Author Topic: pit bulls are sick  (Read 44528 times)

body88

Re: pit bulls are sick
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2006, 06:21:39 AM »
A dogo is a Argentinian Mastiff. The American bulldogs of Argentina.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2006, 06:27:18 AM »
Beautiful animal.

body88

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2006, 06:38:33 AM »
Yes, I love Dogos, American bulldogs and also Apbt's.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006, 07:01:08 AM »

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2006, 07:02:45 AM »
You bastards better not even get me started. If anyone says ignorant shit I am getting my statistics and temperment scores from credible sources. I will make this bitch 400 pages!!!! The idiots who abuse these wonderful animals and turn them into weapons should be punished not the dog!

LOL, first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was body's going to have a field day with this one.  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2006, 07:24:56 AM »
cane corsos look like they've been doing GH . . . their skulls are more overgrown than Cutler's.  the dog in the second pic looks like it might also have early-onset Palumbism.

That's because they're Molosser breeds. All these breeds, Corsos, Presas, Pit Bull, Bull Terrier,etc, etc. all are part of the Molosser family.

Traps, from what I have read, the UKC, has no set standard for a APBT, so, a Am Staff, English Staff, or Bull Terrier can be enter ed as one. Due to the fact that there are no set standards for looks, you'll see APBT that look like hounds on one end of the APBT spectrum, and on the other you'll see the archetypical wide skull, massively muscled 70 pound dogs (Wilrox's Red Mike Tyson comes to mind).

I like the way some VA breeders have bred Am Staffs to a muscular standard, but I like English Staffys due to them being about 35-40 pounds, I have also looked into Irish Staffys as well.

What do you guys think about someone going to the local SPCA  and getting a APBT?

body88

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2006, 08:00:35 AM »
That's because they're Molosser breeds. All these breeds, Corsos, Presas, Pit Bull, Bull Terrier,etc, etc. all are part of the Molosser family.

Traps, from what I have read, the UKC, has no set standard for a APBT, so, a Am Staff, English Staff, or Bull Terrier can be enter ed as one. Due to the fact that there are no set standards for looks, you'll see APBT that look like hounds on one end of the APBT spectrum, and on the other you'll see the archetypical wide skull, massively muscled 70 pound dogs (Wilrox's Red Mike Tyson comes to mind).

I like the way some VA breeders have bred Am Staffs to a muscular standard, but I like English Staffys due to them being about 35-40 pounds, I have also looked into Irish Staffys as well.

What do you guys think about someone going to the local SPCA  and getting a APBT?

You should see the skull on a fully mature American Bulldog of the Johnson strain. Also the muscle mass. About 125 lbs of pure muscle. The Scott strain of American bulldog looks like a giant pit. They can get up to about 120 also. But a more normal weight for them is in the 80 - 100 range. There is also a third strain of ab known as the hybrid. That is a johnson Scott mix. That is what my pup is. He is 10 months old and weighs 81lbs of pure muscle already. I have seen heads on Johnson Ab's that are honestly as large as a basketball. Most t he size you see in the pits today has been bred in to them. They should really only be about 50 lbs. 70 for a pit is gigantic.

Adoption is  GREAT idea parker. Pitbulls are some of the most loyal and stable animals on the planet. If you raise them correctly you will have no more trouble with one than a jack Russell terrier. He or she will adore you. If you want something that is larger look into American bulldogs.

A picture of my pup at 10 months

body88

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2006, 08:14:40 AM »
Here are some examples of American bulldogs

Johnson strain ( short nose, massive structure, tons of muscle. (Range from 85lbs to well over 125)

Scott strain - longer nose ,sleaker look  often mistaken for very large pits.  (range from 75 - 125)

Hybrid ( the best attributes of both strains  range from  (80lbs - 125 )

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2006, 08:18:27 AM »
Here are some examples of American bulldogs

Johnson strain

WOW, look at the size of the skull and chest on that dog.

body88

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2006, 08:22:11 AM »
Look at this one. This johnson is HUGE

The thing that is most amazing the AB can be gigantic and move with the agility of jack russell terrier.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2006, 08:26:28 AM »
Look at this one. This johnson is HUGE

He doesn't even have any fat on him. You can see veins in his chest, that's insane. He even looks like he's got abs.

He looks like he's stacking steroids. LOL

He must be too strong to control even for people like us that workout and are stronger than average people.

body88

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2006, 08:31:34 AM »
He is highly trained. He is also in love with the little girl of the man who breeds him. He is a special animal. DOnt let the size fool you. Giant teddy bear. That is the biggest mother I have ever seen. The scary thing is you can see his ribs when he walks.Just a genetic mutant. Muscle eveywhere.

You would think he would be a handful. But he has no idea how big he is. Since he was trained and socialized the correct way since he was a baby he think his owner is the alpha male. But you are correct if he ever wanted to pull you, unlesss you are Ronnie Coleman you aint stoppin him!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2006, 09:33:55 AM »
He is highly trained. He is also in love with the little girl of the man who breeds him. He is a special animal. DOnt let the size fool you. Giant teddy bear. That is the biggest mother I have ever seen. The scary thing is you can see his ribs when he walks.Just a genetic mutant. Muscle eveywhere.

You would think he would be a handful. But he has no idea how big he is. Since he was trained and socialized the correct way since he was a baby he think his owner is the alpha male. But you are correct if he ever wanted to pull you, unlesss you are Ronnie Coleman you aint stoppin him!
Thanks for the info Body,
Beautiful animal. The Wilrox strianof APBT is hugely muscular. I think they had a stud called Red Mike Tyson. It had trriceps muscles bulging out :o. It's rear legs would have mad Tom Platz  smile. I don't know if they still have him. And there was a Virgina breeder of Am Staffs that had a similar Am Staff. The dog looked to be the same height as a normal Am staff, but due to its extrodinary muscle qaulity it looked shorter. I'll try and find pics

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2006, 09:53:08 AM »
You bastards better not even get me started. If anyone says ignorant shit I am getting my statistics and temperment scores from credible sources. I will make this bitch 400 pages!!!! The idiots who abuse these wonderful animals and turn them into weapons should be punished not the dog!

You go Body..i'm with you 100% man...lets fight that shit owners and let the breed survive man kind... :(
?

body88

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2006, 10:01:57 AM »
Whats up bro?

I found out some shithead was fighting dogs down the street from my buddies house in Chelsea Ma. I got the buckets dogs taken away. Weird, someone threw a cinderblock through his truck windshield also. Must not be a well liked fella ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2006, 10:03:27 AM »
Wilrox Kennels site ain't working, but they have some perfect spec APBTs
here's one

body88

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2006, 10:03:53 AM »
Thanks for the info Body,
Beautiful animal. The Wilrox strianof APBT is hugely muscular. I think they had a stud called Red Mike Tyson. It had trriceps muscles bulging out :o. It's rear legs would have mad Tom Platz  smile. I don't know if they still have him. And there was a Virgina breeder of Am Staffs that had a similar Am Staff. The dog looked to be the same height as a normal Am staff, but due to its extrodinary muscle qaulity it looked shorter. I'll try and find pics

Def post some pics! Post some shots of your pup also!

body88

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2006, 10:04:55 AM »
Wilrox Kennels site ain't working, but they have some perfect spec APBTs
here's one

I love the red pits. I used to have a Brindle named Damien. I want to get a miniature bull terrior for my AB to have as a buddy. Female of course.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »
Dogos are also what you call tacos in Tijuana

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2006, 10:29:43 AM »
Whats up bro?

Doing fine bro!

I found out some shithead was fighting dogs down the street from my buddies house in Chelsea Ma. I got buckets dogs taken away. Weird, someone threw a cinderblock through his truck windshield also. Must not be a well liked fella ;)

Fuck him up reall good my friend..that will teach him ... :D
?

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »

True true.  I've owned several and they're one of the smartest breeds of dog ever.  The reason people are so scared of them is that owners make them mean and being as tenacious as they are makes them the King of dogs.  I could go on and on about some of the things they amazingly can do, but you already know that.  You can make them the most peaceful but protective guard dogs their is  You can also make them a super strong killer and that's how they got such a bad rap.  Most are loving and playfull unless you teach them otherwise and that sucks.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »
Am Staff pics

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2006, 02:14:38 PM »
Another Am staff pic

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2006, 12:24:34 AM »

Amen to that.  I love all bull breeds.  Great animals, loyal to the end. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »

You should see the skull on a fully mature American Bulldog of the Johnson strain. Also the muscle mass. About 125 lbs of pure muscle. The Scott strain of American bulldog looks like a giant pit. They can get up to about 120 also. But a more normal weight for them is in the 80 - 100 range. There is also a third strain of ab known as the hybrid. That is a johnson Scott mix. That is what my pup is. He is 10 months old and weighs 81lbs of pure muscle already. I have seen heads on Johnson Ab's that are honestly as large as a basketball. Most t he size you see in the pits today has been bred in to them. They should really only be about 50 lbs. 70 for a pit is gigantic.

Adoption is  GREAT idea parker. Pitbulls are some of the most loyal and stable animals on the planet. If you raise them correctly you will have no more trouble with one than a jack Russell terrier. He or she will adore you. If you want something that is larger look into American bulldogs.

A picture of my pup at 10 months

The problem with a lot of Johnson breeders is that they only breed for size, weight, and shortness of muzzle.  I would hate to have a 150 lb blob who couldn't move, couldn't take the Hawaii humidity because of a short muzzle, and was so undershot that he couldn't hold.  I have become a big fan of working Alan Scott/Billy Hines strain.  Hines, prior to his death, bred for performance, mainly hog hunting.  A lot of his dogs, (Von Sanctuarys Loki, his son Bossman, Bossman's daughter Kombat, Hillbilly, Countryboy, Snowbird) were functionally fantastic dogs that could take down a 400 lb Russian boar, and eat at the dinner table with toddlers.  I have two bitches, both descendants of Bossman/Snowflake outcrosses who are low slung, thick, agile, have a five inch muzzle with clean reverse scissors bites, but their heads are wide like a shoe box.  They can breathe, move freely, have endurance to do high intensity things for 2-3 hours (weight pulling and protection training) and are docile around friend's and family.  I also have a 7/8 Johnson Male out of Mark Landers breeding at MGK.  He is the only Johnson breeder putting out hard dogs that are physically functional and "look" the part.  (Sure Grip isn't selling dogs anymore, Kyle Symmes is into other breeds now like the rat terrier).  If I were to get another Scott Dog, Larry Koura puts out some fantastic dogs, as does Steve LeClerc.  They both have Masher/Margentina (Painter) line dogs that are fantastic. 

I think the AB is the perfect dog.  Like having a bigger pit, they don't come with the typical stereotypes that have given Pits a bad name.  When my insurance guy calls to renew my homeowners policy, he still asks if I have Bulldogs.  If I had a Rott or a Pit, my rates would have been higher.  So a few jackasses spoil it for everyone.  Like others here, I love all Molosser breeds.  I would love a good Tosa Inu, or a Boerbel, or a Presa Canario.  The problem is there aren't that many breeders with which I can trust.  The ABA has a great list of breeders who breed for functionality over form.  Function is always first, looks second.