Author Topic: respectable lifts for a natural?  (Read 6251 times)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Re: respectable lifts for a natural?
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2006, 02:07:38 PM »
At my gym if you bench a plate per side, they throw you a party. I think one guy did it back in the 70's, but, I am pretty sure he was on gear.  Natty I am not sure, but I think 25's on the bar for any of those lifts and you are in the top 1% of all bodybuilders. Natural of course. For juicers maybe the 35's.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
Take off 100lb from most of these lifts and you might be closer. ::)

student

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 02:34:14 PM »
this thread is pointless. is it all about ego? do you need others to tell you what is respectable? if you can't bench 330 you deserve no respect? people should measure themselves compared to their past progress
It is about ego a little bit I suppose.  Having a number in my head may in some small way give me more motivation. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2006, 06:13:17 PM »
Dude I'm pulling 405 for 3 (sumo style), so what i'm saying is sooner or later one day ill be pulling 475 for six, its no way out of reach. My squat is 365 for 10 (parallel).......i never squat for less than 10 reps so i dont know what is other than that. So im not close to my "respectable" range now am I. What I'm saying is dude, these are numbers that if you tell anyone, they are nothing to sniff at. These are the biggest guy in the gym type numbers. I'm not saying what I can do, but what would be good numbers for an elite natural trainee......

Its not my fault your a huge puss man, your probably 220 with 18 percent bodyfat, you walk around with your chest stuck out w/your wrist wraps, and leather weight lifting belt on, wrapped up in your sweats at the gym, grunting and screaming while you bench the same measly 3 plates for 3 reps week in and week out, but u would get laughed at on the beach, because you look like crap??? Am I anywhere close??? 

ok, your clueless.... if you dead 405 for three... your NO WHERE near pulling 475 for six... sorry.... and i notice how you dont mention your squat... squating 475 for six is insane, for anyone.... maybe you train a average joes somewhere in nowhereland... but i train at a top 10 gym in the nation, with plenty of pro BB's and powerlifters who train there on thr reg.... i can count on one hand the number of times ive seen guys squating 500lbs for reps, let alone 6 reps.... plus those guys had to be close to 260

sorry, but your full of shit

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »
Dude I'm pulling 405 for 3 (sumo style), so what i'm saying is sooner or later one day ill be pulling 475 for six, its no way out of reach. My squat is 365 for 10 (parallel).......i never squat for less than 10 reps so i dont know what is other than that. So im not close to my "respectable" range now am I. What I'm saying is dude, these are numbers that if you tell anyone, they are nothing to sniff at. These are the biggest guy in the gym type numbers. I'm not saying what I can do, but what would be good numbers for an elite natural trainee......

Its not my fault your a huge puss man, your probably 220 with 18 percent bodyfat, you walk around with your chest stuck out w/your wrist wraps, and leather weight lifting belt on, wrapped up in your sweats at the gym, grunting and screaming while you bench the same measly 3 plates for 3 reps week in and week out, but u would get laughed at on the beach, because you look like crap??? Am I anywhere close??? 

405 for 3 sumo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my God, you're a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2006, 06:51:03 PM »

so your lifts aren't respectable according to you.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »

exactly... this guy went from "being sooooo close to deadlifting 475 for 6" to ...
Dude I'm pulling 405 for 3 (sumo style), so what i'm saying is sooner or later one day ill be pulling 475 for six,

sumo style please...

and this is where he melts down

i hold a natural 6.5% bodyfat, always have...  ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2006, 07:48:37 PM »

hahahahahahahahah, MELTDOWN. You're so full of shit it's sad.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2006, 08:14:50 PM »

exactly, i never said they were. I was just saying what respectable was

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20:28 PM »
exactly... this guy went from "being sooooo close to deadlifting 475 for 6" to ...
sumo style please...

and this is where he melts down

i hold a natural 6.5% bodyfat, always have...  ;)

sweet  bro, 6.5 @ 145lbs isnt bad bro, keep it up.

And sumo deads are a shorter range of motion than conventional deads therefore if you practice them u should be able to pull more that way.

But u hold 6.5% all year long, so you should know that.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2006, 08:23:52 PM »
ok every varies but lets say for a 32 yr old man average height and average proportions (i think you are asking in general) at 195lbs relatively lean

bench press 330lbs
squat 400lbs to parallel
dead 500lbs no wraps
military press- b/w strict.

That sounds about right to me.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2006, 08:24:08 PM »
sweet  bro, 6.5 @ 145lbs isnt bad bro, keep it up.

And sumo deads are a shorter range of motion than conventional deads therefore if you practice them u should be able to pull more that way.

But u hold 6.5% all year long, so you should know that.

melting.....

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2006, 08:56:48 PM »
melting.....

LOL...........dude ive already melted down, monster meltdown of epic proportions!!!!!!!!!!!.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »
  OK guys fill me in. I know what sumo dead kifts are,but have never done them. Do most people pull more weight that way or less? or about the same?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2006, 10:53:41 PM »
  OK guys fill me in. I know what sumo dead kifts are,but have never done them. Do most people pull more weight that way or less? or about the same?

Your feet are wider apart, so the range of motion is shorter........Therefore it is easier

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2006, 04:43:25 AM »
Your feet are wider apart, so the range of motion is shorter........Therefore it is easier

The "easier" part isn't necessarily true.  It depends on your body type and relative strengths.  Some people can pull more conventional than sumo and the other way around.  If your statement were accurate ALL powerlifters would pull sumo and they do not.

Chris
w

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »
The "easier" part isn't necessarily true.  It depends on your body type and relative strengths.  Some people can pull more conventional than sumo and the other way around.  If your statement were accurate ALL powerlifters would pull sumo and they do not.

Chris

EXACTLY, so many factors involved, height, joint size, coordination... i wuld however say that the traditional method is usually prefered by and for bodybuilders... in fact it always amazed me at how narrow JOJ's sance is when he pulls... maybe 10 inches apart.... in the end it all has to do with individual power and comfort