Author Topic: Jumping Rope  (Read 1563 times)

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
Jumping Rope
« on: November 23, 2006, 09:05:37 PM »
What is the deal with assholes jumping rope on the gym floor ?
CENSORED BY RON !

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
Re: Jumping Rope
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 09:12:44 PM »
Quit hatin and grab some rope LP!! 8)

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 09:13:43 PM »

Tell me 'bout it. I hope those cvnts strangle themselves  >:(

;D ;D

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 09:14:54 PM »
These are the same guys you catch throwing punches as they decline crunch LoL....
Watching The Haters

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 09:16:33 PM »
These are the same guys you catch throwing punches as they decline crunch LoL....

& "shadowbox" whilst on the treadmill.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »

You have some of those at your gym too?  :-\
HAHA, RON.....

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »

& "shadowbox" whilst on the treadmill.

LoL I have watched plenty of those guys trip up...
Watching The Haters

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 09:22:40 PM »
if that's what you training calls for and you aint in anyones way, I don't see a problem with it.  Long time ago people were incorporating cardio exercise during "rest" periods to challenge energy systems and simulate conditions used in specific sports.  If you can maintain 90% of your normal workload while in a anaerobic state you will then be truely conditioned.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 09:27:55 PM »
You have some of those at your gym too?  :-\

They are everywhere, man! I think they have some kind of a secret club or organization called "The shadowboxing, rope jumping and striking while crunching warriors"

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 06:46:55 AM »
Or the silly idiots who take this long stick put on thier back squat style and do side twists.  The stick is like 8 feet long and these fools do this taking up tons of space.  I wanna crack it over their heads, every guy I have seen use it is 40's-50's no physiqe to speak of and skinny/fat.  They think this movement is gonna tighten up their mid-section Im sure, total waste of time......now that I think about it everything they do in the gym is a waste of time for them.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 08:07:36 AM »

This is another thing that puzzles me. With all of today's advanced array of cardio machines, why do these gimps feel the need to jump rope? Thats like these guys who join a gym to do push-ups even though there are free weights and machines all over the place. Gym stupidity will never end.

PB

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 08:15:33 AM »

lol, it seems that this "training regiment" only work for guys on 25% BF.

dont you just love it when the guy that is 8 months pregnant and is about to give birth uses to the 45lb plate, and does "standing obliques". LOL, and to top it off only moves his neck.
Here comes the money shot

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 10:22:08 AM »
This is another thing that puzzles me. With all of today's advanced array of cardio machines, why do these gimps feel the need to jump rope? Thats like these guys who join a gym to do push-ups even though there are free weights and machines all over the place. Gym stupidity will never end.

PB

Playboy, i don't know if your an athlete, but those stationary cardio machines give no where near the benifit to an athlete that jump rope does.  If a person is good enough to get 160 alternating foot jumps per minute than jump rope will be an amazing training tool for agility, speed, balance, foot work (changing positions) and power....if your jumping like a school kid then it doesn't offer too much benifit.

I do agree that jumping should never interfere with anyones weight training, but it is an awesome exercise.

student

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 10:36:41 AM »

at my gym the rope jumpers are usually soccer moms .  Hard to be rude to a soccer mom.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 10:41:32 AM »
Here it is the "People" who are into the marial arts, and boxing 8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »
Playboy, i don't know if your an athlete, but those stationary cardio machines give no where near the benifit to an athlete that jump rope does.  If a person is good enough to get 160 alternating foot jumps per minute than jump rope will be an amazing training tool for agility, speed, balance, foot work (changing positions) and power....if your jumping like a school kid then it doesn't offer too much benifit.

I do agree that jumping should never interfere with anyones weight training, but it is an awesome exercise.
I understand completely, bro. I took 17 years of martial arts when I was younger before I got into bbdg. My beef is that there are gyms specified for this kind of training. Matial arts schools/dojo's and so forth. You don't jump rope in the middle of a busy gym (or a gym for bbdg purposes) where people could get clipped in the eye with the rope.  Its disrespectful to the other members. Surely he can find another place to do this like his/her basement.

PB