Author Topic: Big Vic Martinez in Venice, Ca.  (Read 6473 times)

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
Re: Big Vic Martinez in Venice, Ca.
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 07:23:39 AM »
If anyone is overrated it is DEX!!!, he is quite possibly the most overrated BBer of this generation. He has been talked about as being the ideal for aesthetics and possible Mr. O if it wasn't for mass monsters, well f**k that he has high lats, small chest, no quad detail, zero calves, and a gut that is slowly on it's way to becoming grotesque. How he beat Cormier for the ASC in 2005 is still unexplainable and his high placings in the O are outright ridicules as he seems to beat most with purely conditioning and IMO his conditioning has not been all that spectacular lately.

wow honestly couldnt disagree with you more... i dont think dex is under rated... but he's def not over rated...

1st, this small chest nonsense is retarded... almost anyone will tell you that dexters side chest/ side tri and crab mm are some of the best out there... and those are the three poses where a guys chest plays a large rolde in the criteria
he doesnt have a huge hanging chest, but he isnt a tall guy... shawn has said that dexters side chest is better then ronnies!! ... he has wide clavicles which makes his chest wide in addition to have the most detailed and conditioned chest ever

2nd, in 2005 cormier looked great but not good enough to be dexter, u mention the conditioning factor, but "chris was inshape for chris"... thats it... he couldnt touch dex in conditioning... when they stood next to one another the dif was obvious... plus although chris has a huge chest it isnt that detailed, and he has vertualy no inner arm seperation to go along with his smallish arms... = soft

3rd... although i agree that at this years O and arnold dexters conditioning "wasnt great for dexter" it was still y far the best on stage save for maybe dave henry

dexter does have high lats, and calves... smaller quads... but ask 99.9% of bodybuilding fans who'd theyde look like out of all the pros out there today and theyd say dex... ude be maybe the .00000000000000000000000 000001% that would say chris

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 07:33:30 AM »
If anyone is overrated it is DEX!!!, he is quite possibly the most overrated BBer of this generation. He has been talked about as being the ideal for aesthetics and possible Mr. O if it wasn't for mass monsters, well f**k that he has high lats, small chest, no quad detail, zero calves, and a gut that is slowly on it's way to becoming grotesque. How he beat Cormier for the ASC in 2005 is still unexplainable and his high placings in the O are outright ridicules as he seems to beat most with purely conditioning and IMO his conditioning has not been all that spectacular lately.
very true
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 10:58:20 AM »
wow honestly couldnt disagree with you more... i dont think dex is under rated... but he's def not over rated...

1st, this small chest nonsense is retarded... almost anyone will tell you that dexters side chest/ side tri and crab mm are some of the best out there... and those are the three poses where a guys chest plays a large rolde in the criteria
he doesnt have a huge hanging chest, but he isnt a tall guy... shawn has said that dexters side chest is better then ronnies!! ... he has wide clavicles which makes his chest wide in addition to have the most detailed and conditioned chest ever

2nd, in 2005 cormier looked great but not good enough to be dexter, u mention the conditioning factor, but "chris was inshape for chris"... thats it... he couldnt touch dex in conditioning... when they stood next to one another the dif was obvious... plus although chris has a huge chest it isnt that detailed, and he has vertualy no inner arm seperation to go along with his smallish arms... = soft

3rd... although i agree that at this years O and arnold dexters conditioning "wasnt great for dexter" it was still y far the best on stage save for maybe dave henry

dexter does have high lats, and calves... smaller quads... but ask 99.9% of bodybuilding fans who'd theyde look like out of all the pros out there today and theyd say dex... ude be maybe the .00000000000000000000000 000001% that would say chris

Dex has big arms which over power the rest of his physique, no one should be rewarded just for having big arms and conditioning.
I

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 12:26:15 PM »
My opinion may not count for much but I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway. Victor is flawless but.... His two torn Quads and funky looking calves ( and sometimes questionable conditioning) are his undoing. His back is Mr Olympia caliber as are his arms, abs and delts. Honest to god though, two obviously torn up quads connected to two obviously synthol or site injected calves are what will ultimately keep him from the top. Take that aspect of his physique away and he is Mr. Olympia. All other things considered, he is a bigger Flex Wheeler and in my opinion ( with his legs being in tact) a more deserving Mr. olympia than Jay Cutler.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 12:30:04 PM »
Not much proof that he's motivated enough to take it to the next level re: size & conditioning, each of which he needs a little more of to rise above some of the other guys. If he doesn't start showing it, other guys who want it more will get ahead of him.

victor has come in "off" way too many time to count... think about it, he's made no huge improvements on anybody part
Yep

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »
I really can't wait to see a more seasoned Phil Health and Dennis Wolfe...Both of those guys have alot of potential for being rookies...Plus all those guys better watch their back for Melvin I was very surprised by him at the last Olympia...
Watching The Haters

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »
I really can't wait to see a more seasoned Phil Health and Dennis Wolfe...Both of those guys have alot of potential for being rookies...Plus all those guys better watch their back for Melvin I was very surprised by him at the last Olympia...

melvin seems to have the drive, (to use the seriouse amounts of gear) needed to reach that elite level of conditioning... a melvin anthony with striated glutes would hopefully be unbeatable... at least by anyone in the past olympia...

chris cormier, victor matinez and I all smoke mad blunts and therefore will never be mr. o....  ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »
Looks like Kenney Santiago is off the juice. Even skinnier than usual.

AVBG

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 03:05:54 PM »
He is a homosexual.  I met him once down in Venice.  He competes in natural shows and even has a HAGgirlfriend that he lives with(in seperate rooms of course) and seems to be a huge schmoe.  He is very attractive and I'd f**k him if I had the chance, but he seems to have a liking to the "Pro"-fessional bodybuilders.  The time I was down there I always saw him at the firehouse with Bob Chick and it seems as if he always paid for the meals, while Bob just sat there talking about himself and saying, "Well how about that!?!" Strangely, after the meals, they would always hurry out back to Chick's car and wouldn't be seen leaving the parking lot until a few hours had passed by.

What else is new in Venice?

Detailed info 1 - good job

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 07:23:40 PM »
He is a homosexual.  I met him once down in Venice.  He competes in natural shows and even has a HAGgirlfriend that he lives with(in seperate rooms of course) and seems to be a huge schmoe.  He is very attractive and I'd f**k him if I had the chance, but he seems to have a liking to the "Pro"-fessional bodybuilders.  The time I was down there I always saw him at the firehouse with Bob Chick and it seems as if he always paid for the meals, while Bob just sat there talking about himself and saying, "Well how about that!?!" Strangely, after the meals, they would always hurry out back to Chick's car and wouldn't be seen leaving the parking lot until a few hours had passed by.

Subscribing...

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 07:52:50 PM »
Victor definitely is getting better - look for him to be the next Mr O after Jay. I can't think of any other possible candidates.
Melvin Anthony is definitely better than him when he shows up in shape, as is Dex. Not to mention the fact that Ronnie isn't planning on retiring and he is NOT better than an old, washed up Ronnie. Shit Gunter looks better than him too

Cutler will be winning the O for two more years and then call it quits

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »
that is kenny santiago the biggest victor martinez ass licker the west coast !
he is a loser who is always broke ! cheap fuck head
CENSORED BY RON !

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 10:57:07 PM »
Kenny's always been very respectful to me and he actually breathed some fresh life into the interview process. 

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 12:09:29 AM »
So easy to earn a shitty rep on GETBIG.... I love it. We have to stick together.
-

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 06:48:30 PM »
sure kenny !
CENSORED BY RON !

HeartofSteel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »

Looks like you know me pretty well... BTW how would you know all of this information if you were the Shmoe following me?

-Kenney Santiago

You gotta have HeartofSteel

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2006, 11:16:49 PM »

you know your shit.

HeartofSteel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2006, 11:17:49 PM »
Looks like Kenney Santiago is off the juice. Even skinnier than usual.

Dude, if you call weighing 240lbs fat offseason off the juice, what do you call weighing 211 lbs precontest?
Hilarious man.

-Kenney S.

HeartofSteel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »
sure kenny !

Now I understand why some Professionals decide to not show up on these boards, some of you don't know what else to do with you lives pretty much sums it up fo me.
I'm out!
-KS

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2006, 11:21:56 PM »
Now I understand why some Professionals decide to not show up on these boards, some of you don't know what else to do with you lives pretty much sums it up fo me.
I'm out!
-KS

But many Pros can't help but to scroll through the boards and read them lol....
Watching The Haters

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »

say it aint so :o :o :o :o :o :o
Get Big, or Die Trying

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2006, 07:49:59 PM »
funny Kenny was called a homo but the one thing he was offended by was being call fat lol !
i guess you are a homo Kenny
CENSORED BY RON !