Author Topic: Victor Martinez Question  (Read 1847 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Victor Martinez Question
« on: November 27, 2006, 06:11:57 PM »
Victor Martinez has great shape and great gentics, all in all he is a great bodybuilder.The thing that puzzles me is he has the last name Martinez, and says he is from the Dominican Republic , yet he looks African American to me.I have never seen any Spanish bodybuilder with round muscle bellies and a small waiste like he has, plus he has all the facial features of an African American.My cousin says he is Spanish, because he is dating a Dominican girl, who also looks African American to me.I am not being racist, but are Domincan Republic people, African American and Spanish, or just Spanish people with African American features.? I have heard of Domincican Republican people getting offended when you ask them if they are African American, but why would they?Who cares if you are African American, or even half African American, especially these days.I personally wish I had Victor Martinez's genetics, the guys has one of the best shapes in bodybuilding, in the symetry round Jay or Ronnie couldnt hold a candle to him.Another Domincan athlete Sammy Sosa, who also is a great athlete who looks African American, but is also from the Dominican RepublicSo does anybody know the scoop with Dominican Republic people and are they Spanish or ??????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Victor Martinez Question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 06:15:12 PM »
dammit, cause i'm a thug

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »
Victor Martinez has great shape and great gentics, all in all he is a great bodybuilder.The thing that puzzles me is he has the last name Martinez, and says he is from the Dominican Republic , yet he looks African American to me.I have never seen any Spanish bodybuilder with round muscle bellies and a small waiste like he has, plus he has all the facial features of an African American.My cousin says he is Spanish, because he is dating a Dominican girl, who also looks African American to me.I am not being racist, but are Domincan Republic people, African American and Spanish, or just Spanish people with African American features.? I have heard of Domincican Republican people getting offended when you ask them if they are African American, but why would they?Who cares if you are African American, or even half African American, especially these days.I personally wish I had Victor Martinez's genetics, the guys has one of the best shapes in bodybuilding, in the symetry round Jay or Ronnie couldnt hold a candle to him.Another Domincan athlete Sammy Sosa, who also is a great athlete who looks African American, but is also from the Dominican RepublicSo does anybody know the scoop with Dominican Republic people and are they Spanish or ??????
You serious!? Ever heard of the Slave Trade?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
Does Victor look Spanish to you?

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 06:27:39 PM »
many many many domican people look that way.... infact the varience in "look" of hispanic people in general is sometimes extreme.... especially domicans however... i know many that look even more Black then vic.... if uve ever heard him speak, ude know he's a domican new yorker in a sec

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:29:14 PM »
Dr Chimps I have heard of the word slave trade, but I know a dominican girl who gets offended when you ask her if she is African American.She considers herself Spanish yet she looks very African American, just like Victore Martinez.I personally Dominicans are half Hatiican, and half SPanish.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 06:31:10 PM »
Does Victor look Spanish to you?
*sigh* The Slave Trade brought over millions of 'workers' for the New World from Africa. Some worked in the canefields of the Caribbean, some worked in the mines in South America, etc. Over time, as it usually happens, these workers and the local indigenous population and ruling peoples - in the DR's case, Spanish -  had offspring. TADA. Victor Martinez.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »
Dr Chimps I have heard of the word slave trade, but I know a dominican girl who gets offended when you ask her if she is African American.She considers herself Spanish yet she looks very African American, just like Victore Martinez.I personally Dominicans are half Hatiican, and half SPanish.
OK. I see what you're saying. Well, I know that in the case of the Caribbean, there is a quite a harsh 'colour' gradient where the lighter skinned are held in higher esteem/regard than the darker skinned. I would assume that this gradient exists everywhere. I have been told it holds in India as well. Sad but true. Stories of 'passing' are sadly, still current. Sorry for the lecture.  :)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 06:49:02 PM »
I dont mind the lecture, so the bottom line is what?Are Dominican people Milado, African American? Spanish or?I have seen alot of Dominican people because I was born in NY and I always thought of them as African American , but I know a few Dominican people who consider themselves latino, and get offended when you ask them if they are African American.I personally think they are African American, and are just in denial opf there true heritage, which I think is ignorant.So what if your African American, or Milado, its not like we are in the 1960's anymore so it really doesnt matter.From an bodybuilders perspective, I think I would rather have African American genetics,the small waiste and round muscle bellies

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 07:26:02 PM »
victor is 100% pure-blooded russian....

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 01:34:43 AM »

you need to get out more and further more, wtf is milado

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 01:38:59 AM »
Martinez is pure Aryan blood...He just has an amazing tan.... ;D
Watching The Haters

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 01:41:14 AM »
Similar to Cuba, slaves from Angola mixed with indigenous people.

Try this: Dont ask if they're African-American. Might help.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 01:46:25 AM »
Who goes up to someone and calls them a certain ethnicity anyways...That is just disrespectful...We will all just be mixed up eventually anyway....Harsh "You People" example lol....
Watching The Haters

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 01:52:20 AM »
What about "my people"? What do you mean "my people"? What, are "your people" better?