Author Topic: The sad state of "training" these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5737 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
The sad state of "training" these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 25, 2006, 07:15:25 AM »
headphones, quarter reps, too many machines, too many light dumbbell movements, Aeropostale, Under Armor, cell phones, gym music, no squats, no deadlifts, no barbell shoulder presses, it's pathetic.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: The sad state of "training" these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 07:18:11 AM »
headphones, quarter reps, too many machines, too many light dumbbell movements, Aeropostale, Under Armor, cell phones, gym music, no squats, no deadlifts, no barbell shoulder presses, it's pathetic.
You need to break your membership to Curves.  ;)

Just kidding...you are definitely right though.   :-\   But, as long as you are doing what needs to be done...don't worry about the other idiots.   ;)
:D Weee

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 07:19:02 AM »
isn't that the truth!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 07:20:24 AM »
 :-X

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »
Q tom/darth......." how would you know, you are a 14 school kid" ::)

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 07:21:27 AM »
 :-X :-X

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 07:21:55 AM »
You need to break your membership to Curves.  ;)

Just kidding...you are definitely right though.   :-\   But, as long as you are doing what needs to be done...don't worry about the other idiots.   ;)
i'm only a few years younger than Mike, ask him what gyms used to be like in the mid to late 80's, that's when i got started.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 07:22:05 AM »
ITS business gym owners need to bring in the regular people...And thats just what planet fitness is doing sad but true..
p

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 07:22:51 AM »
i'm only a few years younger than Mike, ask him what gyms used to be like in the mid to late 80's, that's when i got started.
I don't have to ask him, lol.  I know.  ;)
:D Weee

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

I disagree with you on the headphones and some machines are designed to target the correct muscle group. I love the unilateral press machines.  You get to add plates, you can max out without the need for  a spotter. They are great for drop sets.
Here comes the money shot

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 07:23:10 AM »

i've got no problem with her, she can train in my gym anytime, the problem is when you have "men" using that type of weight.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 07:26:07 AM »
the way i look at it sars is like being out and seeing a poser it just one less puke to worry about, and it makes us look that much better.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 07:28:04 AM »

she is wearing too much clothes to properly train and maximze hypertrophy.

I have it when girls with a decent body cover it up in the gym

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 07:35:52 AM »
Point taken. Just means that I can go about my routine without these people underfoot. The last few years have seen, maybe 5 times, the need to share a squat rack.  :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 07:36:59 AM »
Point taken. Just means that I can go about my routine without these people underfoot. The last few years have seen, maybe 5 times, the need to share a squat rack.  :)
except for the little bitches using the racks for 55 pound barbell curls and 65 pound upright rows. ::)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »

I know exactly what you mean.  I have had to join a different local gym for a year for the physical therapy after I herniated my L5-S1.  I know that everyone has to start somewhere but it seems that all of these people have a big case of the gay.  Now that I am back to my local gym I feel much more at home.  The typical meatheads with anti social personalities who dont acknowledge anyone without a physique.  I dont mind it because that is what I am used to, no fancy machines and no Frat kids.  Only prob though is that most of the women (other than the bodybuilder fangirls) who train here are Builders too and most of them are scary looking.  But it is a tool free environment.  It feels good to be home.

\

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 07:45:33 AM »

What the f**k is this?

The typical meatheads with anti social personalities who dont acknowledge anyone without a physique

HAHAHA brilliant

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 07:48:03 AM »
I know exactly what you mean.  I have had to join a different local gym for a year for the physical therapy after I herniated my L7-S1.  I know that everyone has to start somewhere but it seems that all of these people have a big case of the gay.  Now that I am back to my local gym I feel much more at home.  The typical meatheads with anti social personalities who dont acknowledge anyone without a physique.  I dont mind it because that is what I am used to, no fancy machines and no Frat kids.  Only prob though is that most of the women (other than the bodybuilder fangirls) who train here are Builders too and most of them are scary looking.  But it is a tool free environment.  It feels good to be home.

God i wish we had a gym like that around here, my old gym was like that, these fagggots were weeded out quick in that place, 200lb. db's, Monolift, powerlifting bars, i knew an APF champion 242 PL'er who said that if you couldn't bench press at least 405 he wouldn't even acknowkedge your existence.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 07:58:15 AM »
i forgot the best one, too many supplements and not enough food.

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »
God i wish we had a gym like that around here, my old gym was like that, these fagggots were weeded out quick in that place, 200lb. db's, Monolift, powerlifting bars, i knew an APF champion 242 PL'er who said that if you couldn't bench press at least 405 he wouldn't even acknowkedge your existence.

Interesting.  My old gym, if you didn't compete on stage, you were just a typical lifter.  Even worse, if you were on gear and never stepped foot on stage, you would be the punchline of all things lazy, coward, excuses, etc.... God help the PL'ers who stopped by for a daily and didn't blow the doors off all the guys (never happened), especially if he was chemically enhanced.

except for the little bitches using the racks for 55 pound barbell curls and 65 pound upright rows.

LOL, love this.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 08:22:01 AM »
Interesting.  My old gym, if you didn't compete on stage, you were just a typical lifter.  Even worse, if you were on gear and never stepped foot on stage, you would be the punchline of all things lazy, coward, excuses, etc.... God help the PL'ers who stopped by for a daily and didn't blow the doors off all the guys (never happened), especially if he was chemically enhanced.

LOL, love this.

believe me this guy would absolutely destroy anyone in your gym gauranteed, he totalled 2400 plus in the mid 90's when hardly anyone was doing that.

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »
I'm going to say this, I "blame" Hollywood for the current state.  The '80s had Arnold, Stallone, Van Dam etc... as super heroes and young guys wanted to mimic this trend.  It was the first time muscle became a focal point and enhanced by the "me" mentality of the decade.

Also, the physiques of that era were thought to be a tangible goal.  A low dosage and the knowledge of a high protein diet allowed so many to have the full pecs, 18"+ arms, lat spread and vascularity.  Were they close to looking like the top 50 pro's, not even close, but it appeared as though that bridge wasn't too far to cross.  Today, the top 50 pro's are freaky huge and appear to be morphed in all the magazine's editorials, clearly showing how unattainable it is for those not willing to put their lives on the line.  Hollywood focuses on the "regular Joe" physique as the super hero thus creating a new trend.  

'85-'99 were great years for pec sweat, big traps and double steak dinner physiques.

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »
believe me this guy would absolutely destroy anyone in your gym gauranteed, he totalled 2400 plus in the mid 90's when hardly anyone was doing that.

That's the equivalent of Dorian walking into the gym and shaming the top National in the gym to carry around his chalk.  Legends are just that in any realm.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 08:42:44 AM »
agree.sarcasm

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 08:44:09 AM »
except for the little bitches using the racks for 55 pound barbell curls and 65 pound upright rows. ::)

hey sarcasm, you are talking alot of smack around. Talking about some big number lifts
dear we ask you to post a pic?

now I know that I am nothing but average but I don't pretend to be anything more