Author Topic: Drug-free powerlifter Art Jones benches 580 for 2 reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5806 times)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Mind-boggling strength. :o

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

20inch calves

• Getbig V
i hate to sound this way but i really don't believe anyone is natural that is benching over 500lbs. i will strike that maybe one out a million lifters could possible build up to that.
irongearco.com

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
well, this is one lifter total so far. you don't think that for every one arthur jones there are a million that can't? even by your own "one in a million" phony stat this is plausible. badass vid.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
i hate to sound this way but i really don't believe anyone is natural that is benching over 500lbs. i will strike that maybe one out a million lifters could possible build up to that.

I guess you mean RAW?

brian36

• Getbig II
wow

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
the spotter stood pretty far away, pretty much useless, if i was benching that much id want 2 spotters on each side.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
the spotter stood pretty far away, pretty much useless, if i was benching that much id want 2 spotters on each side.

it never ceases to amuse me how far people on here will stretch to find things to criticize. monster insecurity.  ::)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Love the spotters nerves.Great lift.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
it never ceases to amuse me how far people on here will stretch to find things to criticize. monster insecurity.  ::)
are you retarded??  i commented on the spotter, what the f**k is your problem with that?  i didn't even mention the lift.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
drug-free, oh brother

natural 600lb bench, maybe a silverback gorilla but not a human.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
I don't understand why anyone would need more than one spotter. The spotter is there to help in case you fall short of completing the lift, not to lift the weight for you. It should take very little effort to spot someone on a bench press.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
drug-free, oh brother

Whatever makes you feel better. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
are you retarded??  i commented on the spotter, what the f**k is your problem with that?  i didn't even mention the lift.

I would agree he was useless... even though he doesn't really need the spotter for the 2 reps he should have him there just incase it shifts one way or the other.  You never really know with that much weight.  clean lifts though so settle down Magoo

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
drug-free, oh brother

You mean that wasn't a gorilla  :-X
P

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
I don't understand why anyone would need more than one spotter. The spotter is there to help in case you fall short of completing the lift, not to lift the weight for you. It should take very little effort to spot someone on a bench press.

When it's powerlifting I would disagree. Your using a hefty amount of weight and again if you accidentally lose balance with it you can injure yourself pretty quickly.  It's not like using say 300lbs and being able to use stabilizing muscles to compensate

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Whatever makes you feel better. ::)

you're gullible and delusional.  you're the kind of guy that thinks that a drug-free guy can be Mr. Olympia and break powerlifting records if he works hard.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
you're gullible and delusional.  you're the kind of guy that thinks that a drug-free guy can be Mr. Olympia and break powerlifting records if he works hard.

I bet you're one of those "naturals" who think steroids add 200 lb to your bench and 400 lb to your squat. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
are you retarded??  i commented on the spotter, what the f**k is your problem with that?  i didn't even mention the lift.

that's exactly my problem, dingus. you saw a video of a dude cleanly benching 580 for a double and all you commented on was was the spotter being useless. that's like watching a video of a guy getting a 55 yard field goal and then bitching that the linemen weren't fast enough after the snap.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
If the dude can bench 600 naturally, that means that he'll be able to push 900 after a year or two on roids, right? ::)

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Just last week I was spotting a friend doing negatives w/ 495. It started to tilt and I lost it -- no way I could catch 500lbs. heh...my bad.

So, yea. With lots of weight, the more spotters the better.

haha Hope you didn't have collars on that... Atlease without them it's easier to get out

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
impressive lift, no way this guy's natural
are you delusional?

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
impressive lift, no way this guy's natural

Of course he is natural.Jay Cutler is natural too.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Definately sick, natural or not! Did he have a shirt under there? I cant tell.

Nevertheless its something to aspire to.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Very good lifts.  The guy is big and solid.  I can't see why anyone on here could criticize those lifts at all.  Absolutely great.  And having the spotter back there is fine.  He obviously has done this heavy weight before and feels confident with it.  Perfectly reasonable.  Just take it as a great lift and the guy is strong as hell.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Awesome watching big weights being moved. I can't imagine how Rezazadeh can lift this weight of 580 lbs from the floor to above his head in the clean and jerk. Doesn't make sense.