Author Topic: Old Commercials that made you wanna buy their girly product...  (Read 2645 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Old Commercials that made you wanna buy their girly product...
« on: November 22, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »
2 Shampoos...

"Gee your hair smells terrific!"

and...

Wella Balsam.  You'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on...
:D Weee

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Old Commercials that made you wanna buy their girly product...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 02:27:32 PM »
Mine was a shampoo commericial as well.

It was the Infusium 23 commercial, where the woman excitedly exclaims:

:o "I can actually comb through this hair when it's wet!"  :o :o

That was ALL I needed to hear. {lol} I used it for years, til I tried Synergy's when evaluating their product line.

I was surprised to find that Synergy's hair care stuff is even better, and gave me an even better tangle-free comb out, even when wet. Infact, when I rinse out the Synergy products, ...it's almost like rinsing all the tangles down the drain. corny & cheesy I know, ...but it's true.   :)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
2 Shampoos...

"Gee your hair smells terrific!"

and...

Wella Balsam.  You'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on...

Was it Wella that did the "You tell 2 friends?" I always thought that was Fabergé Organics. ???
...but I also used to use Wella as well. Even though it was actually a leave-in conditioner, I used to use it as a setting lotion to protect from breakage with the hot rollers. Spray each individual section before putting in the rollers, then hop in the shower, ...by the time you come out, you've got soft luscious curls for days that wont ever droop.  :D
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:59:20 PM »
Was it Wella that did the "You tell 2 friends?" I always thought that was Fabergé Organics. ???
...but I also used to use Wella as well. Even though it was actually a leave-in conditioner, I used to use it as a setting lotion to protect from breakage with the hot rollers. Spray each individual section before putting in the rollers, then hop in the shower, ...by the time you come out, you've got soft luscious curls for days that wont ever droop.  :D
OMG  YOU ARE RIGHT!!! Farrah Faucett did it.

Wink:o)

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 10:18:18 PM »
When I read your post I thought of something else.....something that wanted me to take action.  Does anyone remember the commercial with the indian and his horse on the top of the hill looking down at LA (I think was LA) and all he saw was smog and pollution? They it showed him with a tear rolling down his face.  I loved that commerical.  I think I was 16 when it came out and the next day I went out and cleaned the trash from the gutters on my entire block. I still love that commerical when they show it.  I think it was actually for an insurance co. but cant remember.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »
When I read your post I thought of something else.....something that wanted me to take action.  Does anyone remember the commercial with the indian and his horse on the top of the hill looking down at LA (I think was LA) and all he saw was smog and pollution? They it showed him with a tear rolling down his face.  I loved that commerical.  I think I was 16 when it came out and the next day I went out and cleaned the trash from the gutters on my entire block. I still love that commerical when they show it.  I think it was actually for an insurance co. but cant remember.

I saw a lady at an intersection throw trash out of her car window yesterday.
She then rolled the window back up and lit up a cigarette w/her baby in the back seat. :-\

As far as the products go, there was a Revlon commercial where the eyeshadows "clicked" together that I really liked for some reason. 

Does anyone remember "Body on Tap" beer shampoo?
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 09:06:24 AM »
I remember that pollution ad.  :(

I also remember the Smokey the Bear Forest Fires commercials.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:02:11 PM »

That was a FABULOUS commercial!

I first saw it as a child, and while it didn't make me run out and clean all the gutters, it's message really sank in.
To this day, I still collect trash in my purse and/or pockets until I can get to a trash bin to discard it properly.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 08:38:08 PM »
That first "Just Do It" Nike commercial was great...from the late '80s. VERY inspiring.                           

Couldn't find it, but this one, banned in the US, was good.

And, loved this one...  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 02:29:32 AM »
That Red Shoe commercial was really cool.  :)
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 06:50:31 AM »
those were cool commercials