Author Topic: BodySolid Home Gyms, feedback.......  (Read 2626 times)

Mick33

• Getbig III
BodySolid Home Gyms, feedback.......
« on: November 23, 2006, 01:57:20 PM »

Anybody have an history with Bodysolid home equipment. Specifically the power rack with smith machine, lat attach. w/ 200 stack, pec dec, low row foot plate...? It costs a pretty penny, but seems heavy duty compared to others ie.. Yukon Fitness or Powertech. Anyone? Thanks in advance.  ???

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: BodySolid Home Gyms, feedback.......
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:04:39 PM »
i'd recommend the sybian for you.
Deep Tissue Massage

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:17:17 PM »
Bodysolid's well made, with slightly better machining & finish than Powertec, but they're both good, durable & feel like gym equipment. Bodysolid also has a longer warranty (lifetime) and better parts support.

The advantage with Powertec is that they make different configurations including smaller single exercise stations like squat/leg press and lat machines. Powertec often doesn't have replacements readily available; with them it's better to order parts that can wear before the need arises. Parts support isn't too big an issue because the machines are durable and replacment parts are inexpensive after the machine's out of warranty.

Worth the difference over lower-end brands like Yukon or NY Barbell-the pulleys will be smoother, better quality, the finish better. More money but worth it over a long life plus there's the warranty.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 02:21:08 PM »
i'd recommend the sybian for you.

Excellent; discuss.  :P

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »
Always buy your home gyms second hand because most have never been used.The best way to make a deal.Just look around the gym and see how many people are training and ask yourself what would they be doing at home.Not using that new home gym that's for sure.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 04:30:59 PM »
sybian??

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »
Amazing I woke up from a 2hour nap and find my answers!! Thanks.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 03:22:17 AM »
Mick,i recently bought myself a home gym,and after looking at a few brands i settled on a TITAN,its made in Poland.Don`t get me wrong,its not cheap,but its the best.Here`s the site,
www.szultka.com
Here`s a thread on ironage detailing how it arrived.
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=13534.0

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 04:45:51 AM »
Mick,i recently bought myself a home gym,and after looking at a few brands i settled on a TITAN,its made in Poland.Don`t get me wrong,its not cheap,but its the best.Here`s the site,
www.szultka.com
Here`s a thread on ironage detailing how it arrived.
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=13534.0

Titan is INSANELY expensive; this is probably one of the salesmen for the company. It's great with a lot of options, as long as you don't mind the cost & weight.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 05:07:52 AM »
No pumpster,i`m not a salesman for titan,i`m just telling another member about a home gym that i bought.Thats why i said its not cheap.

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 05:15:20 AM »
that titan thing looks like a transformer

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 05:42:18 AM »
that titan thing looks like a transformer

hahahah ya it's nice but is overwhelming as well.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 05:47:16 AM »
Body solid is great stuff and decently priced. My buddy had a lat pull down by them, seat seams were starting to split, he called BS and they shipped him a new seat no questions asked....

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 05:49:34 AM »
Body solid is great stuff and decently priced. My buddy had a lat pull down by them, seat seams were starting to split, he called BS and they shipped him a new seat no questions asked....

Better parts support than Powertec, which is often back-ordered several months waiting for parts from China.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 05:54:47 AM »
Mick, I work for a distributor for cardio and some strength equipment.  Mostly FreeMotion and Star Trac, but we also carry a lot of other lines.  Bodysolid is one of them.  We usually recommend this liine for private use, because like the others have said, it has a lifetime warranty.  I could give you an idea of a decent price range.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 06:08:17 AM »
Mick, I work for a distributor for cardio and some strength equipment.  Mostly FreeMotion and Star Trac, but we also carry a lot of other lines.  Bodysolid is one of them.  We usually recommend this liine for private use, because like the others have said, it has a lifetime warranty.  I could give you an idea of a decent price range.

Star Trac's some of the best, used to be Flex Leverage. Their BP machines are the best on the market. FreeMotion's real nice too. Both good but unnecessary for home use, as they are in the highly priced pro gym market.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 08:05:40 AM »

That Titan looks impressive but it almost seems too hitech for me I tried to read all the info on the website and it is just too much. The bottomline is it is just out of my range pricewise. Thanks anyhow. I checked out the Star Trac website and didn't see any retailers or prices. Bodysolid sounds like the best so far.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 09:09:48 AM »

Anybody have an history with Bodysolid home equipment. Specifically the power rack with smith machine, lat attach. w/ 200 stack, pec dec, low row foot plate...? It costs a pretty penny, but seems heavy duty compared to others ie.. Yukon Fitness or Powertech. Anyone? Thanks in advance.  ???
I have good connections to BodySolid stuff. PM me for details...

Seriously.
?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 09:14:17 AM »
I have good connections to BodySolid stuff. PM me for details...

Seriously.

What did the ole' Blockhead have for Thanksgiving, fried chicken and watermelon?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 09:17:42 AM »
What did the ole' Blockhead have for Thanksgiving, fried chicken and watermelon?

We'all went by my AUNTIES youknowwhatImsayin...ove r by my Auntie's it wuz me...my lil' cousin Peanut, my cousin Junebug...my 4 half sisters and 5 half brothers...Big Mama and uh...my moms.

We all got up on some greens, cornbread...uh...some 'wings' and some Koolaid...RED Koolaid. Then we'all just be kickin it smokin on some menthols and drinking dat Hennessy...just chillin!
?

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 09:27:03 AM »
We'all went by my AUNTIES youknowwhatImsayin...ove r by my Auntie's it wuz me...my lil' cousin Peanut, my cousin Junebug...my 4 half sisters and 5 half brothers...Big Mama and uh...my moms.

We all got up on some greens, cornbread...uh...some 'wings' and some Koolaid...RED Koolaid. Then we'all just be kickin it smokin on some menthols and drinking dat Hennessy...just chillin!

now that sounds like a warm loving holiday treat for the whole blockhead family and extended family and ex-extended family. Did you regail the kids with stories from your life around the fireplace ?, that must have been nice :D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 09:38:31 AM »

I sho' did...the little sho'tys be all up in a mood for sumthin scurry...they wanted to get all SCURRED so I read to them the scurriest childrens books from the ghetto up in the front yard around the garbage can with a fire up in it...

I read...'American Werewolf in Harlem', 'Attack of the 50' Hoochie Mama!' and the SCURRIEST story of all...'White Christmas'.

Lil peanut got all scurred and ran to Big Mama and my other lil cousin we call 'Sweetpea' pee'd up in his drawers!
?

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 09:41:43 AM »
I sho' did...the little sho'tys be all up in a mood for sumthin scurry...they wanted to get all SCURRED so I read to them the scurriest childrens books from the ghetto up in the front yard around the garbage can with a fire up in it...

I read...'American Werewolf in Harlem', 'Attack of the 50' Hoochie Mama!' and the SCURRIEST story of all...'White Christmas'.

Lil peanut got all scurred and ran to Big Mama and my other lil cousin we call 'Sweetpea' pee'd up in his drawers!

;D ;D

I think I shall post this on the Thanksgiving thread for all to share in.