Author Topic: BBing DVDs that don't suck  (Read 5713 times)

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
Re: BBing DVDs that don't suck
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 09:44:04 AM »
The Battle for the Olympias are so much better than most of the solo bodybuilder training vids. Dorian's is good thogh and Ronnie's Cost of Redemption are two of the best though.
the unbeliveable is much better

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »
the unbeliveable is much better

Ronnie's first video (97) actually ha better content than the unbelievable (2000). However, I only rank the Unbelievable higher due to the rediculous weights ronnie's uses on that video.

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 09:47:10 AM »
cost of redemption, blood and guts, unbelievable is prety decent and shawn ray too

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 10:38:39 AM »
Shawn Ray's Inside and Out - Good non-workout video

Pumping Iron II: The Women - Better than the one with the men

Ronnie Coleman's Cost of Redemp and Unbel - It's just good Ole Ron. 

Oh...Monica!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »
dillet looks un-freakin-believable in that video...to bad he blew his condition that year cause he looked a ton better in the BFTO...legs were some of the best ever for a big tall guy...

I saw Dillett in person in Toronto in 93 or 94, can't recall for sure, but he walked past me and even though he has an enormous upper body, I was most blown away at the size of his legs and calves.   I think his calves are just impressive as Yates or Matarazzo's.   They were big around as a football and ripped to shreds.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 10:53:23 AM »
Jay Cutlers One Step Closer and Ripped to Shreds are both awesome DVDs. Another favorite of mine is Gustavo Badell Common Sense. Gustavo shows hardcore training and then later during an interview expands on his training and nutrition philosophy. Of course Ronnie Colemans Cost of Redemption is a classic. One of the most hardcore DVDs out there. He completely takes all the glamour out of the sport. Shot at Metroflex, Ronnie goes balls to the wall and its insane to see some of the lifts this man can do. BFTO 2004 & 05 are also worth buying, just to see some of the pre contest training. The Branch Warren Johnnie Jackson chest workout in 05 is insane. They don't speak a single word.
-

Slick Vic

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 10:57:11 AM »
come on man..blood and guts is the real bodybuilding dvd..no other dvd comes close..
r u 4 real??

That's the best video ever.  only if he had some Nutrition info on it.  the new release has some on stage video so that would cover that part.  But to me it is the best and the most motivating training video ever

I must be on crack, because I can't have read that right! :o

I know.... A lot of people here seem to really like it, but my reasoning for not is first, I don't like the way the video is shot in black & white, and second, Dorian's training partner is very annoying with all that screaming and yelling - through the WHOLE video. Sorry....  :-[

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 11:01:24 AM »
I know.... A lot of people here seem to really like it, but my reasoning for not is first, I don't like the way the video is shot in black & white, and second, Dorian's training partner is very annoying with all that screaming and yelling - through the WHOLE video. Sorry....  :-[
you took our comments too seriously..chill man.. ;)
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Slick Vic

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 11:31:55 AM »
you took our comments too seriously..chill man.. ;)

Ha... Ha... Ha... I gotta stop reading too much into shit!  :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 12:10:41 PM »
dorians trainingpartner is the good part  :)
Z

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 12:14:58 PM »
never saw blood n guts....I hear the training partner is pretty nuts...what's the story?
nasser=piece of shit

Slick Vic

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 12:44:20 PM »
never saw blood n guts....I hear the training partner is pretty nuts...what's the story?

Dorian's training partner is VERY annoying in the video. All his does is scream and yell - through the WHOLE thing! Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but 60 minutes of non-stop yelling and screaming like that? Can't really enjoy the video.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 12:56:43 PM »
Blood & Guts is awesome but you better be prepared to hear his training partner yell this over and over and over...

COME ON DIESEL SQUEEEEEZE IT LET'S GET NASTY!!!!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 01:03:51 PM »
SQUEEZE!!!
MR YATES
SQUEEEEEEEEEEZE IT!

haha that shit made the whole video, i think all bodybuilding videos should be dubbed by that guy!
Z

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 02:27:39 PM »
that guy sounded like a pirate too. YATES!!!!! C"MON YATES!!!!!!!!!
-

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2006, 02:31:02 PM »
SQUEEZE!!!
MR YATES
SQUEEEEEEEEEEZE IT!

haha that shit made the whole video, i think all bodybuilding videos should be dubbed by that guy!

LOL, the training partner of Jay was even more annoying:

BRING ON THE PAIN
BRING ON THE PAIN....

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2006, 03:10:13 PM »
SQUEEZE!!!
MR YATES
SQUEEEEEEEEEEZE IT!

Quality Yates, QUUAAALLIITTYYY!!!!!
Cmon Mr Yates, business, business.
Business........AS USUAL!!!!!!!

I think Blood & Guts is one of the top three videos there is. When you watch that and Ronnie's Unbeleivable and see them busting their ass the way they are, it's no wonder they won the Olympias.

The Battle For The O videos are great too but like Flex's Hardbody it's only a few days out and some of the guys are training real light and going "Don't look at me, I'm carb depleted, it will ruin your opinion of me" or words to that effect. The 98 Battle For The O is the best one IMO, Priest & Levrone look freaking mindblowing in that.

SERGIO!!!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2006, 03:35:57 PM »
Quality Yates, QUUAAALLIITTYYY!!!!!
Cmon Mr Yates, business, business.
Business........AS USUAL!!!!!!!

I think Blood & Guts is one of the top three videos there is. When you watch that and Ronnie's Unbeleivable and see them busting their ass the way they are, it's no wonder they won the Olympias.

The Battle For The O videos are great too but like Flex's Hardbody it's only a few days out and some of the guys are training real light and going "Don't look at me, I'm carb depleted, it will ruin your opinion of me" or words to that effect. The 98 Battle For The O is the best one IMO, Priest & Levrone look freaking mindblowing in that.

SERGIO!!!!!!

Lee looked fucking AMAZING in BFTO 98....the best part is when he is out posing and says "I haven't even eaten breakfast yet....I bet IHOP is going crazy wondering where I am"  :)

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2006, 03:51:41 PM »
Lee looked fucking AMAZING in BFTO 98....the best part is when he is out posing and says "I haven't even eaten breakfast yet....I bet IHOP is going crazy wondering where I am"  :)

I know ;D. Another cool part is where he's looking out the window of the gym saying "It's another typical day in Venice Beach, there's a carjacking, there's some homeless people".

SERGIO!!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2006, 03:53:34 AM »
LOL, the training partner of Jay was even more annoying:

BRING ON THE PAIN
BRING ON THE PAIN....

Thought his wife was his partner.
Oh...Monica!

Slick Vic

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 04:38:16 AM »
Thought his wife was his partner.

She was as well.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2006, 04:56:45 AM »
i Like Lee´s videos (blond myth 1 and 2) and Levrone´s m3 is very good too (100 dumbell curls, in your face!!!!)

but i have to say that unbelievable is the one that i most watch, because of the poundages being used, and because the entertainament purposes . Ronnie is funny, and he has more catch phrases than any other pro!!!

light weight baby!!! BOOOOOOOOO. Notin but a peanut!
!

Slick Vic

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2006, 05:02:03 AM »
Kevin Levrone's M3 is good but I would've enjoyed it a lot more if there was no music [his band] that constantly played as a soundtrack. I like the natural atmosphere that is heard in a gym when watching these training videos.

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2006, 05:24:31 AM »
Well when Milos comes out with his new video showing all the pros and amatures alike dialing in Earl all over the gym after his gut busting workouts, all other videos will fail in comparison ;D - I think he's gonna call it GUTS-N-VOMIT or something along those lines.
Seriously though Unbelivable the best of all time COR and Blood and Guts were also great.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2006, 06:11:06 AM »
I really liked the Shawn and Ruhl dvd's fun to watch and informative. Jay's and ronnie's are ok but a bit tedious.
Flex's video was full of them brothas flingin' gangsigns all over the place whilst keepin' it real! Think I saw some violent 'CC's' in there too  8)