Author Topic: More proof that I'll never understand hunting for sport.  (Read 3545 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
More proof that I'll never understand hunting for sport.
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:51:06 PM »
Apparently this redneck singer Troy Lee Gentry killed a bear in an enclosed 3 acre preserve and then lied about it saying it was killed in the wild. He even had the kill videotaped.

What the hell is the point of killing a bear that is caged in by an electric fence? How is that fun? This moron is the perfect example of how I just don't understand hunting for sport. It makes no sense to me.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20061127/D8LLMG0G1.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: More proof that I'll never understand hunting for sport.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »
I've never understood why it's impressive to kill anything with a gun.

You always hear about how this guy shot an elk, or a bear or what ever.

I'm not knocking hunters, but it would be far more impressive to kill a bear with a knife or something.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »
Its much more fun to stalk humans...:)

Really I only support hunters that are taking down the deer population for food for there familys. Hunting should never be a sport unless you arm the opponents.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:25:13 PM »
My grandpa killed several Bengal tigers in 70's. That was real hunting where you actually stalk and track the animal. Hunting as done by those stupidass rednecks is a fucking joke where they set the animal up to get killed.  ::)

Bears aren't huge in numbers, so this guy should be thrown into prison.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:26:49 PM »
This bear was in a 3 acre enclosure with an electrified fence running around the property. The bear was caged in, how is that hunting? This redneck might as well throw some fish into a 5 gallon bucket and drop a fishing line into the bucket and call that fishing.  ::)

Stooges with guns is never a good thing.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »

, but it would be far more impressive to kill a bear with a knife or something.

hahahaha yes it would.  :D  If you can jump on a bear and kill it with a knife you are a bad dude. I agree with the fact that hunting for anything other than food is uncalled for.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »
f**k a knife. How about that redneck try to tackle that bear with his own hands? Didn't the article say he killed the bear with a bow n arrow?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 06:05:44 PM »

I'm not knocking hunters, but it would be far more impressive to kill a bear with a knife or something.

I agree.  How about this:  one of my former coworkers goes duck hunting in Canada.  He uses a mechanical duck that swims and quacks in the water to lure ducks from the air.  Like shooting fish in a barrel IMO. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 09:50:43 PM »

No shit..............it's not like the animals had a gun to shoot back........then it would be interesting.........fuck ing hillbillies.....
HAHA, RON.....

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 10:06:16 PM »
as gay as hunting

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 11:52:40 PM »
Gayer than an over night Hunting trip with Derek Anthony and True Adonis.
S

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 12:39:13 AM »
I have never agreed with hunting.  I have no respect for anyone who hunts and does it with a gun or even a bow.  Most of these guys hide in trees, or dig themselves a hole and hide.  They shoot from a 100 years or more away sometimes.  What kind of skill does it take.  Some of these guys even use tripods and laser sightings.  Be a fucking man and take on the animal one on one with your bare hands.  You are a chicken killing an animal with a gun.  Weak people do that.  Gives them the illusion they have power.  When in reality they have nothing without the gun.  Go ahead go hunt like they did back in the stone age.  Do it with your hands or make a spear.  That is hunting.  That would make you a real man.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 12:41:22 AM »
I have never agreed with hunting.  I have no respect for anyone who hunts and does it with a gun or even a bow.  Most of these guys hide in trees, or dig themselves a hole and hide.  They shoot from a 100 years or more away sometimes.  What kind of skill does it take.  Some of these guys even use tripods and laser sightings.  Be a fucking man and take on the animal one on one with your bare hands.  You are a chicken killing an animal with a gun.  Weak people do that.  Gives them the illusion they have power.  When in reality they have nothing without the gun.  Go ahead go hunt like they did back in the stone age.  Do it with your hands or make a spear.  That is hunting.  That would make you a real man.

Exactly.

Take no balls to kill an animal with a weapon.
HAHA, RON.....

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 01:13:58 AM »

I take it by 100 years you mean 100 light years?

That's a 5.87849981 × 1014 mile distance! DAMN IMPRESSIVE IF YOU ASK ME! :o
الاسلام هو شيطانية

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 05:56:17 AM »
as much as you guys don't understand hunting; it's the same as a hunter not understanding bodybuilding.  to call them names is childish.
to each his own.  hunting is necessary however. 
W

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 06:01:35 AM »
as much as you guys don't understand hunting; it's the same as a hunter not understanding bodybuilding.  to call them names is childish.

oh dear

body88

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 06:26:37 AM »

Hunting is "necessary" if you need food or are using every part of the animal to make things. Ninety percent of "hunters" do not. I have no problem if a hunter eats the animal he kills and is not just shooting it for a trophy.I say that with the impression the animal thast is being hunted has sufficient numbers to sustain itself in the wild.Retards hunt animals, shoot them and then hang them on there wall. Wow, how impowering ::) What are you talking about anyway? This thread is about a guy who set up a captive bear and shot it. He did it for fun. You are ob an idiot.

Ps, hunting animals with low population numbers for sport is gay. Cowards

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 07:17:38 AM »
Their is an island off the coast of my state called Prudence Island.  Deer must be hunted or the whole herd would starve.  They have strict limits and I know a few hunters who go, but bring back the deer for food.  I understand how this is necessary, but hunting just isn't my thing.  It's done mostly with bows and the thought of blood tracking a wounded, crying animal isn't my idea of a sport. 

What they should do with that red nick singer is put the bastard in a electric fenced in area with hungry bears and see how he feels as the hunted one, with no escape.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

body88

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 07:39:32 AM »
Their is an island off the coast of my state called Prudence Island.  Deer must be hunted or the whole herd would starve.  They have strict limits and I know a few hunters who go, but bring back the deer for food.  I understand how this is necessary, but hunting just isn't my thing.  It's done mostly with bows and the thought of blood tracking a wounded, crying animal isn't my idea of a sport. 

What they should do with that red nick singer is put the bastard in a electric fenced in area with hungry bears and see how he feels as the hunted one, with no escape.

I can agree with that. If there is a huge population of a particular animal and a hunter wants to take a buck then go for it. As long as he is eating the meat or using the animal for materials there should not be a huge issue about it. I personally would not do it but I can understand that.

It is the trophy bullshit I hate. Guys hunting endangered animals with ak47's and bazookas for the hell of it. Fucking cowards!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 08:22:57 AM »

I can agree with that. If there is a huge population of a particular animal and a hunter wants to take a buck then go for it. As long as he is eating the meat or using the animal for materials there should not be a huge issue about it. I personally would not do it but I can understand that.

It is the trophy bullshit I hate. Guys hunting endangered animals with ak47's and bazookas for the hell of it. Fucking cowards!
The fvcked up thing is that their are a bunch of idiots that drive around at night and pop a deer when it freezes in the headlights.  Those are poachers and they use shotguns and take more than the limit.  The island has no full time cops sleeping their, so jacking is easy.  These bastards aren't hunters, just criminals who should not be allowed to hunt, never mind have guns.  Than you have these nuts who go through the woods banging pans together to scare off the deer.  It's become a war zone during hunting season.  Handicap week is even worse.  Paraplegics being driven around with guns.  DANGER
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »

Exactly how is hunting necessary in this day in age?

::)

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 08:34:52 AM »
My grandpa killed several Bengal tigers in 70's. That was real hunting where you actually stalk and track the animal. Hunting as done by those stupidass rednecks is a fucking joke where they set the animal up to get killed.  ::)

Bears aren't huge in numbers, so this guy should be thrown into prison.

kinda ironic you say the guy should be thrown in jail for killing a bear cuz
there not many left in the wild... But then again your grandpa is the reason
why tigers are about extinct in the wild now a days...
pump'em dump'em

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 08:40:58 AM »
Ozmo,
There are many instances where hunting is necessary.
Mainly in the controlling of wild game populations.
I live in a province of 1 million people however there are over 2 million deer. Also the elk and moose have started to migrate out of the north and are wrecking lots of farm land. Elk and moose weren't short grass prairie animals before but are now. Not to mention they kill 5 to 10 people a year in vehicle accidents and causes millions of dollars in damage.
The biggest problem is with snow geese, nobody hunts these animals so the numbers are out of control.  They are destroying whole tracks of farm land. The government has double the fall season and added a spring season, but the numbers keep growing.

The factors that control these populations aren't around any more. Most of the predators have been killed and with the change in weather patterns they haven't been dying due to weather.

Game farm hunting makes me sick, but there are many people that do it and it is a huge business in many states and provinces.
Z

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »
whats the difference between butchering a cow and shooting a deer?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 09:19:56 AM »

Hunting is "necessary" if you need food or are using every part of the animal to make things. Ninety percent of "hunters" do not. I have no problem if a hunter eats the animal he kills and is not just shooting it for a trophy.I say that with the impression the animal thast is being hunted has sufficient numbers to sustain itself in the wild.Retards hunt animals, shoot them and then hang them on there wall. Wow, how impowering ::) What are you talking about anyway? This thread is about a guy who set up a captive bear and shot it. He did it for fun. You are ob an idiot.

Ps, hunting animals with low population numbers for sport is gay. Cowards

you are a certifiable dips**t.  a decent thread and you start the name calling.  you don't have a clue about hunting, what it's about and why people do it.  why don't you gain knowledge about something before you demean people that do it.  Wow, how impowering you must feel!
W