Author Topic: ATTN: Milos Sarcev  (Read 2118 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
ATTN: Milos Sarcev
« on: November 22, 2006, 08:05:02 PM »
I've been using your benching form from your new DVD for incline.  I've gained some size but lost strength!  I can't get 8 reps anymore on the 4th set.  Should I decrease the weight to be able to at least be able to get 8 reps?  Is 6 or 7 not as productive?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: ATTN: Milos Sarcev
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:46:32 PM »
Dude I bet your training has a lot more problems than should you do 6 or 8 reps on your last set........

See, this is why most people dont gain.......They worry about small shit like this. It really doesnt fuckin matter........As  long as your progressively improving, your body will respond. If your wasting your time worrying about small stuff like this, your worrying about the wrong thing!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:06:32 PM »
Have you tried using a medcine ball?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »
 ;D

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 10:52:49 PM »
Is your goal stength or size? If it's the latter, I wouldn't worry if you lose strength aslong as you're growing.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 11:36:41 PM »
Is your goal stength or size? If it's the latter, I wouldn't worry if you lose strength aslong as you're using the medicine ball, k

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 01:28:17 AM »
As long as you're gaining weight, what's the problem?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 01:58:24 AM »
As long as you're gaining weight, what's the problem?

That's true - I no longer care how much weight I'm lifting in the gym - I get much better response from the muscles by dropping the weight and concentrating on form.

No one will laugh at you in the gym for using lighter weights in perfect form - but they will laugh at you if you're ego-lifting and using crap form.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 02:25:49 AM »
just let milos answer
Z

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 02:40:58 AM »
Man if you are a natty go with a MaxOT style work out, short and intense - and it's all about continues strength and muscle size - you feel like you don't do enough sets and reps but you will never get that fall back bad day shyt happening. If you aint pukin your guts out and making a mess in the gym then you aren't following Milo's shyt the right way ;D
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 06:00:07 AM »
just let milos answer
so that's what the title meant?.... "Re: ATTN: Milos Sarcev"

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 06:44:16 AM »
The answer will probably involve milos' workout shake or Kolossus gym tshirts ::)

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 11:34:45 AM »
I've been using your benching form from your new DVD for incline.  I've gained some size but lost strength!  I can't get 8 reps anymore on the 4th set.  Should I decrease the weight to be able to at least be able to get 8 reps?  Is 6 or 7 not as productive?

How exactly do you estimate that you've lost strength?
By attempting your 4th set and not being able to get 8 reps?

Obviously - benching "my way" is not ego-benching...Amount of weight is completely irrelevant...as long as you are "failing" (not being able to complete your last rep in proper form or in full range of motion) - you are stimulating your muscle fiber enough to produce growth (providing your nutritional intake is adequate).

If strength is your real concern - you can also test your MAX bench periodically...IF that is something you want to focus on - than you can combine "hypertrophy" training (doing it my way) with strength training (and include routine to increase strength simultaneously)...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 11:42:17 AM »
How exactly do you estimate that you've lost strength?
By attempting your 4th set and not being able to get 8 reps?

Obviously - benching "my way" is not ego-benching...Amount of weight is completely irrelevant...as long as you are "failing" (not being able to complete your last rep in proper form or in full range of motion) - you are stimulating your muscle fiber enough to produce growth (providing your nutritional intake is adequate).

If strength is your real concern - you can also test your MAX bench periodically...IF that is something you want to focus on - than you can combine "hypertrophy" training (doing it my way) with strength training (and include routine to increase strength simultaneously)...

Good advice... the proper form on basically every movement will be where you are the weakest because of the lack of cheating and leverage involved.

Doing something right and wrong is pretty much doing 2 seperate exercises really...

main thing is that you get stronger over time doing it the right way - that will equal progress every time.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 05:33:12 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Milos.  I have gained some mass in that area  quicker than before with that maximum contraction & isolating the upper chest stuff you talked about.  Strength is honestly not a big deal to me because I'm still stronger than the average man, therefore I feel supierior.