weren't so lame....this would be ranked ahead of #4.

Rocky 5  Damn....where do I start?  Was there a real good part in this movie?  Well, sitting here I can only think of a couple.  "You knocked him down....how about trying to knock me down now".  The end fight scene was cool....but when they had his son say "knock out the punk....he took my room"...I just laughed.  Tommy Morrison was ok....just plain old ok.  The fake or imitation Don King was pretty lame.  Rocky's son was gay as hell.  Paulie was the only one that had a good supporting role in this move.

spot on :)
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 02:25:15 PM »
Rocky 4 by far.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »
i refuse to acknoeldge that there was really a rocky 5 made, lol.  that one blew

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
Rocky 4 by far.
yeah this one is the one i'd say too, with Apollo dying and Mick being gone and everything, Rocky is trully on his own. I didn't know there was a 5th and when i watched number 4 I was pretty scared Rocky was going to die.
bodybuildersreality.com

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 04:55:07 AM »

I was going to give my 2 cents but yours is much better and I would rank them the same.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 04:56:48 AM »
Im with you AS

knny has a mysterious passionate soul

beautiful post k n n y 1 8 7

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 05:26:18 AM »
i would say rock 3..the comeback that sly makes in tha movie was awesome after he loses his first fight to clubber lang..rocky 4 was good too but rocky 3 was perfection
Rocky 4 when he fights Drago. Best training i've seen him do.

PB

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 05:30:06 AM »
Rocky 1 won the academy award for best film, none of the others were nominated(but they all should have won, sans 5).

* 1976 (49th) Rocky - Chartoff-Winkler, United Artists - Irwin Winkler, Robert Chartoff
          o All the President's Men - Wildwood, Warner Bros. - Walter Coblenz
          o Bound for Glory - United Artists - Robert F. Blumofe, Harold Leventhal
          o Network - Gottfried/Chayefsky, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists - Howard Gottfried
          o Taxi Driver Bill/Phillips-Scorsese - Michael Phillips, Julia Phillips
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 06:24:36 AM »

yeah there was a good part, THE WHOLE MOVIE WAS GOOD

the "he took my room" line is really something that a kid that age would say during a fight

tommy gunn was great and in real life he would kill mr. t or dolph, that is why he was superior to them

people didn't like this rocky because it wasn't the same old typical boring predictable rocky movie where he trains his ass off while being an underdog for a championship fight

how many times do you want the same movie?

E
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 06:52:53 AM »

I saw DeNiro in "Raging Bull" before watching any of the "Rocky" movies...

Naturally, I think all Rocky movies suck. Stallone is horrible as an actor, and it's hard to get past the leading role in such a movie.

I will say though, Mr T and Dolph were funny in a corny way.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 07:05:37 AM »

awesome post knny...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

theonlyone

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 07:07:36 AM »
Lol Your russian was so lame in rocky 4th th th th th th ( sounds correct if you knock off your front teeth so your tongue applies right way ). You know you sounded so stupid now it bites you in the ass. lame Russian was one back draw in rocky series. The soviet union boxers beat the the the the the the the living shit out of american athletes.

theonlyone

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 08:07:24 AM »

Rocky 4  I put this one ahead of #3.  When you look at the the the the the the the the the a the bad guy (Drago) he destroys Clubber.  Stallone probably looked his best in this movie.  James Brown, the death of Creed, the old school training in Russia, the soundtrack, the cars, the steroids.....you just can't beat it.

Rocky 3 There the the the the was a few things I like about this movie...& alot of things I disliked about this movie.  It started out good showing short clips of Rocky defending his title which was cool.  Then it went to a boring assed segment of him telling a story to his son on a golf cart.  Thunderlips was cool.  The whole retirement segment was lame.  The the the the the the the the dumb training before the first Clubber fight.  The way Micky died was dumb.  What really seemed stupid was how Rock has all this "heart" but he seemed more bothered by losing the title to Clubber & being carried by Micky for his title defense than the actual death of Micky.  What kind of stupid shit is that?  The the the the the the return of Creed was cool.  The south LA training was cool.  The new 'shredded' look of Rocky was cool.  If the other parts weren't so lame....this would be ranked ahead of #4.

Rocky 5  Damn....where do I start?  Was there a real good part in this movie?  Well, sitting here I can only think of a couple.  "You knocked him down....how about trying to knock me down now".  The end fight scene was cool....but when they had his son say "knock out the punk....he took my room"...I just laughed.  Tommy Morrison was ok....just plain old ok.  The fake or imitation Don King was pretty lame.  Rocky's son was gay as hell.  Paulie was the the the the the a the the the a the only one that had a a a a a a a a the a good supporting role in this move.

Hi american guy, 1st of all all russians whom I have asked whether did they believe the the the ( lame english we don't have lame THE in Russian ) the the the the Rocky 4th has been shot in Russia they replied no it was filmed in Canada or something. The pictures, nature scenes doen't even remotely remind Russia. It was Canada or somethinng, even snowy plains etc etc even the a the the in da house the Rocky trained in was not russian looking like etc etc etc. The town called Krasnogurbinsk there is 100 % the town would have not had been named like this as it sounds veeeeeery stupid only americans can "eat" it. All was so fake, staged up. The the a.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 08:53:39 AM »
Hi american guy, 1st of all all russians whom I have asked whether did they believe the the the ( lame english ) the the the the Rocky 4th has been shot in Russia they replied no it was filmed in Canada or something. It doesnt even remotely remind Russian. It was Canada or somethinng, even snowy plains etc etc even the house the Rocky trained in was not russian like etc etc etc. The town called Krasnogubinsk there is 100 % the town would have not had been named like this as it sounds veeeeeery stupid only americans can "eat" it. All was so fake.

Huh.....I didn't care where it was shot...but Rock's different attempt of old school, snow running, rock tossing, barn training was what I was refferring to.

It could have been shot in Mexico for all I care.

theonlyone

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 09:13:11 AM »
Huh.....I didn't care where it was shot...but Rock's different attempt of old school, snow running, rock tossing, barn training was what I was refferring to.

It could have been shot in Mexico for all I care.
Gotcha
But make sure the scenes the atmosphere everything were not to being any close to real Russia or even to the the a the an da USSR of 80's and 70's. Nature, hills, even snowy plains, cars, aircrafts, the town's name, thanks we understand how wrong you imagine Russia.
When rounds were coming in a row you had wrong word in russian for naming rounds to come "krug" or something. It would be equal if I on my own would imagine in English to call rounds in boxing as not rounds but pounds or balls or arounds. Now imagine how stupid and funny BUSH president like you have looked?