Author Topic: Girly Ranting (Mondays only)  (Read 8615 times)

az

• Getbig III
Re: Girly Ranting (Mondays only)
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 04:54:11 PM »
stay on the girly board, you're safe here.

& ignore him.

x
with mad love
Linda

always feel welcome here and I did report the thread, thx, but I can't just "stay on the girly board because it's safe" not my style, plus my ancestors fought too hard for me to stay in one spot because it's safe.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »
I'm sorry, ...I know it's not monday, ...but sometimes a girl's just got to vent!

I'm ticked because my customized Christmas cards aren't here yet.
The company agreed to re-do them, ...but that's not gonna help me cause they won't arrive in time.

I don't even have time to run out and buy Christmas cards either, 'cause for some of them it won't get there in time.

I'm mad  >:(

ok, now that I got that off my chest, I feel way better now.  :)
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 11:14:52 AM »
the thread that cap86 started really bothered me.  it is titled  "the word nig ga". so far it's 2 pages. I am bothered because I believe that many people hide behind this board. if they were in a "mixed crowd, face to face, I'm positive that they would not repeat the ignorant things they said on the board. I am african american and I am sick and tired of the racist BS that is tolerated on this board. I can deal with the negative comments made about female bodybuilders, after all it is, or at least I thought it was a board that was rooted in bodybuilding/strength training/competitions etc... I didn't expect to go on the board and feel like I walked into a klan meeting.
  I have plenty of black friends and none of them use that word yet I have to listen to ignorant morons use it every other word.  If I wasn't at work having to listen to it, I would have said something, but if I did I would have been fired.  What is ignorant about disagreeing with the use of a word?   The only time people call things racist is when they are directed at black people.  I totally ripped apart a segment if my OWN ethnicity (Italians) for being docuhebags and homos wearing all that Spikey hair and being "guidos".  You didn't come to their defense if you saw it.  
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 11:25:45 AM »

Is you the mod?  I give up...
xL

I'll only get deleted anyways and I haven't read my pm's
Nope
Squishy face retard

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »
I gotta unload! The guys on a couple of these boards are really flicking me alot of shit. Doubting my credentials, telling me to prove my lifts, arguing with me over training protocols etc...WTF???? Why are they so pissed off? They ask questions, I answer, then they get nit-picky and downright rude. I've even had one guy threaten me...Good Grief...My trophies are not going to disappear from the gym and my records disappear from the record books because they don't believe it or feel threatened. Some people...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 06:38:38 PM »
I gotta unload! The guys on a couple of these boards are really flicking me alot of shit. Doubting my credentials, telling me to prove my lifts, arguing with me over training protocols etc...WTF???? Why are they so pissed off? They ask questions, I answer, then they get nit-picky and downright rude. I've even had one guy threaten me...Good Grief...My trophies are not going to disappear from the gym and my records disappear from the record books because they don't believe it or feel threatened. Some people...
Fuck whatever people say.  Know you are who you are and if people don't like it tell them "Have a Nice Day".  I mean honestly, would Bon Jovi steer you wrong?
Squishy face retard

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 06:51:24 PM »

Buff...with some of these people on this site...you have to realize just who you are talking to. While some are true fans, historians, and believers in the sport...others are just haters.  Plain and simple.

All that matters is that you believe in yourself....and keep doing whatcha doin!!  Don't worry about validation from any of these people.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 09:27:36 PM »
Buff...with some of these people on this site...you have to realize just who you are talking to. While some are true fans, historians, and believers in the sport...others are just haters.  Plain and simple.

All that matters is that you believe in yourself....and keep doing whatcha doin!!  Don't worry about validation from any of these people.

Can you guys do me a favor? Your MAAAaaa has started a campaign to try to make me look like an idiot, Alex23 just shut him down hardcore, but look at the thread about Can You Top Buff Goddess???? You guys want to let him know (after rteading Alex23's post) that he's the idiot and just got owned. He now needs to go into the back yard and chase his tail...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 06:24:48 AM »
Can you guys do me a favor? Your MAAAaaa has started a campaign to try to make me look like an idiot, Alex23 just shut him down hardcore, but look at the thread about Can You Top Buff Goddess???? You guys want to let him know (after rteading Alex23's post) that he's the idiot and just got owned. He now needs to go into the back yard and chase his tail...

BuffGoddess, the best thing to do when people seem to be on a rampage against you is to ignore them.  Quit trying to defend yourself unless you just enjoy arguing.  A lot of people are mainly here to inflame. 

Proshic is right:

And cap86, lol!
  I mean honestly, would Bon Jovi steer you wrong?
R

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »
hi!  :)
Ron: "I am lazy."

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Girly Ranting
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 02:22:10 PM »
As far as I know, (and I don't know much) some women asked for their own board, or refused to post at all, because they were being abused on other boards. Originally, the intent was to have a woman-only board. Some men asked to be included, and agreed to follow the rules of what was originally intended to be a women-only board. Therefore, the point you're making is kind of irrelevant. So sorry.  :)

ow

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 04:55:26 AM »
Nothing new here, Buff. In your defence, a lot of people on here don't know the first thing about bbdg or fitness in general. I doubt some even workout. They stumble upon this website designed for bbdr's & fitness athletes and sign in. They are just average gym rats who go to the gym, go throught the motions and go home and eat McDonald's. They don't compete or attend shows. Nothing. Just ignore those posts and move on. If they really bother you, pm a mod. But sadly, we will always have haters in this business who will look at us like were freaks of nature. Just be happy with who you are and the accomplishments that you have made. My two pennies.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 07:24:44 AM »
Nothing new here, Buff. In your defence, a lot of people on here don't know the first thing about bbdg or fitness in general. I doubt some even workout. They stumble upon this website designed for bbdr's & fitness athletes and sign in. They are just average gym rats who go to the gym, go throught the motions and go home and eat McDonald's. They don't compete or attend shows. Nothing. Just ignore those posts and move on. If they really bother you, pm a mod. But sadly, we will always have haters in this business who will look at us like were freaks of nature. Just be happy with who you are and the accomplishments that you have made. My two pennies.

You're underestimating us, Playbuddy...

most people have a fair idea about weights and measures, irregardless of whether they spend time pumping.  Anyways, it's a forum for fit people, that's all...

BuffGoddess has perhaps reincarnated as someone else, this thread is a year old, I just thought I'd reinstate it to prove I'm mad..

xL

Monday 8:10 am:  Horrid neighbours nextdoor go bleep bleep bleep with their remote and start up their moped approximately 10 foot away from my bedroom window.  I asked once nicely a few months ago whether they wouldn't perhaps consider revving up once they got to the front road, but instead they threatened me (bloke and girlfriend, hey why aren't I surprised?) and continue to be the most anti-social neighbours one could wish for.

11am:  Went for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 01:28:41 PM »
You're underestimating us, Playbuddy...

most people have a fair idea about weights and measures, irregardless of whether they spend time pumping.  Anyways, it's a forum for fit people, that's all...

BuffGoddess has perhaps reincarnated as someone else, this thread is a year old, I just thought I'd reinstate it to prove I'm mad..

xL

Monday 8:10 am:  Horrid neighbours nextdoor go bleep bleep bleep with their remote and start up their moped approximately 10 foot away from my bedroom window.  I asked once nicely a few months ago whether they wouldn't perhaps consider revving up once they got to the front road, but instead they threatened me (bloke and girlfriend, hey why aren't I surprised?) and continue to be the most anti-social neighbours one could wish for.

11am:  Went for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

This forum was originally designed for bbdr's and fitness athletes both amature and pro and recreational bbdr's and fitness athletes who take their trining very serious. Problem is that others have taken it upon themselves to flood the forum and they don't even know the first thing about bbdg and fitness. That's why we have ridiculous boards on here that have absolutely nothing to do with bbdg or fitness. Don't confuse hardcore athletes with "fit average people".

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »
Why do they make some philips head screws so cheaply so that you strip them with hardly any pressure?   >:(
R

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2007, 12:34:53 AM »
Why do they make some philips head screws so cheaply so that you strip them with hardly any pressure?   >:(
they don't perse, perhaps you buy em cheap ;D

are you uing the correct size screwdriver? Although a lot of sizes will work, the best fitting size will prevent damage to the screws and increase longevity.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 06:10:43 AM »
they don't perse, perhaps you buy em cheap ;D

are you uing the correct size screwdriver? Although a lot of sizes will work, the best fitting size will prevent damage to the screws and increase longevity.

I don't know about the size of screwdriver, I was using a drill w/a philips head tip...maybe that was the problem :-[   The screws came in the pleated shade packages.  I ended up using the screws from the shades I took down.  Now those were quality-made!
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 08:34:24 AM »
I don't know about the size of screwdriver, I was using a drill w/a philips head tip...maybe that was the problem :-[   The screws came in the pleated shade packages.  I ended up using the screws from the shades I took down.  Now those were quality-made!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....screwdrivers........Vodka and orange juice......now that's how I like 'em :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 12:22:28 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....screwdrivers........Vodka and orange juice......now that's how I like 'em :)
:D Weee

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 08:10:53 AM »
thanks so much STella.

You've raised one of the most disturbing questions known to womankind.  I thought it was because they got rid of the 'straight headed' screws and screwdrivers and came up with all these other named ones which were brilliant at first but then don't fit if you can't find the right driver.  They come in far too many sizes. 

Then there's the problem with the size of plug to put in the hole you've made in the wall depending on the size of the drill bit and then finding the screw and screwdriver with the matching ends in the right size.

And you end up finding out you can't find it, having lent the one you need to the neighbour who never returns anything.  I still have all my drill bits though...

Next Monday let's sort out how to work our chain saws?
xL

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 08:30:36 AM »
thanks so much STella.

You've raised one of the most disturbing questions known to womankind.  I thought it was because they got rid of the 'straight headed' screws and screwdrivers and came up with all these other named ones which were brilliant at first but then don't fit if you can't find the right driver.  They come in far too many sizes.  Then there's the problem with the right size of plug.

And you end up finding out you can't find it, having lent the one you need to the neighbour who never returns anything.  I still have all my drill bits though...

Next Monday let's sort out how to work our chain saws?
xL
Never lend out tools. You'll never see them again.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:21 AM »
Never lend out tools. You'll never see them again.

or books or money

>>>just give them away.

xL

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 08:36:01 AM »
Tools are very expensive. I lent out a cordless drill to a neighbour once and I never saw it again. I never said anything, but I learned my lesson fast and I am one to hold a grudge to the grave.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 08:49:27 AM »
Tools are very expensive. I lent out a cordless drill to a neighbour once and I never saw it again. I never said anything, but I learned my lesson fast and I am one to hold a grudge to the grave.
You should have asked for it a week later. 
:D Weee

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »
You should have asked for it a week later. 
The way I see it, it cost me a cordless drill to get a knob of a neighbour out of my life.